Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Chris Metzen's statue is fucking stupid

He's wearing an Alliance shirt. LOL. Are you fucking kidding me? He's the biggest orc fanboy in the world.

Even Metzen's face when they revealed it to him says "Meh the fuk is this shit"

Ah the usual Justrob complain thread. Although I haven't seen you for a while buddy. Missed ya <3

i mean #1 sounds like someone in the office trolling him

#2 that looks like a 3d prototype that can be modified before it's cast

I think it's sweet. Maybe modify the shirt so it's horde, not alliance, because that's kind of weird since he was a huge Orc fanboy.

Still, it's definitely really nice. No idea why anyone would complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I think it's sweet. Maybe modify the shirt so it's horde, not alliance, because that's kind of weird since he was a huge Orc fanboy.

Still, it's definitely really nice. No idea why anyone would complain.
    He's far too thin. That and the Alliance thing is a pretty big point. It's there to not create "HORDE FAVORITISM" bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This entire thread is fucking stupid, imo. I'm sure the people at blizzard know Metzen a fuck of a lot better than the OP of this does.
    What, you think the statue was made entirely for Metzen? That's cute.

the only thing thats stupid is the baby winston. he should be holding a murloc's hand or something Warcraft related. Its fashioned after disney's statue. He is holding Mickeys hand because Mickey is pretty much THE character of disney. Winston is not the character of Blizzard. Hell, Tracer is more popular than Winston is.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Am I the only one distrubed by the fact his statue is wearing SLIPPERS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he's probably tickled that he gets a statue.

The statue is pointing at something in the distance. Oh i see now its the gaming company metzen is starting because he's tired of activision calling the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    the only thing thats stupid is the baby winston. he should be holding a murloc's hand or something Warcraft related. Its fashioned after disney's statue. He is holding Mickeys hand because Mickey is pretty much THE character of disney. Winston is not the character of Blizzard. Hell, Tracer is more popular than Winston is.
    Tracer is hot, not cute. It doesn't work as well.

A murloc wouldn't represent Blizzard, it'd represent WoW. Let's remember that this statue is only in minority for the remembrance of Chris Metzen.

I thought Metzen voice acted Varian as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Maybe they don't like him, and are insinuating hes an ally loving monkey fucker.

Mods favoring traffic over quality as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm a bit puzzled by the statue aswel.. an Alliance shirt? Why not just a Warcraft shirt in general.

And why Winston? Overwatch is so new it doesn't even compare in legacy to the other giants of Blizzard.

Oh well, I like the laid back look they gave him that's so Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    She's both?
    She's neither. Annoying as fuck is what she is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    I thought Metzen voice acted Varian as well...
    Thrall, Varian, Winston (obviously monkey fanboi amirite) :P

As far as I know he will still be working for Blizzard as a VO.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call him "an orc fanboy", he is the voice of Thrall, not a fan of him. He *is* Thrall. Alliance shirt doesn't fit. Also, I know Overwatch is his latest project [right?], but I would think for his statue a different character would have been better. How many years has he spent involving Warcraft, compared to years spent on Overwatch? I know its obvious that its <1 year with OW, that's my point.

Does anyone know if he also voice-acted for Thrall during WC III? If so, he predates that as his character over Winston and Varian.

I agree, it should've been Thrall instead of Winston and having them make out.

Nice gesture but agree with others here an old school Warcraft logo shirt and something like a murloc would've been more appropriate.

I doubt Chris himself cares much either way.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Thrall, Varian, Winston (obviously monkey fanboi amirite) :P

As far as I know he will still be working for Blizzard as a VO.
    He doesn't do Winston's voice. Winston's VA is the same guy who did Maraad in WoD though (and still does a bunch of other voices). Pretty sure Metzen also did Vol'jin though.

In response to the OP: good thing the statue's not for you then, huh?