Windows 10 update ruined my laptop, help?

Did anyone else just get a forced update? What resulted was my screen becoming permanently brighter and having a slight blue hue.

I don't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Did anyone else just get a forced update? What resulted was my screen becoming permanently brighter and having a slight blue hue.

I don't know what to do.
    reinstall windows 8.1 or 7

There was some lady who sued over a forced update and won. Not sure if there's an appeal or what but you should be able to google the article.

I'm happy with Windows 10.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    There was some lady who sued over a forced update and won. Not sure if there's an appeal or what but you should be able to google the article.

I'm happy with Windows 10.
    I mean, I was just playing League and out of fucking nowhere the PC shutdown for updates and my screen got brighter to where it hurts my eyes and I can't lower it without it being no less worse.

Why?

I mean, I was just playing League and out of fucking nowhere the PC shutdown for updates and my screen got brighter to where it hurts my eyes and I can't lower it without it being no less worse.

Why?
    W7 preset might not be the same as W10. Takes 5sec to change screen brightness man, why even bother make a thread..
    Case: Corsair 750D MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z170 MARK1 CPU: i7 6700K (4.7GHz) CPU Cooling: Corsair H115i
    PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 750W Platinum GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti Classified 6GB SSD1: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro
    SSD2: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro RAM: Corsair 32GB DOMINATOR Monitor: Asus 27" VG278H 120Hz

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know what to do.
    Have you tried f.lux?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I love W10. I hate W10 updates.

It probably just changed the brightness slider "by mistake" *coughcough*
    Either google your laptop name/brand/number + brightness or contact the company they'll tell you exactly how to proceed.

Oh and yeah, fuck windows 10 update >_>
    Look, windows, i like you, but stop re-installing skype every fucking time there is a major update ffs

i would be happy if that shit happened to me actually. my god damn screen is too dark even in the brightest.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Why?
    Sounds like after installing the drivers it never set the registry flag to let the brightness controls work so it's just running maxed out, do you know if it's an AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPU?