Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    No since there are not always a tank, a healer and 3 dd available. Then you pick a random and get screwed over. This system needs to be changed.
    Or you just find reliable people to run with. System isn't flawed it's the people that use it.

Yep. Way too many puggers got their hopes up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    IMO, you must have a static group of vape nation class people to progress in mythic+

You're not going to have a good time pug'ing with a bunch of wankers that ragequit after a wipe... sure you lose some minutes off the clock, but you don't TOTALLY lose the dungeon on just one wipe.. unless you're past mythic 5.. then yeah, you probably lose the match if you full wipe and don't have a rez ballsdeep in the dungeon+walkback

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Yep. Way too many puggers got their hopes up.
    I think a lot of people with ilvl 830 have their hopes up when they should be going for mythics before just running one mythic and going STRAIGHT into M+ first, and I've heard these horror stories after just ONE DAY lol

Deleted
    wait so you're telling me if you fail the timer, you are still obligated to finish the run or you permanently lose the 2 pieces of loot in any future runs?

and that the restrictions on inviting is still there even if you fucking fail the timer anyway which defeats the purpose of the mythic+ run so if someone dc's ,rages or quits you are 100% screwed over?

ahahah that's rich! let's put even harsher restrictions than mythic mode raiding on some crappy diablo minigame that awards bottom of the barrel crap gear outside of the weekly reward!

I've only had good experiences in pugs. Maybe I'm lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    This system needs to be changed.
    And what change would you propose that still somewhat reflects how it's currently intended to be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Easy fix: Only get loot if you hit the target time. No such thing as a depleted keystone.
    Well but they obviously didn't intent for you to have unlimited shots at meeting the time so not sure in what way that's a "fix".

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    half or more of that "infinity" will be lootless depleted runs which noone will want to run
    i did some mythic + last night and my personal feeling about them is : a lot of people will be very very unhappy and disspointed with them - the chalenge to reward ratio is quite bad in there - it might be good for very experienced mythic raiders but 90 % of playerbase will be very disspointed and wont progress much in there without gear from HC EM - my main thought is the timers for lower levels of mythic + should be more forgiving for it to make sense it droping that level of loot - atm it will be much more efficient for weaker players to ignore mythic + and just spam all mythic 0 then normal and hc EM -

must say it was quite disspointing when last night we got better rewards from mythic 0 which we did first due to loot proccing to 850- 870 then from mythic + 2 where we got 2 845 pieces with quite bad itemization -_- the rng will be nightmare in there

Easy fix: Only get loot if you hit the target time. No such thing as a depleted keystone.
    with the timers they put in there the only ones not hiting them very early will be geared experienced mythic raiders - normal casual players you know those baddies who do 120k dps with 840 itlv will need bis group comps and 860 itlv to make early timers -_-

and i dont really see a lot of them runing one dungeon for few hours to energize depleted keystone when they could just do something more effective like do mythic 0 and hope for lucky proc on gear
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-22 at 06:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airblade View Post
    I've done 2 Mythic+ Level2 and we finished them with a pug tank. The issue my group was having was that the tanks had sticks up their asses and were trash talking anytime something went even slightly wrong. The 2 level 2 mythics we had were Vault of the Wardens and Neltharion's Lair.

However the 2 Mythic+ Level4s that we tried, Darkheart and Halls of Valor, never even finished. In Darkheart the tank refused to allow any type of CC and would chain pull mobs. Keep in mind that on level 4 they have bolster which ramps up damage and health of nearby mobs when you kill one. We killed the tree boss in Nelth's lair and the tank rushed through the bloods, pulled multiple whelps, and kept AOEing them down (it was a pally tank so I understand its hard to not AOE) resulting in the water elemental having literally 13 Bolster buffs on it. I asked that tank if they'd done the place on mythic because they literally charged through everything. That tank then refused to do anything more because I am a "bad rogue". Not to mention the multiple wipes we had because the tank kept intentionally breaking sap on the cat mobs (the ones that jump on the healers and 2 shot them).

Halls of Valor never even went passed the 2nd trash pack. The tank pulled all 5 mobs at the same time and promptly died due to the sheer amount of damage it was taking. I again said give me a sec to sap so we can pull these a bit easier and keep the deadlier mobs till the end and I was met with "you dont need CC noob". This tank then linked their normal mythic achievement. They then promptly left the group.

TL;DR - bad pug tanks ruined 2 Mythic Level 4 keystone runs ><
    man, on one side, i kinda feel ya, bad tanks are the worst. but hearing that you finally have to CC again makes me really hyped for M+ ^^ i was really hoping for some challenging and rewarding 5mans. cata and bc was the best. i hope they bump up the difficulty in kara aswell, making it kinda like a "5man raid"

Casuals who keep trying to play the game though lfg is fucking hilarious.
    mmmmmuh subscription!
    Join a guild, get relevant or get out.

Yup, this would be a fix. If you want a new one, go any mythic and you get a new starter stone. Or you can replenish a failed stone for 1000g for each level. So if you want to replenish a +2 stone you need to pay 2k, a +5 stone is 5k and so on. If you don't want to pay that, you can throw it away and start over with +1.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-09-22 at 09:20 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by rrjstudio View Post
    To many salty emo pve kids who are so toxic that they can't bare to finish a mythic and they leave and destroy a whole group. anyone else had experience with this? just broke level 4 keystone because healer decided its okay to leave on trash because of 1 wipe in arcway after 15 minutes.. what the fuck is this community in pve it's so trashy the attitudes the elitism is mind boggling and disgusting. This guy linked curves for heroic as best achies before we went in and he has the balls to think hes pro
    what do you mean by breaking a keystone? cant you try again after you fail?

I've only done pugs. I've had no bad experiences. I somewhat vet the people I invite, but that's just common practice for end-game content in any game. I'm a tank and I've done up to level 4, about 8 runs in total Bolstering Nelth sucks ass btw. Only had one wipe and we planned that wipe ahead of time. Vet the people you invite. A community blacklist wouldn't go amiss, either.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-09-22 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Did a mythic +2 with two randoms yesterday, one was a ilvl 847 warrior, he did around 150-160k dps ST which is fine, except he kept getting hit by a lot of mechanics - which also would be fine, if the other random wasn't a ilvl 842 mage that did 70k dps ST and got hit by EVERYTHING. Safe to say we didn't hit the timer, our tank got annoyed, called out the mage and quit (this was fairly late last night), the mage then says "lol get a life noob" and quit aswell.

I don't doubt you can PUG quite a bit in mythic+ with some what decent players, but you can also as easy fail depending on who the randoms you get are.

Sidnote, my keystone is now depleted, prolly gonna ignore it and use one of my groups. Say we get to mythic+6 or whatever, I'll get +6 rewards in my class hall chest after the week is over yes? Or do I have to have my keystone operational?

You can easily find ''hardcore'' pug grps in the premade grp finder. Also alot of grps are running with like 4+ guildies and might aswell use some voice comp, but its alot easier to find good grps if you can heal or tank. And since the item lvl keep increasing its getting harder and harder to find a grp, specially as a dps since alot of dps's already are like 855+ ilvl, and alot of people only look at the ilvl when inviting ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Trying to play this game without a few friends is an exercise in futility. If you do plan to play the game solo and with some PuGs, keep your expectations low (and play other games as well cause WoW cannot possibly entertain you as a solo player for even a quarter of the time it can entertain a group of friends (5+)
    Agreed entirely. WoW has to be played with friends/guild otherwise it's a pretty horrible gaming experience.

No PUG wants to run a mythic + on a depleted keystone. They should at least give you the option to recharge it based on resources or gold and maybe set the limit to once per week that you can use that method. The fact people can just come in start it and then leave without any real punishment while fucking over the guy with the key is pretty harsh. There's no way I'm going to ever run a m+ with my key

Quote Originally Posted by Heretias View Post
    man, on one side, i kinda feel ya, bad tanks are the worst. but hearing that you finally have to CC again makes me really hyped for M+ ^^ i was really hoping for some challenging and rewarding 5mans. cata and bc was the best. i hope they bump up the difficulty in kara aswell, making it kinda like a "5man raid"
    You can't really CC, or at least you still need to chain pull with occasionally leaving a mob CC'd until most of the rest are dead. The timers are too tight unless you overgear the content or are amazing.

I was really hoping for a return to Cata/BC heroics, my absolute favorite content the game has ever had (that and Karazhan), and step away from "chain pull the entire instance, if you stop for 10 seconds you're a noob and you deserve to fail," but the timers won't allow it.

I swear when they were describing the system a week or two ago in a blue post they said the timers would be very forgiving on lower levels, like 4 hours or something, and get shorter at higher levels but I guess I must have just imagined that.

We did Maw and Halls last night on level 2, missed both timers.

Halls had 45 minutes for a lot of bosses and trash (not to mention Odyn roleplaying foreeeeeeeever before you could engage him) and we wiped on Hyrja once, resulting in missing the timer by 3 minutes.

Maw was a 25 minute timer, and we would have beat it if our healer hadn't crashed on the end boss (good luck with these if anyone in the party every DC's or crashes btw...). But he did, so we had to fight her twice, ending up at 26.5 minutes.

I'm really sad that the difficulty here (same as Diablo 3 now) is entirely based on rushing like a madman rather than actually making mechanics harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Answermancer View Post
    You can't really CC.. *snip*
    What ilvl was your group? I beat maw on level 5 last night by over 6 minutes with an avg of 845

Deleted
    O trouble so far, luckily. Don't have a guild, I've been looking unsuccessfully since hfc. No, guilds that still progress on hc 8 months after release are not what I'll join.