Thread: Warden Tower WQ

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Turf this entire shit system and go back to honor/conquest points is the only real answer.

The least they could do is merge all towers in to attack/defend sub-zones to be like a budget version of EPL and actually make them feel like PvP instead of flagged PvE. Just let your rewards be the honor gained from killing the other faction so the more you put in the more you get out of it. Sprinkle in a loot box on x timer for killing the tower Captain of whoever holds it and you have something to work with.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-09-27 at 08:00 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The least they could do is merge all towers in to attack/defend sub-zones to be like a budget version of EPL and actually make them feel like PvP instead of flagged PvE. Just let your rewards be the honor gained from killing the other faction so the more you put in the more you get out of it. Sprinkle in a loot box on x timer for killing the tower Captain of whoever holds it and you have something to work with.
    How about you just go to your faction's Tower and defend it...?

Also: Yay 300 Honour from Towers again!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    How about you just go to your faction's Tower and defend it...?

Also: Yay 300 Honour from Towers again!
    The problem with that, especially on my server, is you would literally be doing nothing 95% of the time for such incredibly small gains. The off chance that an Alliance will wander in to the tower zone and reward you with a kill for ganking them isn't worth it and that's assuming only one shows up at a time.

There's simply no incentive to defend your tower even when compared to losing battlegrounds unless they drastically revamp the entire tower system instead of fumbling around with timers and honor gains.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you're saying that there's little-to-no chance of World PvP on your server?

I'm lucky then.

What I would have liked the towers to be like is more akin to the tower/keep battles from Warhammer Online. Other problems that game had aside, those were some of the most fun PvP encounters I've had in an MMO.

If you never played or took part in this, basically each zone would have a few keeps/towers just like these Warden Towers, however you would have to team up with your faction and assault the keep/defeat a boss at the top which awarded loot, while fighting off the opposite faction and then defend the keep from them as well.

The keeps would spawn as neutral until one faction took them over, I do not remember if there was a timer on how long you had to take the keeps, I'm sure these details could be worked out but something like this would be a lot more fun and encourage more people to take part in possibly, while also making it so both factions are drawn to the same place to actually battle. You could even have a zone wide buff of some sort for your faction holding the tower.

As it is now I just sort of run in and kill a bunch of NPCs, kill the boss and then goblin glider off the tower. These could have been so much more interesting and thought out than they are.
    Last edited by aboynamedgoo; 2016-09-28 at 03:51 PM.