Thread: StM Uptimes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BradySafety View Post
    A relic of dispersion reduces the CD by 10 seconds. If you use dispersion at 0 seconds then again on CD at 80 seconds... I'm not sure how you would fit another use in.
    The idea is to use dispersion after void torrent so third void torrent comes up earlier. I never said anything about a third dispersion. Having said that, I believe it might also be possible without the relic, just probably going to be a bit unreliable in a raid setting.

Edit: Definitely possible. Got it on first try.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-22 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Code:
    Time: 129.14 seconds (Voidform Duration according to Surrender to Madness Info, 100 + 26 stacks)
    Ilvl: 847
    Haste: 10,099
    Crit: 6,784
    Mastery: 686
    Versatility: 0
    Had to heal today so that's my duration when testing at the target dummies (purely single target though, might get a few more seconds by having dots up on another target) at argent tournament without any buffs, food, etc..
    I can barely get to 100 seconds with 11,218 haste (35%, plus Chronoshard) and 4,237 crit (18%), but most people I see with high uptime like yours have a way higher crit compared to mine.
    Is stacking haste not as good as guides say? Should I aim for a certain crit breakpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Saispai View Post
    I can barely get to 100 seconds with 11,218 haste (35%, plus Chronoshard) and 4,237 crit (18%), but most people I see with high uptime like yours have a way higher crit compared to mine.
    Is stacking haste not as good as guides say? Should I aim for a certain crit breakpoint?
    Well, you're just having worse stats in general. My combined haste + crit is almost 17k whereas yours is just below 15.5k. Haste is a priority but haste/versa and haste/mastery pieces are oftentimes worse than haste/crit ones even if the latter is lower ilevel and/or has lower haste.

My gear is also far from optimal. I could easily get another few hundred haste at same crit if the crafted head/neck had ever been in the auction house.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-09-22 at 02:23 PM.

Did some heroic stuff, definitely finding the sweet spot for StM

Code:
    Time: 112s
    Ilvl: 849
    Haste: 31.18%
    Crit: 24.22%
    Mastery: 28.12%
    Versatility: 0%
    Did this on The Dragons. I think I could have pushed to my 3rd Vtor, but the boss died :/

100, for 10 minutes.

My secret, that Swirling vial of Shadows off the daily...

Is there any way to multidot on dragons? because we play them with 2 camps spread out really far from eath other.. no way to reach the other boss for me and i have a hard time to keep up voidform when tanks swap dragons..

Quote Originally Posted by chumii View Post
    Is there any way to multidot on dragons? because we play them with 2 camps spread out really far from eath other.. no way to reach the other boss for me and i have a hard time to keep up voidform when tanks swap dragons..
    I've been able to run quickly into range to void bolt them then run back out. It seems that at the very edge of the range you don't actually get hit with it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by chumii View Post
    Not really a safe way to do it but you can do what britishbubba suggested. I honestly just treat it as a ST fight and make sure the dragon that's being moved has a fresh set of dots before they go out of range.

Also I think I've hit my max potential for my gear, 106s was the best I could get last night. We'll see next week.

Yeah, and a note on dragons. On mythic the range for the debuff is going to be 60 yards so dotting all the dragons 100% of the time is going to be nonviable I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Not really a safe way to do it but you can do what britishbubba suggested. I honestly just treat it as a ST fight and make sure the dragon that's being moved has a fresh set of dots before they go out of range.

Also I think I've hit my max potential for my gear, 106s was the best I could get last night. We'll see next week.
    Treating it as a ST fight on normal and heroic is a massive DPS loss considering all the dragons share health with one another. There is very little risk involved with keeping up dots on both dragons on normal and heroic, and not doing so to play safe is just the wrong thing to do. Especially if you take into account Surrender to Madness and Mass Hysteria, and how that ramps up our damage to insane amounts near the end of the fight, with two sets of dots ticking for the entire duration of Surrender to Madness.

Oh, and you can survive for much longer than that with your gear. You definitely haven't hit your 'max potential'.

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    Treating it as a ST fight on normal and heroic is a massive DPS loss considering all the dragons share health with one another. There is very little risk involved with keeping up dots on both dragons on normal and heroic, and not doing so to play safe is just the wrong thing to do. Especially if you take into account Surrender to Madness and Mass Hysteria, and how that ramps up our damage to insane amounts near the end of the fight, with two sets of dots ticking for the entire duration of Surrender to Madness.

Oh, and you can survive for much longer than that with your gear. You definitely haven't hit your 'max potential'.
    Well if you can get away with it sure. For me I have to run quite a distance to do it and I'm also on mass dispel roots duty.

I'll try to mess with stm more in some pugs then. I just couldn't beat the drain any longer. Might save pi for there as it'll help. Latency also may be an issue as well

- - - Updated - - -

After looking through my logs again, i actually misread my StM duration.

My last voidform on Xavius was 126s long. I think i can squeeze some more out of it if I hold PI until later.

After looking through my logs again, i actually misread my StM duration.

My last voidform on Xavius was 126s long. I think i can squeeze some more out of it if I hold PI until later.
    I'm looking at your normal and heroic Xavius logs, I don't see any 126 second Voidform in there. Do you have a private log?

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    I'm looking at your normal and heroic Xavius logs, I don't see any 126 second Voidform in there. Do you have a private log?
    Nope, showing a 126 VF right here: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...46&end=8728136
    Nvm, for some reason WCL keeps the VF stacks after you die. Weird.

So I started playing Spriest about a week ago, my guild asked me to main swap. (ignoring the impending nerfs as i may be asked to go back to my old main) However I'm struggling once i hit the 70-80 stack range during StM. I think I *may* be mind flaying too much. Is there a point where it just becomes void bolt spam? A lot of times I feel like casting a Mind Blast just flat out kills me at the higher stack counts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinisterxd View Post
    So I started playing Spriest about a week ago, my guild asked me to main swap. (ignoring the impending nerfs as i may be asked to go back to my old main) However I'm struggling once i hit the 70-80 stack range during StM. I think I *may* be mind flaying too much. Is there a point where it just becomes void bolt spam? A lot of times I feel like casting a Mind Blast just flat out kills me at the higher stack counts.
    I have the same issue , when I get to 70-80 stacks I get to struggle big time . I have a few questions if anyone can be bothered to answer . I have read almost everything I can and and it seems that the way to open with StM is Dot's on Target --> Eruption --> MB --> Filler --> VB --> Dispersion (until nerf comes live) --> VT + PI . My question are the following

1) Do we still use PI so early if we have Blood lust also ?
    2) Why do we use PI so early and not holding until the drain becomes worse (say on 60 - 70 stacks ) ?
    3) Is there a haste threshold that below it 100 stacks are not reachable ?
    4) Is PI better that Mindbender because it's a DPS gain or is it better for StM also (gives more insanity back ) ?

I thought StM was a great and challenging idea but I find that it needs far to many things to go right to make it fun... And now with the nerf incoming ....

Have chronos shard.

Training dummies with PI(no SWD)
    Code:
    Time: 86s
    Ilvl: 851
    Haste: 27.72%
    Crit: 21.85%
    Mastery: 43.59%
    Boss, execute range, single dispersion, double torrent (Mindbender/SWD)
    Rough stats, cant remember them exactly.
    Code:
    Time: 106s
    Ilvl: 851
    Haste: 29%
    Crit: 24%
    Mastery: 37%
    Last edited by tiptopmemer; 2016-09-26 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartmed View Post
    I have the same issue , when I get to 70-80 stacks I get to struggle big time . I have a few questions if anyone can be bothered to answer . I have read almost everything I can and and it seems that the way to open with StM is Dot's on Target --> Eruption --> MB --> Filler --> VB --> Dispersion (until nerf comes live) --> VT + PI . My question are the following

1) Do we still use PI so early if we have Blood lust also ?
    2) Why do we use PI so early and not holding until the drain becomes worse (say on 60 - 70 stacks ) ?
    3) Is there a haste threshold that below it 100 stacks are not reachable ?
    4) Is PI better that Mindbender because it's a DPS gain or is it better for StM also (gives more insanity back ) ?

I thought StM was a great and challenging idea but I find that it needs far to many things to go right to make it fun... And now with the nerf incoming ....
    To answer your questions:

1) More Haste = good. There doesn't exist a raid fight in the game that lasts 2 minutes, so you won't be popping StM on the pull.
    2) You do hold it until the drain becomes worse, you pop it at 10+ stacks of non-StM voidforms.
    3) Honestly don't know, doubtful.
    4)PI is better because of the haste and increases insanity generation. This also gives you more chance for SA and even more insanity. Mindbender just can't keep up with that atm, maybe if it had a 20 second duration like it use too /shrug.

Deleted
    To answer your questions:

1) More Haste = good. There doesn't exist a raid fight in the game that lasts 2 minutes, so you won't be popping StM on the pull.
    2) You do hold it until the drain becomes worse, you pop it at 10+ stacks of non-StM voidforms.
    3) Honestly don't know, doubtful.
    4)PI is better because of the haste and increases insanity generation. This also gives you more chance for SA and even more insanity. Mindbender just can't keep up with that atm, maybe if it had a 20 second duration like it use too /shrug.
    Thank you for your answers, allow me some more questions, inside StM do you pop PI at 60 stacks or at the beginning , as for the bl stacking there are fights that it is not not used on pull , like xavious last phase (for my guild at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Dartmed View Post
    Thank you for your answers, allow me some more questions, inside StM do you pop PI at 60 stacks or at the beginning , as for the bl stacking there are fights that it is not not used on pull , like xavious last phase (for my guild at least).
    I pop it later into my voidform, for me it's ~77 stacks with the nerfs, before the nerfs it's ~92 stacks.
    For xavius in particular you want to hold onto PI until the first dream, however after that 95% you can pop it later into VF if you're in the dream with StM, or pop it 10+ stacks if you aren't in the dream. It'll be back up for the 65% dream.

Deleted
    After the change to dispersion, is it still realistic to be fitting a third Void Torrent into our stm? I seem to be a good 10-15 seconds off achieving mine.