Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Legend Neck - Retribution pointless?

Hi All,

So I got my first legend out of a world quest box this morning. However to my disapointment it was a neck with a absorb shield on it. Its meant to be "multi class" but for dps seems a bit crap?..

Ultimatley the stats are better on it and rocking a high item level, however I had to take a major drop in haste because its crit / mastery. Is it worth it or should I go back to my mythic forged neck?

Would Have much prefered the ring or cape. Seems I will be waiting a lot longer now for my next one.

The raw stat gains from a 895 item over, say, an 860 item make it worth it alone. Use the legendary neck until you get like an 880+ item to replace it with haste.

You might stress less if you try to not think of legendaries as being Best in Slot for your class/spec.

What they will be is something that's pretty awesome in some way.

Just had this drop myself. I lose a ton of haste to gain...mastery, a good chunk of Stamina, and a socket. Not sure it's worth that much haste.

Deleted
    it´s not like the other stats don´t give you any gain. you will have to calculate if it is an upgrade

old neck:
    (haste rating)*(haste value)+(second stat rating)*(second stat value)=x

new neck:
    (mastery rating)*(mastery value)+(crit rating)*(crit value)=y

If y>x then leg=upgrade else keep current neck and cry in a corner for how unfortunate you are since the fixed the legendary drop rate bug

It also works out at a 200-300k absorb that you can have almost every 30 seconds which will no doubt save your life on many encounters. Dead DPS = No DPS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    It also works out at a 200-300k absorb that you can have almost every 30 seconds which will no doubt save your life on many encounters. Dead DPS = No DPS
    it is still the crappiest of the lot =/
    The belt has at least some pvp use the neck is mostly pointless, bracers would have been much better for him
    In germany we have a saying "tief ins braune gegriffen" for very bad luck roughly translated it would be he put his hand deep in shit
    Last edited by mmocd051bddac7; 2016-09-23 at 03:05 PM.

Do we know the likelihood of a second Legendary dropping since the bug fix? Non-existent? I'll need to check my stat values later tonight but thanks for the formula!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taven View Post
    Do we know the likelihood of a second Legendary dropping since the bug fix? Non-existent? I'll need to check my stat values later tonight but thanks for the formula!
    it is a very very basic formula (field math during raid e.g.) but is should give a rough estimation. the correct procedure would be to sim it with simcraft since my formula does not take the changing stat values into account. (this sentence was important before Sol or any other simcrafter reads this :P)

and they can change tremendously by just changing 1 or 2 pieces for me in one instance haste changed from a 4.something value to 7.3 after changing one piece....

I have been lucky enough to get 2 of them. The helm that lowers HoJ cooldown to 15 sec when used on a high health target, and the ring that makes HoJing something increase your haste by 15% for 10sec.
    In theory one I have both of them, on an add fight like corrupted heart, cenarius, and xavius I might actually get some good results from their synergy with haste buffs going off every 15 sec when things line up perfectly.

But yeah, I'm wearing the helm and at this point it's just a stat boost. Also, on my sims crit is better than haste in all situations anyway.
    Last edited by Monzsterr; 2016-09-23 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    I have been lucky enough to get 2 of them. The helm that lowers HoJ cooldown to 15 sec when used on a high health target, and the ring that makes HoJing something increase your haste by 15% for 10sec.
    In theory one I have both of them, on an add fight like corrupted heart, cenarius, and xavius I might actually get some good results from their synergy with haste buffs going off every 15 sec when things line up perfectly.

But yeah, I'm wearing the helm and at this point it's just a stat boost. Also, on my sims crit is better than haste in all situations anyway.
    you do know that you made yourself as well liked as kalgan with stack of "nerf ret now!" shirts? if not: you just did