Mana issues at il'gynoth

We played 3 healers with 13 people , the pressure was extreme , i had to heal alot and dispell alot , after the end of phase2 iwas basically oom , i tried to use a pot , it helped abit but still not enough , i think flash healing individuals and aoe heal constantly wore me out , im not sure if its better to try to top individual with renew instead or maybe heal? too much mana lost overall , maybe enlightment is the answer?

Heal + Echo is far more efficient than Renew. Renew on the move or a tank is about all I use it for. PoH and Renew will kill your mana. I was using the +10% regen talent (Enlightenment). Can't say definitively, we only had time for about 5 pulls on heroic tonight. Seems damage will go down once DPS can prioritize targets to be burned more efficiently.

Renew is pretty lack luster right now. Without being able to see the damage you were healing it is hard to give a rock solid answer. From my own experience doing that in normal and heroic, dps has been dreadful at tsking extra damage. Luckily in my case that is am easy fix.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I had hard mana problems in nearly every single boss fight we had out there. There was literally no difference if enlightenment was taken or trail of light in terms of mana regeneration. Our heal druid was sucked dry as well, only our two shamies stayed between 20 and 50% mana at the end of the fights...

At least the pure green numbers were high, happy to see this after the WoD disaster. But with the lack of spirit or any other source for improved mana regeneration I see a hard raid experience incoming for every boss fight that lasts longer than 2 minutes...

Having a shadowpriest to mass dispel greatly helped with mana for our healers.

Yes, me as a discipline had a real problem vs this boss. Power infussion is mandatory...and even with it and mindbender the mana just goes away.

Hope blizz change something the next week

Quote Originally Posted by Darksing View Post
    Having a shadowpriest to mass dispel greatly helped with mana for our healers.
    My god, this is a brilliant idea.

What trinkets were you using? I used Amalgams to abuse its regen since I planned on heavily using FH and rarely healed the same target twice in a row (except for tanks when needed) with flash heal. Netted a total of about 450k mana back from Amalgams proc over the duration of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    We played 3 healers with 13 people , the pressure was extreme , i had to heal alot and dispell alot , after the end of phase2 iwas basically oom , i tried to use a pot , it helped abit but still not enough , i think flash healing individuals and aoe heal constantly wore me out , im not sure if its better to try to top individual with renew instead or maybe heal? too much mana lost overall , maybe enlightment is the answer?
    Question, were the other healers just as OOM as you were? Remember it's not your job to solely save the raid. Relay on Heal and your holy words and Have faith that your other healers will help. (PoM+renew on tanks)

Pick the right times to PoH/FH spam. For me, it was when we were aoeing down the slimes, and when we were inside the tree. Thoes times seem to be high damage times for our group. Also work with the other healers to time your big healing CD's

I ran enlightenment for the fight. Next time i'm going to try Trail of light.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I had to drop Renew. I kept it rolling on tanks and even then wasn't sure if that was efficient.

We can do a lot more Dispels than others healers thanks to Mass Dispel and it is taxing on mana. On our kill, Mastery Echo and Heal were my top healing dnoe (in that order) with a Resto Druid and Holy Paladin in a group of 13.

i seemed alright, but i wasnt dispelling constantly since the debuff was refreshed petty much immediatly if people were fixated, i just dispelled when i saw the dots were acctualy ticking down, saved a bunch of mana