How did it go healing as Holy on Raids for you guys?

as the disc post goes, how did you feel about encounters on bosses as a Holy Priest?

Myself struggled to be with the other healers, I did the mistake going for left side first for Light of tuure, now after i chose blessing of tuure im building upwards from Renew and reverence.

i did between 100-140k healing on fights on first boss and the Heart illgoth.

Deleted
    Absolutely fine for me. Felt a bit useless on Il'gynoth but was still competitive.

It felt quite fine. I usually did better than the others even with comparatively worse gear. I even ranked on Ursoc heroic (world 1st holy priest, world 6th healer overall initially, now fallen to 2nd/14th).
    Last edited by lrp; 2016-09-22 at 02:14 PM.

The Resto Druid and I both agreed: we felt useless on Il'gynoth. We have 2 Pally's that were spamming instant casts. So while that is accounted for on WarcraftLogs, it's not like it really hurt our raid for them to do so.

Some pulls I was far ahead of the other healers, some a little bit behind; really seemed to rely a lot on lucky procs, but coming out of Beta I anticipated this. It was a fun little mini-game trying to beat our Resto Druid on every fight, but the Shaman surprised us every now and then.

Holy has a place in a raid so long as the player behind the keyboard is competent.

Still getting used to poh/fh divides and trying to predict effective sanctifies on spread fights.
    Feel like Tol is always worth it.
    Don't know how people play without feathers.

Felt like H Ursoc was tailor made for Holy Priests. Normal bosses so far too easy to have any conclusions...lots of overhealing and managed to hit a 99% DPS rank on Il'gynoth spamming Holy Nova on the bloods when there was nothing to heal.

So far so good. Miss the mobility of my druid, but from a healing standpoint, I'm feeling pretty decent with our toolkit. We're not likely to be the top HPS on a majority of fights, but we feel useful, esp when the turds hit the turbine.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild wasn't supposed to raid until this weekend but people kept popping into the help the guild group that was going last night, so we went in and did the first two bosses on normal.

I was holy priest, with another holy priest, a resto druid, a resto shaman, and a mistweaver monk. For 17 people. In short, we kind of had too many healers IMO.

Did great on the first boss, was first in healing...also felt like there really wasn't all that much to heal. Second boss I was slightly behind the resto druid, but all of the healers were pretty much OOM by the time it died. Not sure if that was because we had too many healers and not enough dps or because the DPS we did have weren't geared enough.

I'm enjoying holy priest right now but I might level my holy paladin too since they seem like they're doing SO WELL right now.

That might be my problem then if you guys felt useless on illgoth. We did it after first boss on hc so. I did fine on the first one. Hopefully il get some points on my 2 points on renew and reverence (heal. Flash heal)

Out of curiosoty. What talents do you guys change on bosses? I normaly go for 15% heal after holy word but it seemed halo was better for first boss.
    Last edited by psychedelica; 2016-09-22 at 02:38 PM.

My guild has heroic Nythendra and Ursoc down. Nythendra was pretty rough on me, but Ursoc is a dream oh my god it was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Ugh. Just not good personally.

I attribute it 95% to me actually needing to do the right thing. We did 7/7 normal and overhealed it like crazy so that was a zzzfest. Then we did Nythendra on heroic and attempted Ursoc (bit of a mistake, we're going a different direction tonight).

Heroic Nythendra was awful as Holy. There's so much movement and I have so few readily available instant casts that I feel useless on the move with rot. If I can't stop long enough to get off some heals to reduce my CDs on Holy Words I feel so gimped. I died way too much because I was trying to heal and move out for rot and that's completely on me. I just need to do that better. Surviving is was more important and I need to work on focusing on getting out and staying alive while I'm out. It was goddamn embarrassing but it was my own fault. Our last pull where we killed her was smooth as hell and I lived. I took Divinity for that fight, but I feel like Halo might be better.

For Ursoc, we were rushed because we were at the end of the night and had 15 minutes left, but I felt that fight was made for me and I struggled there too. I looked at my logs and felt like I was just prioritizing ALL the wrong heals. I heal with a Rdruid, Rshaman, Hpal and MW Monk and I kinda feel that 5 healers is too many even for 25 - 26 people but I should have AT LEAST held my own and I was disappointed I didn't.

I definitely need to adjust for sure. I don't think there's anything wrong with Holy, I think I just didn't play well last night at all and am looking forward to doing better tonight.

6/7 HC in Split Raids right now.

Holy feels good and plays fine, healers seems to be good balanced right now, with a slightly ahead holy paladin so far (best gear also).
    Ursoc is a pretty cool fight for us holy priests, it just plays very smooth, best encounter so far for me.
    Cenarius is also fine if u coordinate enough with ur group, landing a worthy serenity is a bit harder overall.

Holy seems to be in a good state, we will see in mythics next week!
    Last edited by Nokami; 2016-09-22 at 10:49 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how I feel about Holy right now. I mean, numbers seem fine, but I didn't expect Flash Heal to be my number one heal by a wide margin - with mastery being slightly behind. Serenity is a decent panic heal, but Sanctify doesn't seem all that impressive. Even on encounters where you have predictable damage bursts, like Ursoc, it's only 'decent'. Yeah, sure, it buffs PoH, but that one eats mana pretty quickly...

Mana in general is a massive pain, even with double Symbol of Hope. Can't really spec into 10% regen as it cripples Flash Heal output and Surge of Light never procs when I need it. I'm almost temped to go SoR at times, since it allows for 20 seconds of free casting. Too bad I don't have the 'reincarnation' legendary to truly abuse it.

Other than that, Renew and PoM feel very weak - but there's not much else you can cast while moving, unless Holy Words happen to be off cooldown. Even boosted by Holy Mending, the numbers aren't really impressive and rely on both spells affecting one target out of (30).
    Last edited by KaPe; 2016-09-23 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about Holy right now. I mean, numbers seem fine, but I didn't expect Flash Heal to be my number one heal by a wide margin - with mastery being slightly behind. Serenity is a decent panic heal, but Sanctify doesn't seem all that impressive. Even on encounters where you have predictable damage bursts, like Ursoc, it's only 'decent'. Yeah, sure, it buffs PoH, but that one eats mana pretty quickly...
    We had not much of a mana problem at all, if there was any, then only at the end of the fight. Also i didn't see Flash Heal on Rank 1 in our Raid and not even on most ranking logs i checked, its mostly Echo and Flash Heal sometimes(!) on the second, on Bosses like Ursoc FH is not even in the Top 4. Sanctify is great if you actualy know how to place it right, on Bosses like Ursoc it's a massive gain. Speaking of split Raids with 30 Players, on less it could be a bit different but not very much.

We have decent Utility and a great Ability to heal a large cluster effective. Not seeing any of the problems u describe expect the utility when running, but compared to most other Healers we are pretty on par. Not saying Holy is fine in every way, my main problem is mostly the range restriction on some fights (sanctify, poh).
    Last edited by Nokami; 2016-09-23 at 01:09 AM.

Deleted
    I think I overestimated renew, next raid I will try to do as many others have done and go Enlightenment /Benediction instead of Enduring Renewal / Circle of healing.

I still managed to stay right behind or shaman healer and above our druid so I was pleased anyhow.

Pretty much as expected. Flash heal and Serenity spam. Absolutely useless on the move. I was top healing on every fight with a mistweaver and two druids healing in our group. Most of the fights except for Ursoc forced people to be spread out so I pretty much never got much use out of Sanc.

We're functional but the fact that a good 80% of our abilities are not worth using is still a problem. Its just tolerable because Flash Heal and Serenity work so well. Renew is grossly under tuned its actually hilarious how little it heals even with several artifact traits and relics to buff it. Our utility is pretty much non-existent. Now that people are starting to catch up with me on ilvl I'm getting declined left and right for Mythic dungeon groups because they're scouting for Holy Paladins or Resto Shamans. We bring a lot of healing to the table in the right situation (when we're able to turret) but otherwise we dont offer much of anything else.
    Last edited by Ozoi; 2016-09-23 at 06:51 AM.

Pugged 5/7 normal today only boss we had trouble on was il'gynoth i was oom most of the fight. I was top heals on every boss and could have done a lot more if i was able to switch my talents around, like if i had binding on ursoc i would have been close to 230k. Actually most of the bosses i was specd badly, who has enough gold to respec for every fight the mats on my server are crazy expensive.

Deleted
    If we discount that our monk would be good enough for any top 50 guild our holy priest did exceptionally well. The only thing we've had a hard time wraping our heads around is Blizzard's idea of a holy priest needing to die and be revived to reach max potential while adding that to a legendary random drop. Now they're a fine support healer while staying alive, but they can just do so much more by bursting their mana pool and suiciding to rely on their cape.

It just feels like a very strange way of maximizing HPS output given the random nature of the legendary.
    Last edited by mmoc2947244a93; 2016-09-24 at 02:04 AM.

Xavius is a dream as a Holy Priest. Everyone's close together enough to get massive returns off Divine Hymn. Easy to place good Holy Word: Sanctify's for the same reason. Especially in phase 2-3, you can heal so damn well when people stack for meteors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syriane View Post
    Absolutely fine for me. Felt a bit useless on Il'gynoth but was still competitive.
    That's because nothing happens on Il'gynoth. You should drop healers on that fight because only occasional spot-damage happens in which you just whack-a-mole it, and in P2 you can just burn the boss, maybe popping a CD for people blowing up.

Great! Wasn't a big fan of previous iterations of Holy... Chakra and all that, so I was usually Disc when I bothered to heal. Legion Holy is actually really cool. Trading off Holy Word cooldowns and using Heal/PoH to recharge them is a cool concept. I really like the playstyle a lot.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.