Thread: Warden Tower WQ

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The quests could barely be considered PvP anyway. The amount of Honour they gave when even on Locked/High population servers nobody was actually PvE'ing in them was absurd.

Next they need to remove the 840+ gear that all the Dragonslayers rush to get every day.

Tower PVP:

Defenders: Progress bar only filled by killing the other faction (maybe make it a bit of Xrealm zone so there is always players)
    Attackers: What we have now, kill npcs AND the other faction for progress + a boss (Same bosses but probably less HP?)

Make this give 400-500 Honor.

GG you have world pvp.

I farmed the towers (no pvp) to almost prestige 2 and I honestly feel the nerf is warranted. Sorting them out to be actual pvp quests would be a better solution though.

Once 7.1 rolls around, it won't matter anyhow. PvP'ers will get the prestige rewards over time, PvE'ers will do the towers if/when they yield decent rewards (NOT LOOKING AT YOU, 150 GOLD!).

It's only really annoying now for those people who prestiged (me), but didn't manage to get to a decent PvP level (also me) before they nerfed it again.
    I'd also very much welcome the 7.1 PvP talent "revamp" as a hotfix. But I'll live.

I guess skirmishes are the way to go for non-organized honor farming? AV never pops in my battlegroup, for some odd reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    well thats a shame. First i farmed em every 3 hours on alarm clock then on 6 hours alarm clock. Now I cant see point of visiting them better off doing skirmish and hoping for win. At lest almost prestige 3 so :P
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    well thats a shame. First i farmed em every 3 hours on alarm clock then on 6 hours alarm clock. Now I cant see point of visiting them better off doing skirmish and hoping for win. At lest almost prestige 3 so :P
    Well, spending 30 minutes every 6 hours for 950 honor total is still worth it in most cases tbh.

It was already going to take a year of constant, 3x times a day grinding to reach P13 for the last Druid bear skin.
    Now we're looking at two years? Very upset.

Sucks, but doesn't really matter.
    People who want honor can get it faster from arenas anyway.

Inb4 a PvE player who doesn't want to do any PvP to get the PvP rewards.
    Hi

9 towers a day, 150 per... 481 days.
    Takes about an hour to do 9 towers, so days to hours grinding ratio is equal.
    481 hours to get P13 for the last bear skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    9 towers a day, 150 per... 481 days.
    Takes about an hour to do 9 towers, so days to hours grinding ratio is equal.
    481 hours to get P13 for the last bear skin.
    And that's if you can actually do that many towers a day, for every day. The people who say 'Oh just PvP for PvP rewards', one: You get rewards that can be used in PvE, so shush. Two: some factions/battlegroups have such a horrifying win/loss ratio that you're lucky to win one in ten.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a fix for a problem it's just lazyness. The problem isn't even the reward. As someone said above, there's no draw to defend them. Thats where the real issue lies. Reward could have stayed 300 or even go higher if they fix the broken system of the towers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    And that's if you can actually do that many towers a day, for every day. The people who say 'Oh just PvP for PvP rewards', one: You get rewards that can be used in PvE, so shush. Two: some factions/battlegroups have such a horrifying win/loss ratio that you're lucky to win one in ten.
    Correct me if I'm wrong: Aside from cosmetic rewards and the occasional Artifact Power for levelling, the PvE rewards cap out at Honor level 50, prestige 0?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong: Aside from cosmetic rewards and the occasional Artifact Power for levelling, the PvE rewards cap out at Honor level 50, prestige 0?
    Doesn't matter what the cap is, it's considered a PvP objective, and you can get raid viable gear from it. I personally think it's fine to have that, but for people who say 'Hubblerubble no no it's pvp pvers get nothing!' It should go both ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I noticed it today and man, this sucks. They cut it half. What the hell?
    U can get ur Pve Skins from Raidfinder, so why did they nerf the towers? Just annoying. And they didnt mentioned it anywhere.
    Since I am doing the towers, I always thought, why didnt they show the Honor u get from towers in chat. Now I know, so no one maybe notice the nerf -.-
    It sucks, really and I guess, Blizz will recieve much hate for this, or I am hoping it ..

I thought it would be a fair way for PvE to get these pvp skins after some time, but now many pve player think its wasted time, cause u need many many tower shit.
    With 300 honor it looked like, u can see the goal, but now .. jeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Doesn't matter what the cap is, it's considered a PvP objective, and you can get raid viable gear from it. I personally think it's fine to have that, but for people who say 'Hubblerubble no no it's pvp pvers get nothing!' It should go both ways.
    What I meant was: Getting to honor level 50 is now annoying, but doable, if you're only interested in the gear for PvE use.
    Prestiging is now significantly harder to do, yes, but you can get to 50 and thus cap the PvE rewards.

Keep in mind, this totals up to a 75% nerf. First they doubled the time between towers, which was effectively a 50% nerf; then this nerf...

The PvP team is really just fucking up by the numbers at this point. If youre going to do something, best to do it whole-hog and go all-in i guess.

Welp, guess I'll have to actually PvP some if I want that prestige 16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It was never going to work like actual pvp. For example on my server there are probably 3 times as many alliance than horde. If they had only 1 tower it would be a slaughter because of the piss poor server management on blizzards end
    Bro, they've literally had the new phasing technology in operation since Legion came out. It's not at all hard for them to use phasing to 'zone' equal numbers per side and have some kind of contested tower objective to fight at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Keep in mind, this totals up to a 75% nerf. First they doubled the time between towers, which was effectively a 50% nerf; then this nerf...

The PvP team is really just fucking up by the numbers at this point. If youre going to do something, best to do it whole-hog and go all-in i guess.
    Yeah, because farming those towers is super fun, right? Reducing the number of towers is fine by me. Means I won't get bored as fast. And before you say "well you could choose not to do them" I say that would be a competitive disadvantage, and some of us are very obsessive-compulsive :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    This isn't a fix for a problem it's just lazyness. The problem isn't even the reward. As someone said above, there's no draw to defend them. Thats where the real issue lies. Reward could have stayed 300 or even go higher if they fix the broken system of the towers.
    I took a friend and defended a tower yesterday. I didn't do it for a reward. I did it because I fancied some world PvP action, so I sought it out. Not every form of content needs a carrot to lure us. With that said, I also do find it rather daft that alliance and horde are sent to different towers.

How much honor do rated 2s give for wins (and any for losses?) just curious how fast I can grind that with guildies who also don't pvp competitively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having reached Level 50 the day before this change, I'm quite sad. It's going to make levelling my Prestige upon 7.1 release quite tiresome as I won't be going into the Arena half cocked and that is a LOT of Battlegrounds.

3 hours to 6 hours, 300 hono(u)r to 150 hono(u)r and no compensation. Vexing indeed.