Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are buffs no longer a thing?

Haven't played in a while before Legion. But one thing that just hit me is, like no one is buffing or asking for buffs in raids/groups.

Did they like, remove buffs from the game? Or did they just like completely change it?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Haven't played in a while before Legion. But one thing that just hit me is, like no one is buffing or asking for buffs in raids/groups.

Did they like, remove buffs from the game? Or did they just like completely change it?
    Its more along the lines of they are automatically applied if you are grouped with a class that can provide a given buff.

They removed them because they became just trivial and pointless when they homogeneized them, they became just an incentive to bring some class diversity to raids
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. All 'long duration' buffs have been removed from the game, except Greater Blessings. Greater Blessings are now restricted only to Retribution Paladins, and they may only have three active at a time. Typically a Ret will put out three copies of Blessing of Might, since it offers a 3% damage boost to the targetted player-- Wisdom and Kings are nearly worthless.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Yes. All 'long duration' buffs have been removed from the game, except Greater Blessings. Greater Blessings are now restricted only to Retribution Paladins, and they may only have three active at a time. Typically a Ret will put out three copies of Blessing of Might, since it offers a 3% damage boost to the targetted player-- Wisdom and Kings are nearly worthless.
    TBH, I really hate this. Mainly because our other two buffs are basically useless. It should be that Rets have the might buff auto-applied by default, and to the entire group, and Holy should do the HP/Mana one, and Prot should do the other one in the same way. Plus, also, with all the revamps to how buffs are handled, rets still having this is entirely wonky and out of place. It's like a slap dash patch they did to the class and just said "Uhhh.... UTILITY!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have not got used to not giving everyone Arcane Intellect on my mage that I have been playing for 11 years.

Feels weird. I miss buffing myself molten armor and giving out intellect... I can see why they changed it, it makes sense, but still... It makes me feel so empty lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Correct, a neccessary step in balancing Mythic+ progression sadly. One thing that I much prefer from the Classic days is buff management but I totally understand why it has no place in the game now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

No because casuals complain that too much effort was needed to rebuff the whole group after a wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of miss running into someone out in the world and being friendly and giving them an hour long buff. I reckon some people would look at that buff for the next hour or so and be like, hey that was cool of them. a random act of kindness if you will...
    Hi

Deleted
    There are some but not many.

"class fantasy"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    No because casuals complain that too much effort was needed to rebuff the whole group after a wipe.
    This is complete nonsense. You can't just blame everything on casuals.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good riddance. It was either annoying buff management minigame back when they were group limited, or something you pretty much casted automatically. It was also annoying for smaller raids, who could be missing some important buffs because they didn't have some more obscure specs.
    But yes, keep telling yourself it's all casuals fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    I kind of miss running into someone out in the world and being friendly and giving them an hour long buff. I reckon some people would look at that buff for the next hour or so and be like, hey that was cool of them. a random act of kindness if you will...
    This. This is why I miss buffs the most. But that being said, I can definitely do without the hassle in groups.

One thing I noticed while running EN this week....didn't have to buff a person after a battle res. That was kinda nice. Just res and continue pew pewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    TBH, I really hate this. Mainly because our other two buffs are basically useless. It should be that Rets have the might buff auto-applied by default, and to the entire group, and Holy should do the HP/Mana one, and Prot should do the other one in the same way. Plus, also, with all the revamps to how buffs are handled, rets still having this is entirely wonky and out of place. It's like a slap dash patch they did to the class and just said "Uhhh.... UTILITY!"
    I feel like their intent was to bring back the flavor of when Paladins were a legitimate support class in Vanilla, but instead they just ended up with something stupid, like Paladins in Vanilla.

I really miss buffs. Given the push to add more flavour and uniqueness to classes this expansion, the loss of buffs feels like it was a real detriment in this regard.

Yep, the casuals who never did group content demanded that buffs be removed because too much effort was needed to rebuff the whole group after a wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have read these forums near daily for six years and I have never once heard anyone complain about that.

The problem was balancing raid content around buffs, especially since normal and heroic use adaptive raid sizing.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, not entirely... Ret still has to deal with the horridly designed bullshit that is Greater Blessings.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.