Deleted

Is Aftershocks worth picking up?

Hey there,

I have read lately that Aftershocks is... bugged maybe? Doing no damage at all or very little damage, cannot proc Flame Patch, etc..
    Anyone around that picked it and knows if its working properly or not? and if it is.. does it change Flamestrike at all? Does it make flamestrike worth using with less targets or something?

Thanks

They say second flamestrike does 25% of normal flamestrike dmg, if that's true i'm going to pick reignition overdrive and blast furnace once i have filled burning gaze...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    "Flamestrike calls down 1 additional pillar of fire each time it is cast."

Can't answer those questions but I'd just like to point out that the wording used in the tooltip can be interpreted in two ways. Most people (including myself initially ) assumes it means you get double flamestrike. But that's not necessarily the case given the wording. Tl;dr: might be intended that it doesn't proc flamepatch.
    Last edited by mmoc535c769ea1; 2016-09-23 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by archtme View Post
    "Flamestrike calls down 1 additional pillar of fire each time it is cast."

Can't answer those questions but I'd just like to point out that the wording used in the tooltip can be interpreted in two ways. Most people (including myself initially ) assumes it means you get double flamestrike. But that's not necessarily the case given the wording. Tl;dr: might be intended that it doesn't proc flamepatch.
    There is no use arguing over the wording. We KNOW how it works, from testing. The wording is misleading, as it's not "a second Flamestrike" but an effect similar to Flamestrike, but with different interactions and a different name. Currently the damage it deals is pitiful, and this might just be the single worst trait to pick.

It is absolutely not worth taking. The damage is pitiful, not even half the damage of Flamestrike, doesn't proc Flame Patch, I'm not sure on its interaction with ignite (does it get the double ignite damage from Hot streak for example), and just in general is something to avoid. Unless you're fighting a big pack of ~9 mobs you shouldn't be using Flamestrike regardless.
    Call me Cassandra

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    It is absolutely not worth taking. The damage is pitiful, not even half the damage of Flamestrike, doesn't proc Flame Patch, I'm not sure on its interaction with ignite (does it get the double ignite damage from Hot streak for example), and just in general is something to avoid. Unless you're fighting a big pack of ~9 mobs you shouldn't be using Flamestrike regardless.
    Ok so reignition overdrive and blast furnace after burning gaze
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Ok so reignition overdrive and blast furnace after burning gaze
    I would say so, yes.