Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I didn't see this post until now and was in the other thread. Anyway, here's some information for people who are looking to setup a fair comparison between the stats.

The key is to keep the secondary stat budget the same across different setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post

Here is a hypothetical "sim" showing what happens if it were possible to have as much versatility as mastery:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...af151a5aacb6e8
    317K DPS
    This simulation has 35,000 secondary stats.

And now, for the final sim, we have a POSSIBLE build that leaves the profile as default, but overrides as such:
    Mastery: 50%
    Versatility: 27.5%
    Haste: 23% (includes 13% haste from gear +10% from talent)

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...ba5eccff8257ad
    285K DPS
    This simulation has 22,000 secondary stats.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...0da5e03eb65b51
    The default "optimal" enhancement shaman profile on that site with no changes made sims at 258K DPS.
    This simulation has 16,000 secondary stats.

Because of the difference in secondary stats, of course the first one will do more dmg. To run single-sim tests like this, you'll want to make sure the secondary stat total is the same in each one.

I also setup a 'stats' batch run that leaves crit where it is and varies haste, mastery and versatility. Single target, default talents. Here's the report: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...d615c0378e21a9

Here's another followup post I made in the other thread (yeah, I'm quoting myself, is that weird?!)
    Before I post this, I want to say I am not trying to argue for or against a stat. I am not our theorycraft expert, that would be Swol over at AMR.

However, I *AM* trying to set up fair comparisons for testing, which is something I do all day. That being said, here's a comparison for your first example, the hypothetical one:

But a better way to look at it is that batch report I linked, which professor, you pointed out that you could give up 2-4% DPS and get the other benefits from a little bit of vers. For some players that might be worth it. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...d615c0378e21a9

edit: just so you all know what I'm looking at. On any of those regular reports, scroll down and expand the 'stats' section. You can see the stat overrides there.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2016-09-20 at 09:20 PM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Troll is the idiot who keeps disagreeing when proven wrong, i.e. you. Time to grow a pair and admit I was right, or keep being a little child.

Doom wolves are inconsequential damage, and hailstorm is not better than +10% haste in most instances. The scaling and distribution of damage would not shift significantly even if you enable doom wolves and re-run the sim. They are disabled by the default profile...which I left alone.
    What default are you using exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post

Didn't you hear, Doom wolves are inconsequential damage

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you call yourself Professor Expert, doesnt mean youre actually clued on.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Zoopercat what's 13,000 secondary stats between friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Wrong site, champ. Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Didn't you hear, Doom wolves are inconsequential damage
    2 min CD with 15 sec duration.

Clearly leading the pack on damage and including or excluding it in a 5 min "sim", i.e. 2 times, is going to make a substantial difference. /end_sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Better to just report and move. It's pretty clearly a troll at this point.
    Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Haha yeah okay troll, whatever makes you float
    Being right floats my boat just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tozza View Post
    This thread amuses me, do go on, explain some more
    If you require further explanation then the subject matter is likely too advanced for you. I'd direct you to the huntard forums for further assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    But a better way to look at it is that batch report I linked, which professor, you pointed out that you could give up 2-4% DPS and get the other benefits from a little bit of vers. For some players that might be worth it.
    This was my point all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Just because you call yourself Professor Expert, doesnt mean youre actually clued on.
    And yet, as fortune would have it, I was indeed clued in and correct, despite the torrent of angry nerds distorting my position to make it suit their failed "cookie cutter" approach to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Well that escalated quickly
    Drama queen much?

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    @Zoopercat what's 13,000 secondary stats between friends?
    I don't know, is it a simple illustrative example that completely flew over your head? Maybe...because now you're all just being snarky and butthurt since your own precious sim validated the point I made just by gleaning simple observations from trying different combinations in game and...gasp...actually playing the game.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point is youve pulled 13,000 worth of a secondary stat from thin fucking air.

Its the most useless hypothesis in history.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2016-09-21 at 06:29 AM.

Wrong site, champ. Next.
    Very condescending. So you're using an import that's sub-optimal, and (from what it seems) is pulled from your own character. Stay strong friendo.

Deleted
    Just leave OP alone, it's not his fault he's not mentally prepared to understand how 4 secondary stats work

I am stacking armor penetration in my sims and it shows that it is the best stat.

Quote Originally Posted by rodinspfc View Post
    I am stacking armor penetration in my sims and it shows that it is the best stat.
    This checks out.
    Just think about it, nature damage only accounts for about 30% of your dps but armour penetration buffs all of your physical damage.
    That's a whole 70% of your damage!

I just love how he doesn't understand that %≠rating... though that assumes he's not a troll.

you are one of the best troll i've ever seen in this forums. Keep going, i i follow i follow you deep sea baby i follow you

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote from first post
    Point is to establish that versatility is the better stat IF it is available in equal quantities. Realistically, mastery is better because you get more % per point.
    quote from Noxic (although i don't like that guy but i don't have time to do stats weight comparison atm so if someone find it wrong pls correct it)
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/shaman...stat-priority/
    Stat Weights

Agility [9.04] > Haste [7.54] > Mastery [6.04] > Crit [4.54] > Versatility [3.04]
    so really you would need 2x more versatility points to get same dps result
    its easy to change just percent from 77% mastery to 77% versa on sim but actually versa to be better would require some gear with 2x secondary stats budget in versatility which is not a case from what im aware of making all your work obsolete and post not really true not mentioning all that pointless arguing later on
    Last edited by kosajk; 2016-09-21 at 09:14 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    Quote from first post

quote from Noxic (although i don't like that guy but i don't have time to do stats weight comparison atm so if someone find it wrong pls correct it)
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/shaman...stat-priority/

so really you would need 2x more versatility points to get same dps result
    its easy to change just percent from 77% mastery to 77% versa on sim but actually versa to be better would require some gear with 2x secondary stats budget in versatility which is not a case from what im aware of making all your work obsolete and post not really true not mentioning all that pointless arguing later on
    Dear God Noxxic's information is so bad it's incredible the site still functions.

Surely, we cannot let this post die?
    The people must be told, Enhancement Shamans everywhere NEED to get 30k+ Versa ASAP, raids have already been released!

Is this the enhancement version of flat earth? I think it is.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Guys, let me let you in on a little secret:

If dimes were worth 50 cents they'd be better than quarters.

I think he's talking about the "enchantment" shaman that we hear so much and not enhanc.