Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Email shows fed immigration push to swear in new citizens 'due to election'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...-election.html

An internal Obama administration email shows immigration officials may be literally working overtime to swear in as many new “citizen voters” as possible before the Nov. 8 presidential election, a powerful lawmaker charged Thursday.

The email, from a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services field office chief and part of a chain of correspondence within the agency, urges the unnamed recipient to swear in as many citizens as possible “due to the election year.”

“The Field Office due to the election year needs to process as many of their N-400 cases as possible between now and FY 2016,” reads the email, which was disclosed to FoxNews.com by Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., who chairs the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

“If you have cases in this category or other pending, you are encouraged to take advantage of the OT if you can,” the email continues. “This will be an opportunity to move your pending naturalization cases. If you have not volunteered for OT, please consider and let me know if you are interested.”

Parts of the email were redacted before it was disclosed to FoxNews.com, but it was sent by the branch chief of the Houston Field Office District 17. It was not clear to whom it was addressed.

“I couldn’t have said it better!” reads the July 21 note introducing the forwarded missive. “It’s the end of the year crunch time, so let’s get crunchy! Go Team Houston! Thanks for all your hard work!”

Johnson and Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, in a Wednesday letter to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, said it appears the agency is trying to swear in new citizens as the election between Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton and GOP choice Donald Trump approaches.

“Your department seems intent on approving as many naturalization cases as quickly as possible at a time when it should instead be putting on the brakes and reviewing past adjudications,” the senator’s letter read.

Johnson referred to a report this week from the Department of Homeland Security’s Inspector General that found at least 858 people from terror hotspots and other countries of concern had been mistakenly granted citizenship despite facing orders of deportation under other identities.

"In the pursuit of a partisan advantage, one party has decided integrity in the system is irrelevant," Stein said. "They don’t really care about checking backgrounds or verifying status and eligibility – it is more about increasing the number of eligible voters in the upcoming election."
    Disgusting.

Flood the country with as many people (nearly always minorities) as possible for the sole reason of treating them like human voter cattle to be driven to the market and then pinned up in the permanent underclass until the next election.'

You want to talk about the institutionalized mistreatment of easily exploitable peoples; aka racism?

You're witnessing it!
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Disgusting.

Flood the country with as many people (nearly always minorities) as possible for the sole reason of treating them like human voter cattle to be driven to the market and then pinned up in the permanent underclass until the next election.'

You want to talk about the institutionalized mistreatment of easily exploitable peoples; aka racism?

You're witnessing it!
    It's a good thing the source isn't from some horrible "news" agency that redefined partisan reporting and couldn't be more biased or idiotic if they tried. Whew.

Good, that's what freedom is all about. However, I do enjoy watching fake conservative rail on and on against freedom.

considering it took me almost 10 years to become a citizen...good

i hope more people achieve their dream

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Good, that's what freedom is all about. However, I do enjoy watching fake conservative rail on and on against freedom.
    If this is what freedom is then gerrymandering districts around so their votes get nullified is also "freedom".

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's a good thing the source isn't from some horrible "news" agency that redefined partisan reporting and couldn't be more biased or idiotic if they tried. Whew.
    Source shaming is the weak mans shield.

You know this is racist, you know this is corrupt, but since "your side" is benefiting from it you will ignore it.

Except you cant ignore it, you see other people are realizing it to and so you have to comment.
    MAGA

Disgusting.
    Helping legal migrants going through the process become citizens is "disgusting"? Really?

I see nothing in the article that indicates a political motivation on behalf of the administration. No references or evidence to suggest that they are pushing them to vote for one party or candidate over another.

You're witnessing it!
    So, getting folks going through the legal process to become citizens and making a push to do so before the elections so that they'll be able to get a say in who will be president for the next four years they are living in the US is "institutionalized mistreatment of easily exploitable peoples"?

So are we turning what is essentially a non-issue into a part of a vast conspiracy theory again? Can we start getting the folks that believe this shit to actually wear tinfoil in public so we know not to treat them seriously? That would be nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Toppest of keks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have little problem with this. When these people are going to become citizens ANYWAYS, I think its good to bring them in so they can take part in their first election ASAP.

They should likely slow down if the people are from a "hotspot" of troubles, but otherwise there's no issue.

Ive dated a few immigrnats turned citizens. I certainly know they dont like to be lambasted like this, as if they are some problematic horde.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    considering it took me almost 10 years to become a citizen...good

i hope more people achieve their dream
    Is there dream being fast walked through a process with serious national security vulnerabilities then pointed towards the welfare office and the polling place?

Was that your dream? I doubt it was.
    MAGA

10+ Year Old Account
    "My grandfather didn't immigrate to this country just to have his job taken by a bunch of immigrants!"
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason this is a story is because people (Conservatives...Conservatives who fear it will play against them) is because people think it means illegal immigrants. Expediting people who are near the end of becoming a citizen so they can experience voting in this presidential election instead of having to wait 4 years is awesome. Why not try to give them a chance to participate in the process?

The bottom half of the story is just partisan nonsense.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Since the email specifically cites the election as a key consideration it shows in a nutshell what their focus is. It's not about naturalizing people under the premise of finally letting them realize their dream of being an American citizen it's about getting them registered and able for the election, and since it's the Obama administration let's not play around with any idea that they want them to vote their conscience, they want them to vote Democrat.

The Tammany Hall approach but since it's the 'poor immigrants' there'll be lots of sucker prone sympathy helping to provide political cover for this. You already see it in this thread, and you'll see it elsewhere.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Since the email specifically cites the election as a key consideration it shows in a nutshell what their focus is. It's not about naturalizing people under the premise of finally letting them realize their dream of being an American citizen it's about getting them registered and able for the election, and since it's the Obama administration let's not play around with any idea that they want them to vote their conscience, they want them to vote Democrat.

The Tammany Hall approach but since it's the 'poor immigrants' there'll be lots of sucker prone sympathy helping to provide political cover for this. You already see it in this thread, and you'll see it elsewhere.
    God forbid people that will become citizens anyways are able to participate in their first Presidential election ASAP as opposed to 4 years from now.

A citizen is a citizen, whether they become one in 1 month from now or a year form now.

Its no different than voter registration drives and organizing citizens into getting the vote out.

Is there dream being fast walked through a process with serious national security vulnerabilities then pointed towards the welfare office and the polling place?

Was that your dream? I doubt it was.
    did you mean their?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    God forbid people that will become citizens anyways are able to participate in their first Presidential election ASAP as opposed to 4 years from now.

A citizen is a citizen, whether they become one in 1 month from now or a year form now.

Its no different than voter registration drives and organizing citizens into getting the vote out.
    But it's DRASTICALLY important that they get into this cycle.

I'm not against speeding up the process. Just that there is no way this out of goodwill and not trying to maximize votes. Which is kinda funny in the shadow of people pretending to give a shit about voter fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Helping legal migrants going through the process become citizens is "disgusting"? Really?

I see nothing in the article that indicates a political motivation on behalf of the administration. No references or evidence to suggest that they are pushing them to vote for one party or candidate over another.
    Treating minorities like heads of human voter cattle is disgusting. I should know.

As for motivation, cmonnnnn, they said they're doing it for the election.

And whats the party affiliation of the WH and Houston?
    MAGA

God forbid we have anything akin to gerrymandering done under the premise of naturalization. As Dextroden said there's no way this is being done out of normal goodwill, this is a political calculated effort and one that were this a Republican led effort, as in the aforementioned example of gerrymandering people would be going fucking apeshit.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    But it's DRASTICALLY important that they get into this cycle.

I'm not against speeding up the process. Just that there is no way this out of goodwill and not trying to maximize votes. Which is kinda funny in the shadow of people pretending to give a shit about voter fraud.
    The motivations really shouldn't matter when both parties do this, its legal, and these people will be voting anyways legally whether its this year or 4 years form now. Its just another scare tactic against those not born here / the opposite political party.

I don't see too many people bash voter registration drives, which are pretty much the same thing in this context except the voters are already citizens. So really, this just smells of concern trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    God forbid we have anything akin to gerrymandering done under the premise of naturalization. As Dextroden said there's no way this is being done out of normal goodwill, this is a political calculated effort and one that were this a Republican led effort, as in the aforementioned example of gerrymandering people would be going fucking apeshit.
    and as I just posted, its not any different than voter registration drives. This is a bunch of bullcrap hooplah, combined with a fear of immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoloco View Post
    did you mean their?
    Ugg, yes, but did you just pull a spell check on me in order to avoid answering my question?
    MAGA

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it's the intelligent man's tool - but don't worry about it - you have bigger problems.

You know this is racist, you know this is corrupt, but since "your side" is benefiting from it you will ignore it.

Except you cant ignore it, you see other people are realizing it to and so you have to comment.
    Considering the source, I don't actually know much at all about it - and any information I do receive from your critically acclaimed source is always consumed with a grain of salt. Some people consider themselves dumber after listening to or reading from Faux "News".

and as I just posted, its not any different than voter registration drives. This is a bunch of bullcrap hooplah, combined with a fear of immigrants.
    Its vastly different.

And the national security issue adds a whole new layer of concern to the problem.
    MAGA