7+ Year Old Account

Artifact Talent Tree Re-Spec

Why does it have to cost so much just to refund all your points seems a bit much it says i need 18620 to refund my points yet i only have
    15976 and even when you do so you dont even get fully refunded all your AP you used seems a bit off.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I felt the same way when I made a mistake and had to reset. It's pretty punishing to make it cost as much AP as your next upgrade.

Probably because you're gonna end up getting all of the traits anyways.

If you're resetting/refunding your traits, you're doing it wrong. You should not EVER be refunding your traits. No. Matter. What. It's not like talents where you have to take something instead of something else forever. With the traits, you're going to have them all in a few weeks. Setting yourself behind and paying a trait's worth of artifact power is basically saying "the last few days of work I did was meaningless, i'm just going to throw it away."

if it's still the first 13 traits (in an OS artifact or something), you might as well respec because it essentially costs nothing. If you've invested more than that though, just stick with it and start moving toward whatever you really want. You'll have all three golds before too long anyway

I don't understand why so many people are messing up their artifact trait paths. There's guides all over WoWhead, all over the discord dedicated to each class, and all over icy veins. When there's multiple sites telling you what the best path to go for is then I have a hard time seeing how so many people are messing up.

I understand everybody makes mistakes, but there's so many places that show you what path is best and what to go for. Understandable if you somehow fat finger the wrong trait but still.

Either way, even if you mess up, don't reset. There's no point. It'll set you back 1 trait so unless you messed up the entire path and can't fix it within the next trait or two, then reset. But that's really the only occasion.