Deleted

Need some help behind the math of Attonement/Smite

Hey guys,
    at first I apologize for my English, it's not my first language.
    If you'r looking for a tl:dr, there is none, sorry!

I'am a disci priest and after the today's raid I went to the Dummy to test my damage and heal output.
    After a couple of tests I experienced a strange behavior of the damage-healing ratio.
    I did some math about it.

Smite deals 225% Spelldamage(equivalent to your total int).
    I stripped all versatility equip off and had exactly 27.345 int.
    Smite should do 61.526 dmg. But there is a trait for my weapon which buffs it's damage by 15%, aswell as every traitpoint for additional 0,5% each.
    I got 19 points so far which ends up at 9,5% increased dmg.
    I dont know if the multipliers are added together or multiplied after each other.
    Because of this there should only be two results(maybe a third?):
    77.4476,61 (61.526*1,15*1,095)
    76.599,87 (61.526*1,245)
    But smite does actually 79.600 damage.

Okay maybe we got the multipliers wrong or there is some hidden shit. i'm kinda okay with that but now we watch at the healing smite does (or any other dmg your deal)
    I have 27,1 % mastery so Atonement heals for 50,1% of the dmg dealt.

If we take the 79.600 damage we would expect a heal of 39.879,6.
    But instead we only get heals of 35.975.
    So Atonement heals 10,85 % LESS then it should.
    It is the same with penance.
    It deals 63.126 per tick and heals for 28.529 but you would expect 31.626 heal.
    This is also a discrepancy of 10,85%.
    These numbers are all for non crits now we get to the crits.
    Things are weird here too.

If smite crits, it deals 159.199 damage, which is correct!(yay)
    But it only heals for 71.949 instead of the expected 79.758,6.
    Which is also a discrepancy of 10,85%.

So... after all these number I can't explain the difference to me.

But that is not really the end of the line.
    If you have a trinket as disci which deals damage, only the crits of your trinket are accounted for your Atonement healing.
    At least I experienced this behavior for Devilsaur Shock-Baton.

I got also some pictures to prove what I'am writing.
    Because this is my first post I'am not allowed to post links. I can pm you with a imgur gallery.
    I really hope I messed up other wise blizz did.. ^^
    Thanks for reading and don't kill me if my math is terribly wrong, I'am just curious and was wondering with my own math understanding!

edit// After reading my post before posting I had an idea for a third damage calculation, maybe the trait points multiply with each other.
    Which would end in (1,005)^19 but with this Number you get again only 76.870,49 (added) or 77,787,83 (multiplied).

edit2// Interestingly the healing through mindbender is fine
    Last edited by mmoc65bbc84c82; 2016-09-22 at 02:11 AM.

Deleted
    Those 9,5% from your 19 points doesn't count towards healing. It is just to make our dps not fall too far behind dpsers. There is also like a 2,5%ish hidden damage increase which i think increases atonement (not sure).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    Those 9,5% from your 19 points doesn't count towards healing.
    From where do you take this statement? Damage increases passively our healing.
    While ignoring the 9,5%, the number we get almost matches the healing we get: 61526*1.15*0,501 =35.448,20 (heal is 35.975).
    But doesnt explain why the numbers for mindbender are matching the expactations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lesslo View Post
    Damage increases passively our healing.
    Yes, but this damage does not. It is because we would gain 0,5% more healing per point while other healers gets nothing. Therefore this does not affect atonement healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    Yes, but this damage does not. It is because we would gain 0,5% more healing per point while other healers gets nothing. Therefore this does not affect atonement healing.
    I thought that's why we only got half the bonus.
    Seems I have to live with that explanation sounds kinda right.
    Thanks.

Ah wait still doenst explains why Mindbender is healing for the exact amount and why trinkets only heal if they crit.

Sure other healers gain nothing? I need change to holy and check, but I was convinced all healers gain a 0.5% extra healing by point.

Think could be just blizz teasing discipline only, like how they did with dps trinket procs