Glyph of Voidlord

Has anyone tried this glyph yet? Does it use the new high quality Voidlord model, or the old TBC one?

I'd check it myself, but I don't feel like spending 15,000 gold to find out..

IF it's like any other warlock visual, it's most likely an older, out of date model.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

It uses the updated model that was introduced in 6.2.

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    It uses the updated model that was introduced in 6.2.
    So, you mean the old one that had just the extra lightning effects on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So, you mean the old one that had just the extra lightning effects on it?
    It uses the old WoD model, not the new Legion model that you would have seen in pictures and videos.

So, we ended up with this:

Not this:

Last edited by transparent; 2016-09-21 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a nice vid of what all the glyphs do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdARaQnrx4s
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Oh damn, they need to fix that and give it the new model.

I recommend finding someone in your guild with inscription. Buy the materials and get them to make it. It does not cost 15k gold. That's what I did.

It uses the same model as WoD (or at least something extremely similar to it, hard to tell), but with added lightning effects or something. I think it looks very nice.

(edit wrote the wrong patch)
    Last edited by TMY9000; 2016-09-21 at 09:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like it, definitely prefer it to the normal VW model.

Do note that it is spec bound. so if you use the glyph on say Destruction it will not be available when playing affliction or Demonology.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOhmg View Post
    I recommend finding someone in your guild with inscription. Buy the materials and get them to make it. It does not cost 15k gold. That's what I did.
    I couldn't wait for someone to hop on, so I bought the Voidlord and Fel Imp one for 23k total
    Someday further along the xpac, when the prices drop to 500g I'll think "kek, such a waste of gold". But right now I don't care because I love these models
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

This is disappointing. A new very cool model we don't get to use.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    Do note that it is spec bound. so if you use the glyph on say Destruction it will not be available when playing affliction or Demonology.
    That annoys the crap out of me. Why do I have to buy the same glyph three times? I mean really, what are the odds that I'm going to want crimson banish on affliction, but not demo, or spectral raptor on enh, but not elemental, etc?

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Succath View Post
    That's such a kick in the nads. Maybe if glyphs were cheaper but holy hell people charging 15k for that and the druid owl one.

Honestly, I know this will never happen but I would kill for a glyph to let my voidwalker have the BC model of the ones wearing robes with lanterns hanging over their shoulders. Don't even care if it was a crappy lower res BC models, I have pined for that minion for so long.

Since blizz has decided it wants glyphs to be for vanity and possibly a guild sink they should really go to town on ideas in the next expansion. Well, I wish they would.
    Last edited by Lisa Frank Succubus; 2016-09-22 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Oh damn, they need to fix that and give it the new model.
    Plis no, I prefer the old one
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.