Resto stat priority

I cant seem to find any consensus on the correct stat priority/weights for resto

For example, Noxxic suggests:
    Intellect > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Versatility

However, Ask Mr Robot is very different, undervaluing mastery and making versatility more important:
    Intellect > Critical Strike > Versatility > Haste > Mastery > Leech

Having never really done PVE (I've mainly PVP'd since season 2), Im not really sure how to find the best stat priority for dragon slaying. Which of the above should I trust? Or are they different priorities for different situations (gear levels?)?

I mean it's really what you want, but it's pretty well accepted here and in the discord that Mastery is by far our best stat. But this is only true for progression, once you have things on farm and they become easier mastery loses most of it's value as everyone sits at higher HP then during progression.

I personally go for Mastery > Crit >= Haste > Versa but ymmv.

Deleted
    Mastery/crit = mana safe.... mastery/haste = chain heals(AOE healing) mana greedy

Im now at 130% mastery feels like im overdoing it cap should be around 100% than haste or crit...look above you will have to find balance with hate/crit .. with raiding how you finish bosses with high mana or low... mana high go for haste... mana low go for crit
    Last edited by mmoce043f44c28; 2016-09-21 at 01:45 PM.

Mana returns from crit are small, I wouldn't take them into real consideration, unless you do bleeding edge progression in which you expect to finish fights on 0 mana. Even then it's questionable, but at least that's some justification.

Crit as a throughput stat is not horrible though. Feel free to correct me, but last time I did the math on this, crit outpaces mastery when you heal targets at above ~65% of health, while below mastery rules. So it depends on your heal team composition. If you have a HoT class in the team, then you don't need to focus on targets above 65%, hence crit is devalued. If not, then crit can be useful. Also, crit is an RNG stat which can be a legitimate concern (not always, but a possibility).
    Haste is overall a very strong throughput stat, which in numbers should outpace crit and mastery (maybe except low health). Furthermore haste is really good for riptide and healing rain (also for hst and htt, but their gcd is already at 1sec). The biggest issue with haste is of course that the increased throughput comes at the cost of increased mana consumption, so it's not really a stat if you're new to the spec.

Basically, except vers which is inferior, all stats can be viable depending on your approach to healing. If you're healing progression and new to the spec, then likely mastery>crit should work for you, if you feel confident with the spec try mastery>haste (it definitely has higher potential than the former). If you want to be an all around healer then maybe crit>haste will work (but it sort of ends up being jack of all trades, master of none). And if you want to be a pure cd throughput healer then you should probably go mastery~>haste.

@Nem2k I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. We like to test out most of the 'accepted' theories to see why they make sense, and why they sometimes don't.

Here's a quote from Swol, our theorycrafter, who does a lot of work on healing:

Versatility is a much better stat in Legion than it was in WoD.

If you aren't healing low health targets, versatility will give you more healing than mastery. What I want to do is calculate some cutoffs where Mastery becomes better than Versatility for different spells to help people decide what stats will be best for them. I know for sure that targets need to be below 75% health. From what I'm seeing, it looks like targets will need to be below about 60-65% health for Mastery to be better than Versatility.
    So stay tuned as we do more theorycraft on that and share results. Our simulator does a pretty nice job simming for healing throughput right now if you want to run some tests on your own.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

7+ Year Old Account
    Stat priorities vary. I would recommend you checking out the google docs in >>this<< thread and read the posts by @Koor and @Gardiff as to what they mean.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom