thinking to invest on obliterums

I have a lot silk andi got like 3-4 imbued silkweave items , i can create another 9 imbued silkweave items , how many obliterums will i get if i break those items? will be enough to justify learning that skill?

For Leatherworkers, Tailors and Blacksmiths
    715-795 crafted gear = 2-3 Obliterum Ash

815 crafted gear (no Blood of Sargeras) = 10-20 Obliterum Ash

815 crafted gear (2x Blood of Sargeras) = 15-25 Obliterum Ash (more for the expensive recipes with rare reagents)

So 9 imbued silkweave items obliterated with 2x bloods will net you 1.5-2 Obliterum.

I don't know how your server is looking, but here Obliterum prices took a dump when raiding and the overall ilvl cap got increased, should've boarded the Obliterum train earlier
    Last edited by Caelia; 2016-09-23 at 06:47 AM.

Deleted
    From now on, Obliterum can just go down, as literally everyone can get way better items from raids / mythic+ now.
    If blizzard doesn't give us another use for it, Obliterum is pretty much useless now

I got 120 from breaking one dk neck I made on my Jc not sure if it's the same for cloth stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by One-Of-Many View Post
    From now on, Obliterum can just go down, as literally everyone can get way better items from raids / mythic+ now.
    If blizzard doesn't give us another use for it, Obliterum is pretty much useless now
    Like with previous crafted items, they plan to increase the limits later on, likley when nighthold arrives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuya View Post
    Like with previous crafted items, they plan to increase the limits later on, likley when nighthold arrives.
    But right now, nobody can tell if you still use obliterum, or if there will be other ways to upgrade.

Deleted
    Obliterum won't die anytime soon.At some point they will upgrade crafted to 10/10 etc

It worthed the effort after all because i had a lot of blood of sargeras saved up and alot of silk , i made around 36k gold and im waiting for another 16k and well i have the skill too... but since i have zero blood now im thinking to drop tailoring and go for a mining jc combo or mining/herb combo

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    It worthed the effort after all because i had a lot of blood of sargeras saved up and alot of silk , i made around 36k gold and im waiting for another 16k and well i have the skill too... but since i have zero blood now im thinking to drop tailoring and go for a mining jc combo or mining/herb combo
    I made 36K gold selling WoD craftables (well, just a 705 bow) cuz felblights are dirty cheap and the mats are free.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Tailoring helms/chest/legs break down to 50-70 ash... the middle pieces (shoulders, boots, etc)...25-40... the small pieces (bracers, gloves) breaks down to even less.

Be careful choosing... While the large pieces take some rare items, they also tend to used a lot less of another mat... i.e. Pants take 8 Imbued Silkweave.. while gloves take like 55....

For me... I'd look at the big 3 (helm/chest/legs)... and craft the "cheapest" one over and over.. be aware of what perfect stats people are looking for in tht item and sell just those pieces in the AH... Obliterate the rest.

I'm thinking in investing in pumpkin futures. They've been going up steadily in September and I bet they are gonna peak in February!

Quote Originally Posted by Caelia View Post
    For Leatherworkers, Tailors and Blacksmiths
    715-795 crafted gear = 2-3 Obliterum Ash

815 crafted gear (no Blood of Sargeras) = 10-20 Obliterum Ash

815 crafted gear (2x Blood of Sargeras) = 15-25 Obliterum Ash (more for the expensive recipes with rare reagents)

So 9 imbued silkweave items obliterated with 2x bloods will net you 1.5-2 Obliterum.

I don't know how your server is looking, but here Obliterum prices took a dump when raiding and the overall ilvl cap got increased, should've boarded the Obliterum train earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Tailoring helms/chest/legs break down to 50-70 ash... the middle pieces (shoulders, boots, etc)...25-40... the small pieces (bracers, gloves) breaks down to even less.

Be careful choosing... While the large pieces take some rare items, they also tend to used a lot less of another mat... i.e. Pants take 8 Imbued Silkweave.. while gloves take like 55....

For me... I'd look at the big 3 (helm/chest/legs)... and craft the "cheapest" one over and over.. be aware of what perfect stats people are looking for in tht item and sell just those pieces in the AH... Obliterate the rest.
    we have two conflicting posts here , which one is true? if pants do indeed break into 50+ ash then that sound good , i can drop enchanting for herb to farm the felwurts and bloods even though i think that if it comes to this then alchemy would be a better pair but im bored as hell to do all the quests chain again

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    we have two conflicting posts here , which one is true? if pants do indeed break into 50+ ash then that sound good , i can drop enchanting for herb to farm the felwurts and bloods even though i think that if it comes to this then alchemy would be a better pair but im bored as hell to do all the quests chain again

I did a post of the forge in beta... it's still giving the same amount of ash...

Here I obliterated 2 pairs of pants:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41221641

The first pair Obliterated into 70 ash... the second only 52... LOVE that rng! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I did a post of the forge in beta... it's still giving the same amount of ash...

Here I obliterated 2 pairs of pants:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post41221641

The first pair Obliterated into 70 ash... the second only 52... LOVE that rng! <3

Yes you are right , i tested it yesterday and made between 49-70 , pants is the least expensive from the big ones but those felwort hurt.