Thread: Sephuz's Secret

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have this ring and the shield neck. I actually like the neck: a 15% HP shield is very nice. Still, I'm glad I got them out of the way so future legiondaries will actually be good.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    So I just got this item and I must say I'm a little dismayed.

The overwhelming majority of bosses and adds are immune to cc, making this 'legendary' item essentially worthless in most situations. To add insult to injury its stats are barely better than a random 850 ring. Oh and even if you do manage to proc it, it's only 15% haste for 10 seconds.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=132452/s...nts:id=2410444

Thoughts?
    I have one. It is terrible, little to no use in raids at all.

It is a decently nice stat stick, if you happen to favor crit.

Easily the worst of them, and really not even deserving to be called legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If I get Sephuz's secret then my future legendary which isn't gauranteed would not be sephuz's secret so your question is meaningless.
    thats exactly the point.

the worst part about this legendary is that it sacrifices the guarantee of a legendary thats actually useful.

if someone's gonna say "oh, i'll trade my 840 epic for it", then they have to take the penalty of NOT having a guaranteed legendary anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Is it a backwater filled with serfs and an ancient broken down monastery?
    It sure stinks like one!

Well anyway I actually got another legendary today for my class (a good one), so guess what worthless piece of garbage will forever be stuck in my inventory now.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-09-22 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    thats exactly the point.

the worst part about this legendary is that it sacrifices the guarantee of a legendary thats actually useful.

if someone's gonna say "oh, i'll trade my 840 epic for it", then they have to take the penalty of NOT having a guaranteed legendary anymore.
    You misunderstand me, there is no guaranteed legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This annoys me.

Yes, there's bad legendaries, that's the worst thing about them, it annoys me more than their actual drop rate.

There's about 4 legendaries I can get that would not make me happy, which is stupid game design and another reason these things shouldn't be in the game.

I know it doesn't matter to a middle-aged roleplayer like yourself but some of us care about performance and there's a big difference between getting a legendary which allows you to do 30k more dps on fights or a glorified statstick. (This ring was or was close to a dps LOSS for fire mages before it got crit and a socket, think about that, I would have banked a really rare orange item that is supposed to make me excited if it didn't get fixed.)
    1. I don't think age has much to do with it.
    2. You're whining about which legendary you got when most of us don't have any. Don't expect a lot of sympathy.
    3. If you're going to be a jerk when you talk to people, I wouldn't want you in group no matter how many legendaries you have.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Svelte View Post
    15% haste for 10 sec is like no benefit at all if you have to use a gcd lol
    As a blood elf shadow priest, I'm able to proc it off-GCD with my racial and with Silence. It's pretty nice when it's possible to proc.

I got it as a hunter in a mythic plus, it's pretty much going to sit in my bags once I get any ring with decent stats on it.

it's called sephuz's secret because it's a secret why the fuck blizz thought this should be a legendary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaha View Post
    I got it as a hunter in a mythic plus, it's pretty much going to sit in my bags once I get any ring with decent stats on it.
    Same here. This legendary is so bad that I have no idea how they ever got the idea to implement it. My 840 ring is better statwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first legendary too, luckily im a fire mage...so atleast crit.

But its pretty much an 895 ring.

Deleted
    Just got this ring too... I'm a Resto Shaman and pretty much PvE only.. still its an 895 ring with a socket and I guess the crit is nice since that's the 2nd stat I want after mastery. But besides hexxing and using stun totem on mobs in dungeons I'm not gonna benefit super much from the proc. If I wanna hex things it's usually before we pull a pack and if I stun mobs in a dungeon I'm probably not in a hurry to run away from them since I'll be healing people and whatnot. Would be nice if we still had Frost Shock for the world PvP side of things but sadly we lost that.

I think that your first legendary drop should be something that benefits your class and spec specifically, but then I guess everyone would be getting the same legendaries as their first drops which would take away from the mystery.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    That ring is a dps loss for me. I got it today and I'm super pissed off. Useless for BM hunters like me.

Deleted
    Shadow priest I know loves it for mythic+ dungeons. We keep a trash mob cc'ed on the side during boss fights, he mind bombs it whenever he wants the haste buff.

If you have an ability that does damage AND applies a stun then it can proc on immune raid bosses. This isn't the greatest legendary no, but it is pretty damn good for unholy dk. I macro my pets 1.5 min stun ability with the 1.5 min apoc cd so it's like a mini lust every 1.5 min when paired with a 3 stack soul reaper. Also perfect stats for unholy as well. One of the few specs that "sort of" benefit from this otherwise trash tier legendary. My rng is so bad I got this for my first one, I was disappointed when I got it but it's better than nothing!

i love the ring on my prot pala - crit and haste are both great stats and the proc can be procced on bosses with blinding light

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    i love the ring on my prot pala - crit and haste are both great stats and the proc can be procced on bosses with blinding light
    Pretty sure crit is the worst stat for prot pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Pretty sure crit is the worst stat for prot pally.
    For survivability that is correct. However for DPS it's the second best stat.

It's grade a garbage, I would delete it, but having it in my bank keeps it off my loot table

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    For survivability that is correct. However for DPS it's the second best stat.
    I guess I just don't see the point gearing for dps when a good dps is going to do double or triple your damage anyway. Better to make the healers lives easier so they can save people standing in fire more often.