Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    This is one key thing that people don't understand when someone says they think Vanilla was great. There was just so much in Vanilla to experience and do, from professions, to making sure you got your mount by 40 etc.
    It's not surprising. It's easier to strawman and caricature a single point out of context, than to take into account the entirety of an argument.
    Also, so many people who rail against Vanilla have actually never played it and only parrots the one-liners that were thrown around during the Wrath arguments about accessibility...

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Wod was better
    Poor attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Luckx View Post
    Legion Lore writing is horrible indeed compare to WOTLK Lore which was way more epic. Quest mechanics are okay but quest Lore/Storylines is horrible. Expect few class specific quest lines.
    Dunno about the lore. In WotLK one lore moment that was truly epic was Wrathgate, it was really something. Drakuru questline was really good too. The rest was okay, tho some plotlines (Blue Dragonflight) kind of sucked.

Legion lore, at least for me, is elevated by Suramar. This place is just amazingly written. For once you are not in a black/white situation, you are helping refugees to survive and possibly start a rebellion. Suramar City itself is not an evil place when you walk through the streets, it has its own problems. Citizens are forced to live side by side with demons, strict regulations are mostly dictated by harsh times, and with every citizen being addicted to mana the situation is even more messed up. Even the "bad guy", Grand Magistrix, is not evil, she just made the only choice she could to save her people.

Deleted
    I doubt blizzard will ever be able to copy the disaster that was MoP - the writing and zone designs were beyond crap (Jade forrest was the only decent one). The only saving grace was the Purge of Dalaran questline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Poor attempt
    Garrison>order halls
    Daily quests>wq
    Tanaan>suramar
    Highmaul>Emerald nightmare

Deleted
    Vanilla > TBC > WotLK > MoP > CAT > WoD

Playing Legion pretty casually and not even at maxlevel. Leveling experience was always very good. Let's reconsider this again around christmas...

Deleted
    Too soon, but it's definitely my favorite after WotLK so far.

They have taken things that were baseline previously and stored them behind long winded/gated content to retrieve once more.

The RNG of loot is a bit ridiculous, I am all for an element of luck but come on. My friend recently joined back in the game, in his first few hc dungeons he has had multiple 850 ilvl items (we never had any) ... world boss we used tokens each and came away with a low amount of gold.

Our world map has had a constant stream of irrelevant artifact relics, meanwhile some people have perfect loot. The amount of useless world quests i have compared to my friends, and vice versa is a bit silly.

Suramar is just dull, cool concept with withered army however.
    Nothing but terrain climbing, questing, gated content and insanely pruned classes beyond belief (didn't play much wod/skipped mop) - as a hunter i'm wondering what they were smoking when they have overhauled the class.

Almost forgot to mention, PVP is entirely broken.

I'd give it a 5/10 thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Fair points, for some reason I hadn't taken the Titan/Warforged stuff into consideration when that was discussed. I can still target specific items that are best for me (Mastery and Crit) and trinkets with good effects, but you're right that I have no way of knowing if I'll get the "good" version or the "excellent" version. I'll agree that is rather unfun.
    It's not just the RNG thing. It's also about, as I said, the uniqueness of loot. As in, each item being a special case. You say it yourself : you target "mastery and crit" item. If I ask you their name, I bet you'll look puzzled and think "their name ? It's the stuff with stat X and Y on it, what name is it about ?". Gear has become completely without personality, it's just an extremely predictable formula that is replicated endlessly ("stamina + main stat + 2 random stat").

If you talk to a veteran, you just say "Don Julio band" and he probably remember the exact item, where it can be obtained and why he wanted it.
    If you talk about a precious trinket, you'll get a few "oh yeah I farmed Black Morass just to get the Hourglass of the Unraveler" or the lucky few who got their Drakefang Talisman in BWL. If you look "molten core mage trinket", you immediately get "Talisman of Ephemeral Power". It's unique, it's known, it's sought after. It's not a randomized piece of junk that only has its ilvl as value.
    To your second point, it may just be because I'm getting into D&D recently but I've not had an issue with the "Oh! Loot!" mechanic that the personal loot system has. It feels like I'm making a roll in order to find something that I would consider useful, if I fail the roll the thing may be there but I just missed it or something. But obviously that's just me and I can definitely see others not looking at it that way.
    Talking about D&D, I hate personal loot because it removes completely this aspect that gave a bit of authenticity (and forced at least an absolute minimal level of interaction between people) : everyone gathering around the corpse, to see what was in, and starting to think about the distribution. It certainly feels more natural than just having gear materializing in your bags.
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-09-21 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted

Question: How is the current system any different from TBC/Wrath style loot dropping where you could go into a dungeon 5-10 times and never see...I dunno a trinket drop? Nowadays rather than not seeing that trinket drop you either get something else, or you get nothing (or gold). The looting path has always been a gamble, you couldn't guarantee that trinket was going to drop from one instance to the next any more than you do now. It's just now it's on a personal level rather than a party/raid level. And honestly I'm ok with it, there was nothing worse than running a dungeon/raid and getting gear that would drop that you couldn't use (cloth drops and there are no clothies).
    Except now we have warforged and random terciary and random gem slot and titanforged and random legendary drop on top of it. Also, i didn't say i liked those systems. On TBC you could also buy gear through badges. So, yes, it was very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok my 2 cents

Classic > Legion (first impression) > TBC / CATA pre-nerf >>> WotLK / WoD >>> CATA post-nerf did not play MoP

Legion has me more engaged in the open world then TBC ever hooked me back then. And i played ALLOT back then.
    I will always prefer the TBC raid model to the one we have today. But looking just from how much content came with Legion out of the bos. I am simply impressed
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    It's not just the RNG thing. It's also about, as I said, the uniqueness of loot. As in, each item being a special case. You say it yourself : you target "mastery and crit" item. If I ask you their name, I bet you'll look puzzled and think "their name ? It's the stuff with stat X and Y on it, what name is it about ?". Gear has become completely without personality, it's just an extremely predictable formula that is replicated endlessly ("stamina + main stat + 2 random stat").

If you talk to a veteran, you just say "Don Julio band" and he probably remember the exact item, where it can be obtained and why he wanted it.
    If you talk about a precious trinket, you'll get a few "oh yeah I farmed Black Morass just to get the Hourglass of the Unraveler" or the lucky few who got their Drakefang Talisman in BWL. If you look "molten core mage trinket", you immediately get "Talisman of Ephemeral Power". It's unique, it's known, it's sought after. It's not a randomized piece of junk that only has its ilvl as value.

Talking about D&D, I hate personal loot because it removes completely this aspect that gave a bit of authenticity (and forced at least an absolute minimal level of interaction between people) : everyone gathering around the corpse, to see what was in, and starting to think about the distribution. It certainly feels more natural than just having gear materializing in your bags.
    I still feel a sense of uniqueness personally. Gear has some aspect of being randomized SOME of the time. But I can also target things I want. I've been running Maw of Souls constantly trying to get a specific trinket (http://www.wowhead.com/item=133645/n...=1826#comments) because of the proc effect. It's really nice and works well with my healing. I know the last boss of Arcway has quite a few nice things I want including the mini-set bracers and and Ivanyr has an interesting ring that has an on-use effect I would love to have (5% more healing for 12 seconds). I'll admit that except for the ring (apparently you gnaw on it for the on use effect so - Gnawed Thumb ring, easy) I don't know the names of the items. I'm already looking at the Emerald Nightmare stuff I want at this point.

The WQs that give you random stats, yeah...that part I could care less about. But the dungeons/raids still hold unique items that I look for as I gear up. There are still unique things out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Except now we have warforged and random terciary and random gem slot and titanforged and random legendary drop on top of it. Also, i didn't say i liked those systems. On TBC you could also buy gear through badges. So, yes, it was very different.
    I already acknowledged I forgot about that stuff. I dunno how considering I got a warforged 855 out of my Mythic+ last night...

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Garrison>order halls
    Daily quests>wq
    Tanaan>suramar
    It's official. Today is opposite-day!

Too early to say... from my personal experience I'm having fun... and that's all that really matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    It's official. Today is opposite-day!
    Hmm... i can agree with the first one. I always thought people hated on garissons for no reason. If we have had garrisons + world quests with AP, no one would be complaining about staying on their garrisons all day.

This I will just disagree with, I played WoD for all of 2-3 weeks before going "Wow...I haven't left my Garrison in days. This is really boring.". With Legion I'm out in a different zone each day, running dungeons, now running Mythic+ dungeons (I'm up to +5!) and soon raids, etc etc. It's been much more enjoyable than WoD for me. It helps that I actually care about what is going on too rather than "Alternate Dimension Timey Wimey Stuff".
    Are you doing that on more than one toon? I can't bring myself to go back out to any of the zones that I've already clea... wait, that's all the zones. Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrison>order halls
    Daily quests>wq
    Tanaan>suramar
    Yes
    No
    YES, Suramar is so... ugly looking and annoying. I almost uninstalled yesterday running around that stupid ass city.
    Not sure yet
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Best WOW expansions was TBC and WOTLK its clear from 11-12mills subscribers numbers.
    So McDonald's is better then a 4-star restaurant? After all, it has waaaaaaay more customers

People said the same about WoD and it turned out to be extremely boring. People were claiming that garissons were awesome, yeah right. It was also seriously lacking in content, obviously. Unless you were a raider then it was probably awesome.

I just can't take these reviews or opinions seriously anymore. Everyone and their mothers dog do reviews these days.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2016-09-21 at 01:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So McDonald's is better then a 4-star restaurant? After all, it has waaaaaaay more customers
    The problem with your argument is that TBC and WOTLK are 4 star restaurants with McDonalds costumers. So...

Best WOW expansions was TBC and WOTLK its clear from 11-12mills subscribers numbers.
    Best food in the world -> McDonalds