Thread: YouTube Heroes

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you essentially work for Youtube but don't get paid, and your rewards are 'perks' that make your job working for Youtube easier?

??????

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    So you essentially work for Youtube but don't get paid, and your rewards are 'perks' that make your job working for Youtube easier?

??????
    ....Yeeeah. I just watched a Game Grumps episode where they talked about it. Ross had much better ideas. If they legitimately hire people, and pay them, to effectively moderate Youtube, it could be a good thing. The potential for bias is way too great as well, and if these people have the power to flag Youtube channels, effectively stopping their paycheck, then they should not be taken lightly and shouldn't be randoms from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    The right-wing nutjobs will have to band together and start a new website to host their hate speech.

It's going to get interesting.
    Are you that fucking ideological in your insanity that you don't see that literally everybody across the platform except for (Drum roll please....) the Fine Bros see the obvious problems with this system? Including Pewdiepie, literally the most popular person on their website.

I know its hard for YOU, but for just a single second could you actually take off your insane regressive left glasses to see the retardation of this move.

So pathetic that you're unable to put your retarded ideological nonsense aside for even a single second to see bad idea this for what it obviously is.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-09-25 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    #3 Can't blame YouTube for videos taken down by YouTube Heroes. So far YouTube gets a lot of negative feedback for the things they do to their content creators.
    From whom?

Deleted
    Since he was mentioned, and I had been waiting for this myself, here's Poopiepies response to this:

10+ Year Old Account
    So youtube "heroes" are not people who speak out against corruption, against problems with modern society and the the faults in the system, they're not people who break the waters surface by saying what others are to afraid to say. They are simply people who conform exactly to YouTube's standards and don't think outside that box.

How Orwellian of them.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Did you really just use Pewdiepie for an appeal ad verecundiam?

... You should go wash yourself.
    No, I'm good, thanks.

Please pretend that literally every Youtuber but the lulzworthy Fine Bros aren't coming out against this for the obvious sham that it is.

Continue to pretend that quite literally everybody except one lulzworthy channel, that has historically defended anti-free speech moves by Youtube, is against this. Stop googling ridiculous "gotcha" fallacy nonsense and grow up.

Or, better yet, do whatever you want. Such a level of retarded response like this warrants an ignore.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-09-25 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    What's funny is that supposedly YouTube has moderators who moderate these "moderators", but...clearly Google doesn't want to pay anyone's salary, so of course they don't. This means, you can, for example, go put in wrong subtitles to any videos without any repercussions whatsoever.

We've already have a case of a person getting mass flagged for not having captions on his video now, something something insensitive to hearing impaired people.

Utter insanity, and so are anyone who defends this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    In a world where some jackass can think it's a good idea to post a video she took of herself screaming harassment and sexual assault at a guy who told her his name was "Hugh Mungus," you can get fucked if you think "right-wing nutjobs" and "hate speech" are the only things that could be effected by something like this.
    Don't bother with Espe, his posts on any topic always have to lead back to "hurr durr the right-wing nutjobs and the mra goobergators are ebil lol."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I had more time, I would grind my way up to Level 4 just to ask the YouTube staff directly what the actual fuck they are doing with their website Somebody else wanna do that for me? Unpaid of course.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    I find that your behavior is quite extreme and over the top. Your replies fit with every 'TRIGGERED'-gif ever made.

Take a chill pill, it was (mostly) a joke.

I'm also not ignoring anything, I'm mostly against this Youtube Heroes nonsense, but still using Pewdiepie as an appeal to authority, as if it means anything, is absolutely hilarious.
    So you are being contrarian why?

Pewd's is basically the highest or one of the most subscribed channels on the site. I think his opinion is relevant for that reason alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    If I had more time, I would grind my way up to Level 4 just to ask the YouTube staff directly what the actual fuck they are doing with their website Somebody else wanna do that for me? Unpaid of course.
    That is the issue, without payment you are only going to get the most dedicated Sperglords to really aggressively do this. Think of Ryulong, the guy who basically unpaid (As far as we know) dedicated the equivalent of a full time job to camping and editing wikipedia articles about GamerGate for months and to some extent still pours most of his daily life into carefully curating such articles an various wiki's that still allow him to.

Only the most obscenely dedicated, I.E. Partisan, will go into it too deeply, but for them? It will be a full time job stamping out wrong think on Youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post

That is the issue, without payment you are only going to get the most dedicated Sperglords to really aggressively do this. Think of Ryulong, the guy who basically unpaid (As far as we know) dedicated the equivalent of a full time job to camping and editing wikipedia articles about GamerGate for months and to some extent still pours most of his daily life into carefully curating such articles an various wiki's that still allow him to.

He's still doing this btw, going around on fandom wiki's trying to edit japanese, he essentially pretending he knows better than anyone else and he get's completely trashed for it.

Even japanese people themself have called him out on it and politely telling him to piss right off.

this is him trying to butt in on japanese wikipedia.

https://twitter.com/mombot/status/779214094721093632
    https://twitter.com/AntisocialJW2/st...24582920654848

But yeah you're right, this is the exact same kind of mouthbreathing idiots and feminists who want to control and shut down wrong think "youtube heroes" will breed.

Then again.

It's not all that surprising they would push dumb shit like this.

Deleted
    Jesus Christ this must be Djalil and Kangodo's heaven. I can already see them, with a big smile on their face, writing reports to youtube and flagging every video out there that is not cucked enough.

Youtube is going reddit soon enough. Wtf is going on with the internet.

This is easily one of the worst ideas I've ever seen, and I've had access to the internet for many years, so that's saying alot. The degree to which this system can be abused(despite any claim they make to the contrary) is earth shattering. Youtube would be devoid of videos before they have enough time to check completely through each video themselves to make the sure the flag claim is valid. Not to mention jerks just deleting peoples comments because they find it amusing. Sure, it could turn out fine, and maybe everyone's overreacting. But i really doubt much good will come of this idea at all. People now have anonymity AND power. That is just asking for disaster.

Deleted
    I have to hand it to Google. They may just have stumbled upon something on which almost every single internet user agrees, which has to be a feat of some kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    From whom?
    Mostly the content creators, as they'll make videos pointing out their actions. You know, like this.

Or this.

And this.

But these are channels that YouTube would also like to see go away, cause they don't sit well with advertisers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Youtube Blockleiter should be the more correct name for this program.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    He's still doing this btw, going around on fandom wiki's trying to edit japanese, he essentially pretending he knows better than anyone else and he get's completely trashed for it...
    Aren't you doing the same thing as him? Unpaid, but on a forum.