Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you buy mats for 10k and craft something worth 20k with those mats you made 10k gold minus auction house cut of 20k. So 9k gold profit from crafting that item.

My guild forced me to enchant my 845 neck for hc nightmare for about 30k worth of mats -.-'

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    If you buy mats for 10k and craft something worth 20k with those mats you made 10k gold minus auction house cut of 20k. So 9k gold profit from crafting that item.
    if you dont sell the item, you just spent 10k gold. im really not sure where youre getting any amount of profit from. holy crud, lol. thats screenshot worthy logic.

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    youre still just missing the point because youre hung up on the 20k. the number doesnt matter.
    What exactly do you think the word "worth" means? The OP asked if it was worth it. Either he's asking if it's worth it to buy or farm the mats. Either way it's worth 20k because those mats sell for that much, equating to them being worth that much. If he uses those mats, he is spending 20k in mats to make the enchant.

The value of time is one of the most simple concepts to understand in economics.

- - - Updated - - -

if you dont sell the item, you just spent 10k gold. im really not sure where youre getting any amount of profit from. holy crud, lol. thats screenshot worthy logic.
    He's saying you would buy the mats for 10k and make them into an enchant and sell it for 20k. Yes, you would profit ~9k, but you would not have the enchant anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    What exactly do you think the word "worth" means? The OP asked if it was worth it. Either he's asking if it's worth it to buy or farm the mats. Either way it's worth 20k because those mats sell for that much, equating to them being worth that much. If he uses those mats, he is spending 20k in mats to make the enchant.

The value of time is one of the most simple concepts to understand in economics.

- - - Updated - - -

He's saying you would buy the mats for 10k and make them into an enchant and sell it for 20k. Yes, you would profit ~9k, but you would not have the enchant anymore.
    no one was talking about selling an enchant. everyone is talking about the materials for equipping it. so his comment was irrelivant if thats the case.

and to the first part, its almost as if i said that exact same thing 10 times on the first page. my point is that it doesnt matter if the enchant costs 200 gold, 20k gold, or 2 million gold to craft. the logic applies no matter what the number is.

no one was talking about selling an enchant. everyone is talking about the materials for equipping it. so his comment was irrelivant if thats the case.

and to the first part, its almost as if i said that exact same thing 10 times on the first page. my point is that it doesnt matter if the enchant costs 200 gold, 20k gold, or 2 million gold to craft. the logic applies no matter what the number is.
    His point was irrelevant, but you interpreted it wrong. It would be easier to understand what you're trying to say if you typed with correct grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    His point was irrelevant, but you interpreted it wrong. It would be easier to understand what you're trying to say if you typed with correct grammar.
    everyone else seems to understand what im saying so maybe it's your problem. theres nothing glaringly wrong with my grammar. welcome to an internet forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maged View Post
    I disagree here. If I spend my mats, that I've gathered from quests, heroics, mythics, on an enchant then it cost me literally nothing.
    If I buy those mats then it cost me whatever the cost was.
    Its a loss of profit but it's not a deficit so it costs nothing.
    Opportunity cost is a thing. Either way he's 20k poorer than he'd be without the enchant.