Thread: Fof nerf

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Nerfed into the ground? --> FoF nerf.

So Fists of Fury does no longer stuns its targets... this should hit the arena performance of monks pretty damn hard.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Heavy-Handed Strikes Fists of Fury has a 5 yard increased range, and reduces the movement speed of enemies struck by 70% for 2 sec. Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

Maybe Spinning Fire Blossom is now a viable alternative... damage also got buffed from 150% to 275%.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Spinning Fire Blossom Deals [ 275% of AP ] Fire damage to your target. If Spinning Fire Blossom is cast on a target ouside of melee range, the damage is increased by 50% and you root the target for 1.5 sec. Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent. 1 Chi. 40 yd range. Instant.

They also say that Yulon's Gift is now a tier 2 PvP talent, so it's unclear to me which one of the existing tier 2 talents has to go and what happens to the blank spot from tier 3. Maybe they just swap places?

I think the info that it's tier 2 PvP is just a typo...
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2016-09-22 at 04:29 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.

And so it begins.

Disabling Reach Name changed from "Rushing Tiger Palm" to "Disabling Reach". Tiger Palm now has a 10 yard range, and reduces the target's movement speed by 25% for 2 sec. When used, you instantly dash to the target Disable now has a 12 yard range. Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

Yeah fuck this. was having fun on my WW in PvP but this is just fucking stupid.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-09-22 at 05:39 AM.

Deleted
    i hope it won't go live, there is more options to nerf it but not making it thrash - FoF stun one target or FoF stuns all targets but u are unable to move, or u stun all targets for 1s every 1s so u dont just turn around to stun some1 behind u for full duration....

To clarify for people like me who weren't familiar with the original PVP talent: Fists of Fury's 4 second stun is being changed to a 2 second, 70% snare. 2 hits of the nerf bat in 3 days, not fun.

Deleted

Angry How to fix FoF stun without destroying WW PVP

Hello,
    I guess everyone saw 7.1 patch notes with another blizzard crazy ideas:

Heavy-Handed Strikes Fists of Fury has a 5 yard increased range, and targets hit by Fists of Fury are slowed by 70% for 2 sec. Windwalker Monk - Tier 5 PvP Talent.

xD

Atm FoF stun is stupid - yes. Why? Because u can turn around and stun somebody for full duration then come back at your target. When u stun one dps another one coming to peel can be easy stunned too. That's retarded , it deserved nerf but not like this.

Option 1:

Make FoF stun target for 1s every 1s for 4seconds. So if u turn around ur stun just fade off - simple

Option 2:

You are no longer able to move while channeling FoF but your FoF now stuns for 4s.

Is that so hard blizzard?

consider it, thx

i am not able to post it on US forums so if any1 could copy it there feel free to do it

Deleted
    Not being able to move is absolutely frustrating for a meele, especially when it's a self-root. That was game breaking for me in WoD, couldn't stand playing my monk for more than 5 minutes in PvP due to this issue.

Your other idea has potential.

I personally would like to see them keep FoF as it is, but buffing it a with CD reduction mechanic. Then they can completely delete Leg Sweep from this class.
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2016-09-22 at 07:14 AM.

Angry Fof nerf

Dear blizz,

U HAVE NO REASON TO DO IT. FoF allways stunned since it comes out, u have absolutly no reason to do that.

If you want to nerf, just change the things it happen, we didnt need a isntant stun that you can turn around. Make the stun only occour when the taget is hit.

JUST THIS.

Im going to unsub if it goes live, thats ridiculous.

im going to unsub if it goes live. Im done, FOF ALLWAYS STUNNED SINCE IT CAME OUT. everybody is ok with that, doing that just destroys our arenas. GG man

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't need a nerf. Maybe they could've tweaked the range to be 8 yards, but any other nerf is stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Make the stun only occour when the taget is hit."

It already works like that.

But yeah, I'm going to unsub as well if this nerf goes through. I'm done with windwalker monk if it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post

But yeah, I'm going to unsub as well if this nerf goes through. I'm done with windwalker monk if it does.
    where is the info on this?, where can i see about the fof change

Deleted
    Blizzard, you said you wouldnt nerf specs into the ground anymore - this is a complete gameplay change, and for me FOF stun is one of the main reasons i enjoy it over lets say a rogue. DONT LET THIS CHANGE COME THROUGH, or you really will lose a sub permanently. I never threatened with something like this but to change main gameplay elements of a class when you had AMPLE time to change this in beta, is just really wrong, especially with the countless of hours people put in their classes as it is.

Some damage tune, all good, some minor tweaks all good, But to move one of the MAIN strengths from WW completely away.. is the biggest balancing team fails i have seen so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    this class is dead in pvp. gonna reroll rogue/arms

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post

I mean while your are full hitting, atm we can just turn and stun the healer for full duration and go back to dps. A good suggestion is just to stun the targets u are channeling. DONE, WHY NOT?

Deleted
    THough blizz said they wouldnt completely screw classes anymore as they felt how much time is invested in one- so what is this?, and for me FOF stun is one of the main reasons i enjoy it over lets say a rogue. DONT LET THIS CHANGE COME THROUGH, or you really will lose a sub permanently. I never threatened with something like this but to change main gameplay elements of a class when you had AMPLE time to change this in beta, is just really wrong, especially with the countless of hours people put in their classes as it is.

Some damage tune, all good, some minor tweaks all good, But to move one of the MAIN strengths from WW completely away.. is the biggest balancing team fails i have seen so far.

People told me this is how it is with WW every expansion since mop. WW gets buffed, cause too little people play it. It becomes a bit overtuned, then gets nerfed into unplayability. They are already hard to sell for RBG - but this just makes it a full season without RBG as ww again....

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep in mind that ranting here won't be as effective as on their official forums. Keep it within reason here and I'll allow it to continue.

I've merged the three threads on the topic since people were literally copy/pasting the same comments.
    Last edited by Babylonius; 2016-09-22 at 01:30 PM.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted

Where can i appeal this horrid FOF stun remove change?

I find this completely bullshit as its one of the main reasons WW is fun. I dont care about a bit of aoe gone, but this is one of the main gameplay elements what makes a WW for me a really fun class and having invested over 9 full days in it on THIS level as well, this change is COMPLETELY unwarranted for. Maybe fix something more vital like touch of death not being mitigated by dam reducing effects....

Blizz you are trash at balancing and this is 3rd time you screw WW at begin of expansion when buffing them to hell pre expansion.

Deleted
    Yea but baby, EU cant post on US forum can they? So what should we do? This is really completely overboard and makes for me personally in pvp, WW from the most fun class on which i did weeks of research. to just a bad version of rogue / feral.

Just a thing to say about that if this goes live. IM DONE WITH WOW, im going to unsub. I never found something so important like this, FOF stun is the main reason why WW is viable on pvp, otherwise just go for a rogue/arms. This nerf is completly garbage, its completly game change, it goes to nerf for the ground.

Keep doing NOYSE monks, this CANT go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    I mean while your are full hitting, atm we can just turn and stun the healer for full duration and go back to dps. A good suggestion is just to stun the targets u are channeling. DONE, WHY NOT?
    I mean, if a healer is stupid enough to get in range of you while channeling FoF then they deserve it, don't they? How is FoF any different from say a warrior bladestorming? Not to mention that if you turn around completely for that 1 tick to stun someone behind you, you lose that damage on the target you're trying to hit.

People have roughly a second to respond to getting out of range of FoF. That's enough time and if you're too slow to respond to it, then that's something you'll have to work on to get better at yourself.