Void bolt question, how many?

Hello I'm trying to give my friend advice on his priest because his damage is way lower then it should be. Iv gone through pretty much everything with him and I think it's comming down to not casting voidbolt enough. My question for all of you, if you have the data available, is how many voidbolts do you get out per mythic run/boss? I know it will vary from dungeon/boss but I'm just trying to get a gauge of an average. Specced S2M. Iv heard polar opposite numbers from random people iv whispered so I'm turning to you guys, thanks!

You should be spamming VB on CD. Should be your number 1 priority in VF generally. I would link my logs, but as I am still but a new member to the site i can't post links (also I have legendary wrists which inflates my VB damage a bit from what others would have).

Quote Originally Posted by bruissen View Post
    You should be spamming VB on CD. Should be your number 1 priority in VF generally. I would link my logs, but as I am still but a new member to the site i can't post links (also I have legendary wrists which inflates my VB damage a bit from what others would have).
    Because the cd scales with haste and your haste is constantly in flux its almost impossible to just give a number or even a number/sec of voidform.

The simple thing is that it should be used on cd.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Let me give an example. The last boss of black took hold mythic, which took 3:58 seconds for us including where he shoots the beam around, he casted 6. Specced surrender to madness for burn after beams. 74 total VBs for the whole dungeon. What does that sound like to you guys?

It's a 3s cd base once you enter VF, if he's only casting 6 on a fight, when you can get at least that many in for a single VF session, he's simply ignoring that button which is bad.

That's what I thought was going on lol. Thanks for the input, if anyone has any other logs/recount/input it would be appreciated. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Remind him that Void Bolt refreshes his dots on the target. Not only does it hit hard but using VB leaves only a few other buttons to fill with since you don't have to refresh dots. (Mind Blast, SW: D, Void Torrent, Mind Flay)

Deleted
    You should be pressing void bolt every 3rd GCD in voidform. Its your highest priority spell when its available.

Only exception is when you get a ridiculously high amount of haste. Then you press it every 2nd GCD. Or, if you're on the construct boss in Arcway with 8 stacks of the haste field, every GCD.