WOW is just too much grind now

90% of my WOW playtime now consists of redoing the same dungeons and recycled quests over and over again for artifact points and WF.

Next thing you know we'll be forced to do LFR for AP oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post
    90% of my WOW playtime now consists of redoing the same dungeons and recycled quests over and over again for artifact points and WF.

and this is different from the past 12 years how?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    It's always been a grind... this is just the first time it's interesting.

Deleted
    Wow has always been a grind. If you want instant rewards I suggest a different game.

Do you expect them to be able to design, create, and balance content at the same rate you play it at?

You don't understand game development. You don't understand MMOs. I suggest quitting.

Deleted
    The problem is that the grind is artificially drawn out. Artifact Power is the most blatant example, where the game makes grinding it exponentially more difficult with every step, while the mechanic speeding it up is extremely slow (1 rank AK every 5 days).
    Other examples are the absurd material costs of potions vs. yield from Herbalism. Especially Starlight Roses (only a chance for 1 at a time, and rank 3 is pure RNG to get) and Fox Flower (waaaaaay too few nodes in Highmountain to be farmed efficiently). Someone calculated that a raid of 30 people would use up 700.000 to 1 million gold worth of materials in a single raid night. At the same time potion of deadly grace is so absurdly powerful that you simply cannot afford not to use it.

Once again: The majority of people who play through content fast know very well that it is limited. The big issues everyone is getting upset about is bad design-choices and artificially padding content. People are annoyed that they can do nothing but sit on their asses and wait as some arbitrary timer counts down.
    Last edited by mmocb1a1e5b610; 2016-09-21 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameasun View Post
    The problem is that the grind is artificially drawn out. Artifact Power is the most blatant example, where the game makes grinding it exponentially more difficult with every step, while the mechanic speeding it up is extremely slow (1 rank AK every 5 days).
    Other examples are the absurd material costs of potions vs. yield from Herbalism. Especially Starlight Roses (only a chance for 1 at a time, and rank 3 is pure RNG to get) and Fox Flower (waaaaaay too few nodes in Highmountain to be farmed efficiently). Someone calculated that a raid of 30 people would use up 700.000 to 1 million gold worth of materials in a single raid night. At the same time potion of deadly grace is so absurdly powerful that you simply cannot afford not to use it.
    7.1 will fix most of the expensive mat problems, which is already on PTR.

Probably a month or so.

I was telling people there are some out there who like garrison wow, no one believed me ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    7.1 will fix most of the expensive mat problems, which is already on PTR.

Probably a month or so.
    Conveniently after the first raid tier, wonderful... 7.1 is the in-between patch before Nighthold.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWandchill View Post

Lol you're not forced to do LFR. Either you're in an abusive guild or you have very poor impulse control.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    It's always been a grind... this is just the first time it's interesting.
    No, it's not. It's just the same as always. Lipstick on a pig.

Again with the incorrect use of the word "forced..."