Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should fistweaving be its own, 4th spec?

It could be modeled after the crane chi'ji and be a healing spec similar to discipline

I'd like it just for because it'd complete the 4 celestials... Just like I'd like an Earth focused spec for Shaman.

But, yeah, I'd like to see Fistweaving. It probably has enough room to be a unique playstyle and not have a ton of overlap with Mistweaver, or any other healing spec for that matter.

That'd be interesting. And, probably a ton of fun also if done right. I think of the Disciple from Vanguard. Melee combatant who heals. So much fun. One of the funnest classes Ive ever played in an MMO for that matter.

They need to fix up and add any kind of crane monk spec. Same with earth for shamans. Makes the class feel incomplete without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally think the removal of fistweaving was a huge slap to the face of monks. it was the most fun thing I have ever done in a game and was designed Perfectly for balancing (ie already set around %, so to raise lower healing, they can just adjust the %). I think current mist-weaving is just a boring take on what WoW monks should be doing when not fighting... Meditation.

I would like to see this, my only hesitation is I wouldn't mind a ranged dps spec with the theme of jade lightning for Monks but that is fairly pie in the sky so I am okay with either.

I think a number of classes have room for a possible 4th spec but blizz doesn't seem excited to add more. At the last blizzcon they were saying they regret giving some classes more than 2. But Shaman could definitely fit a 4th for tank. Warrior could get glad as a spec. I have heard people ask for Priest to have a Holy DPS spec. And I could see a Mage Spellbreaker.

Again I like these but don't hold your breath. Blizz is getting closer to not adding any extra specs then more sadly.

15+ Year Old Account
    What exactly was fistweaving before Legion?

Now you can at least get some mana regen from doing the melee-ish spec, and there's the PVP talent that gives you snare and root immunity for 15 seconds and 200% (or 300?) of your damage done is converted to aoe healing around you, on 45 sec cooldown. That seems pretty neat.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    I would also love to see FW as a 4th spec, if only so that I can just completely forget about it and never have to consider it again. Yes, FW no longer exists in the same form as it used to in the past, but we still have talents, artifact traits and legendaries that promote the 'do damage, gain benefit' play style. Its rubbish and needs to be abolished so we can concentrate on pure healing. This is personal opinion kiddies, don't panic

This is objectively a good idea. It takes a core playstyle which a percentage of a class enjoy and helps create a clear vision for it; the exact thing that happened with the Feral > Guardian change. I rolled my monk because of the promise of Melee DPS = Healing. I've invested too much in rep, achievements, and class research to change now. This isn't a simple "I miss old monk" but instead "I miss what I was sold on and invested into."

I'd like to see a mix of monk abilities to make Hopebringer(!?). Chi-Ji's themes are Encouragement, Songs, and Hope
    - Cleave AoE damage providing healing on 20-40 sec cd
    - Instant Vivify proc
    - Soothing Mist allowing for damaging abilities while channeling + large targeted increase to eminence
    - 3 min single target healing CD (old touch death!)
    - REM's provide 2-4 targets with their own stagger (15-30%?)
    - raid wide stagger healer utility (zen mediation / inspiring song)

These put together would make fast paced dungeon healer while providing some raid utility.

My heart says yes cause it'd be cool

My brain says no everytime I see a disc priest playing, wether he's good or not

I have stopped playing for awhile, but they removed completely fistweaving?

It's not even viable in heroic dungeons?

(I have been out of the loop for awhile, been thinking to returning though)

7+ Year Old Account
    Id like this... FWing in SoO was awesome for me at least... once WoD happened, it was all down hill for FWing. I think a fourth spec centered around Chi-Ji would be cool. Just like Shaman Tanks (earth) hint hint blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Apokavkos View Post
    This is objectively a good idea. It takes a core playstyle which a percentage of a class enjoy and helps create a clear vision for it; the exact thing that happened with the Feral > Guardian change. I rolled my monk because of the promise of Melee DPS = Healing. I've invested too much in rep, achievements, and class research to change now. This isn't a simple "I miss old monk" but instead "I miss what I was sold on and invested into."

I'd like to see a mix of monk abilities to make Hopebringer(!?). Chi-Ji's themes are Encouragement, Songs, and Hope
    - Cleave AoE damage providing healing on 20-40 sec cd
    - Instant Vivify proc
    - Soothing Mist allowing for damaging abilities while channeling + large targeted increase to eminence
    - 3 min single target healing CD (old touch death!)
    - REM's provide 2-4 targets with their own stagger (15-30%?)
    - raid wide stagger healer utility (zen mediation / inspiring song)

These put together would make fast paced dungeon healer while providing some raid utility.
    i like the idea of bringing back some of the old BrM mechanics in a healer spec. Applied stagger, perhaps a cooldown based 100% purify, and the return of Guard, to make a healer that mixes great utility with decent damage. I think new specs could be a great addition to the game in lieu of new classes in the future.

Also, Earth Shaman...tank. Please let it happen, Blizzard. Oh god please.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really enjoy a FW 4th spec. It seems like fustweaving takes a backseat to casterweaving due to possible OP interactions. Both could be balanced accordingly and be viable seperatly. Plus I enjoy the min max play style if FW and I'm patiently waiting for the legendary to make it "viable".

I had an idea about a healer who didnt use mana. Perhaps a possible resource could be called "Spirit".

Like Runic Power, all your basic abilities generate spirit. Unlike runic power, your Spirit spenders will use all available spirit to bolster the spell's effectiveness.

A rough example kit could be
    Passive: Heal nearby allies 50% of the damage dealt
    Chi Kick: Generate 25 Spirit, High damage 6 second CD
    Chi Punch: Genrate 10 Spirit, Moderate damage no CD
    Soothing Presence: Cost Spirit, Large AoE heal near caster, increase damage done. The more spirit spent, the bigger the heal and damage increase.

Basically the gameplay would be about generating spirit choosing when to use it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    I had an idea about a healer who didnt use mana. Perhaps a possible resource could be called "Spirit".

Like Runic Power, all your basic abilities generate spirit. Unlike runic power, your Spirit spenders will use all available spirit to bolster the spell's effectiveness.

A rough example kit could be
    Passive: Heal nearby allies 50% of the damage dealt
    Chi Kick: Generate 25 Spirit, High damage 6 second CD
    Chi Punch: Genrate 10 Spirit, Moderate damage no CD
    Soothing Presence: Cost Spirit, Large AoE heal near caster, increase damage done. The more spirit spent, the bigger the heal and damage increase.

Basically the gameplay would be about generating spirit choosing when to use it all.
    As interesting as the idea is, Blizzard will never implement a heal spec that doesn't use mana, or some other finite resource.

Healing is all about producing as much healing as you can to the raid and end that fight as close to 0 mana without reaching that point in the fight itself. It's what gives healing a challenge, to heal while balancing the costs of the heal spells.

It's why mistweavers were given mana instead of energy. I'm sure the dev's toyed around with MW having energy, but had a difficult time balancing it.

Edit: I completely forgot to comment on the original topic. I completely agree with adding FW back into the game as a dps'ing heal spec. It's what brought me to the class, kept me through all of MoP, but about 1 month into BRF I quit healing on my monk because I no longer enjoyed it.

This expac I've been playing disc and having a blast with it in 5mans, not so much in raid, though, and my raid lead convinced me to pick up my monk again for EN.
    Last edited by Mantipper; 2016-09-27 at 09:07 AM.

To be honest if Monk ever got a 4th spec I would like a ranged caster DPS. Something focused around Chi and the celestials, etc. Even making some of the current spells base line and do more damage and you're on your way to a ranged DPS spec. Chi Wave, CJL, Fire Blossom, Chi Burst, RJW, Chi Orbit maybe Xuen as a permanent pet like water elemental. With low monk usage I doubt they'd ever turn to us to help with the dearth of RDPS but it would be cool!

No, because that would just make two very weak specs IMO.

A 4th spec of the lowest played class in the game would get even less attention than the Brewmaster, which seems to have been completely forgotten already.

while I would love to see fistweaving make a return, it won't happen because it would be treading all over Disc Priests "healing through damage" identity, which since Legion is all about differentiating the class/spec identities I doubt they would consider it without massive outcry for it's return, which let's face it, isn't going to happen for a monk spec, we would probably see survival hunter turn into a ranged spec again before a Fistweaving 4th spec

I'd have the perfect chi-ji themed mog for that.