Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your thoughts on Emerald Nightmare?

First off, we're not a "pro" guild, so I'm not here to talk about how awesome we are.

So my guild stepped into it yesterday evening (EU here, so first day) normal mode, and we managed to down Nythendra and the Emerald Dragons encounter. Both were pretty fun; one wipe on Nythendra as we tested the waters, and Nightmare Dragons downed in first attempt. We wiped a few times on Ursoc as one of our tanks was getting his head around the taunt swap, or more specifically WHEN to taunt swap, then it was a case of people getting their groups wrong for the charge. We tried the multi-form boss and wiped once before calling it a night as people had to leave.

I think it's a pretty cool dungeon so far. The environment is absolutely amazing, and a few of the bosses we've done were fun. Multi-form druid boss, though we only took one shot at her, looked like a really cool encounter with the platform swaps, though we wiped after only the first transition so we didn't get to see how the rest played out. I think our tanks hated taunt-swapping on the Nightmare Dragons, but we were surprised that we managed to do it first attempt considering no one new strats.

So for those who have stepped into or cleared the raid, what do you guys think about it?

I cleared normall fully in 3 hours. Haven't done hc yet. It was boring as hell maybe mythic is interesting. By why always the dark themes, hfc looked dark, soo did, this raid does. Always so gloomy.

Deleted
    Started EM HC yesterday, much harder then Wod ! so thats fun !

Corruptor Tentacles can bite me. Took a few attempts for my guild to have the light-bulb go off on how to handle them, but the corruption they are putting on players is hitting a *LOT* harder than it should. Especially since it sometimes affects multiple healers at once, requiring them to forgo healing the tanks/raid for themselves, and it caused a lot of problems. One shots on all the others up to Cenarius, where we left off.

Deleted
    So much trash

and the Eye-Boss is pretty annoying especially if you raid with just 10 man you still get the same amount of adds to deal with and killing the blobs with just melees is not fun, and even in the heart it is crowded with just melee.

It is pretty weird ,
    we totally misplayed the first dragon and killed him
    ursoc when 2 damage dealers died to charge because they were too close in melee range on the other side with the debuff
    emerald nightmares and still killed them first try.
    We killed the roc/spider in 3 tries without anyone knowing the strat and 2 of 7 damage dealers falling to death in the first transition.

The tree/eye has been real unforgiving however.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uunagi View Post
    Corruptor Tentacles can bite me. Took a few attempts for my guild to have the light-bulb go off on how to handle them, but the corruption they are putting on players is hitting a *LOT* harder than it should. Especially since it sometimes affects multiple healers at once, requiring them to forgo healing the tanks/raid for themselves, and it caused a lot of problems. One shots on all the others up to Cenarius, where we left off.
    What was your solution?
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2016-09-22 at 03:12 PM.

Well, it's not Highmaul so that's a step in the right direction.

We cleared Normal on Tuesday and first boss on heroic. Did 4 more last night so just going to do the last 2 tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazeari View Post
    I cleared normall fully in 3 hours. Haven't done hc yet. It was boring as hell maybe mythic is interesting. By why always the dark themes, hfc looked dark, soo did, this raid does. Always so gloomy.
    It's a nightmare... It's suppose to be gloomy. Wait until you kill Xavius.

Deleted
    Highmaul imo was better. Bosses design probably not, but I enjoyed the instance more for some reason. Look wise emerald I think its the worst instance I've ever seen in my entire life, baradin hold looked better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    Highmaul imo was better. Bosses design probably not, but I enjoyed the instance more for some reason. Look wise emerald I think its the worst instance I've ever seen in my entire life, baradin hold looked better.
    Is it because all the areas tend to look the same? I honestly feel like the artists went a bit overboard with the red pallet.

Although it's pretty cool seeing nightmare torn areas of old places that make them basically unrecognizable.

Xavius boss room is trippy.

We cleared normal with only one wipe on Cenarius, but was expected as we overgeared it. Thoroughly enjoyed the encounters and the atmosphere is terrific.

I'll probably be burned at the stake, but I'm actually not a fan of portals; I prefer corridors and a bit more trash to tell a story. Xavius trash was very nice but the room itself feels a bit under-decorated.

Heroic was a lot more challenging; one shot Emerald Dragons but everything else took some work. For reference we are running with a team of 27 at an average ilvl of 849. Nythendra is a good opening boss, Corruption was difficult; as mentioned above I'm sure Spew is dealing more damage than intended, Ursoc was one of the best fights I've tanked and I predict Dragons will be my favourite mythic boss in this instance. Fights feel as good and interesting as WOD fights and present a real challenge so far. Working on Elethre heroic tonight which I am looking forward to.

All in all, Blizzard delivers another great raid - pretty much flawless content since Tier 15 in terms of environment, difficulty and excitement.

Enjoy the themes and monsters a hell of a lot more than Highmaul. Mechanics-wise I can't say yet, will wait for HC/Mythic for that.

I like it so far, both visually and mechanically. Nythendra is a good entry boss; simple mechanics, but punishing when you mess up. Elerethe seems overwhelming and complicated but once you get your head around it it really isn't. Dragons is a fun fight, probably the one I'm looking forward to most on mythic. Wasn't a big fan of Ursoc, but we haven't done him on heroic yet so maybe my opinion will change when there's more mechanics to deal with. Ilgynoth was much more enjoyable on heroic than on normal.

For reference, my guild is 7/7 normal and has killed Nythendra, Dragons, and Ilgynoth on heroic. Starting work on Ursoc and Elerethe tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    I like it so far, both visually and mechanically. Nythendra is a good entry boss; simple mechanics, but punishing when you mess up. Elerethe seems overwhelming and complicated but once you get your head around it it really isn't. Dragons is a fun fight, probably the one I'm looking forward to most on mythic. Wasn't a big fan of Ursoc, but we haven't done him on heroic yet so maybe my opinion will change when there's more mechanics to deal with. Ilgynoth was much more enjoyable on heroic than on normal.

For reference, my guild is 7/7 normal and has killed Nythendra, Dragons, and Ilgynoth on heroic. Starting work on Ursoc and Elerethe tonight.
    Ursoc is genuinely a joke on normal. He's not difficult on heroic by any means, but the fight's at least a bit more "involved".

Deleted
    Normal was waay too easy however we're not aiming for Normal so that's to be expected. Happy with being able to do multiple bosses in different orders. The vistas were cool to look at. I get what they were going with in Xavius's room but it feels a bit too bland. However it is cool seeing these massive eldritch monstrosities occasionally from the shadows when mechanics happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Normal was waay too easy however we're not aiming for Normal so that's to be expected. Happy with being able to do multiple bosses in different orders. The vistas were cool to look at. I get what they were going with in Xavius's room but it feels a bit too bland. However it is cool seeing these massive eldritch monstrosities occasionally from the shadows when mechanics happen.
    The eye/tree is not easy on normal when you are a 10man raid with 2 tanks 2 heal 5 melee 1 ranged.

You get the same amount of adds as you get with 30 man. And we actually were 11 at one point and then lost a dps so we lost like 17% of your dps but the hp of the adds only decreased by 5% by going from 11 players to 10.

The fight is probably trivial if you have a 17+ man group but with 10 it is hard. Horrible flex balancing by Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    The eye/tree is not easy on normal when you are a 10man raid with 2 tanks 2 heal 5 melee 1 ranged.

You get the same amount of adds as you get with 30 man. And we actually were 11 at one point and then lost a dps so we lost like 17% of your dps but the hp of the adds only decreased by 5% by going from 11 players to 10.

The fight is probably trivial if you have a 17+ man group but with 10 it is hard. Horrible flex balancing by Blizz.
    Had a similar experience, the Eye is just kind of a pain with a melee heavy raid and most of us haven't raided in 2+ years. People get pretty tunnel visioned when playing melee, I think it's just a matter of everyone shaking the clouds out of their heads. Tell everyone to turn off their DPS meters, lol.

We cleared it normal. It's very... red that made the bosses forgetable to me. All are red/black and all looks red/black/grey. The boss mechanics where nothing really special.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Cleared normal and 6/7 heroic. I'd say it's nothing special. My favourite fights are Nythendra and the spider bird boss! Other than that nothing really stands out.

Xavius is interesting however with the dream state

Its not the emerald nightmare I envisioned. (Im sure im not alone). More of a crimson nightmare.... Aside from that its pretty average (pre mythic)

Deleted
    Compared to Highmaul, this is much more better. Heroic is harder than Highmaul, but normal is complete faceroll, but people have already overgeared it.

Cant wait for mythics

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    What was your solution?
    Good RNG. As a Mistweaver I can self-heal thru them while on the run (Mist Wrap), so I was able to handle myself nicely. They targeted me every cycle on our victory.

Additionally they spawn in the same spots every time, so you can move people around in anticipation. It's just a fight that requires prior knowledge, experience, and smarts. My group had none of thee above going into it.