Alliance Need Suggestions for a 2nd Build!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys i just got a raised budget and need some help.
    Budget went from 700-900 to 1500-1900 dollars.
    did some digging at new egg and found this bundle would like to know your guys input and my dad wants to do some Liquid cooling so your thoughts on that would be great.

newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.3020918

Games / Settings Desired
    • WoW on max Settings mainly play this one
    • some other steam games on max
    • Overwatch at some point at max settings

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Possibly Stream since ill have a dual monitor setup if not oh well

Country US

Generally not a fan of liquid cooling for various reasons (main one being, mainstream chips arent hot enough these days to warrant the use of one). That said if you do go with an AiO corsair has the best warranty and support in case bad stuff happens.

Kinda confused on the link you gave, you said you had a raised budget but linked a 700 dollar build.

This is about all you need to spend for a high end gaming rig:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($98.98 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING 3X ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($127.98 @ B&H)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($75.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ B&H)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.71 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB SC GAMING Video Card ($404.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($78.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $1348.60
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-23 21:33 EDT-0400

Just remember WoW isnt optimized that well, even this rig will get stuttering at max settings in certain spots in the game. Also what i would personally do is get rid of the HDD altogether and get a single large SSD for the system,
    http://pcpartpicker.com/product/bh38...t1050mx300ssd1

If 1.1 tb is enough for him i would go that route.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-09-24 at 01:41 AM.

well the 700 dollar build will give me a good starting point. I mean its still missing the graphics card inside it. the GTX 1070 runs about 400$ more onto the 700$ build. Plus it gives room for other upgraded parts or for ones that were not inculded like the OS. It also gives room for keyboard and mouse. But im trying to figure out a way to explain to my dad that now adays you dont need liquid cooling but hes dead set that everyone runs liquid cool to be able to run WoW on high settings without going below 60+ FPS.

Like i said no PC can maintain 60 FPS with everything cranked up, the engine simply is not optimized at those settings. WoW has a plateau effect with hardware meaning once you get to a certain point spending above that mark is a huge waste of money if you only play WoW. From what ive experienced that level is around about a stock clocked ivy bridge i5 and a gtx 660 level graphics card. Yes you can get 250 fps out in the open world instead of 125 if you really want to spend a lot of money, but in spots where you would want more FPS you wouldnt get it.

alright. So if that is what its up to be what would i get from what i have. I also have started to get into Blade and Soul, and some other games that i might be stepping into for through steam and with some friends. So even if its not set on ULTRA that would be alright as long as it runs well. From what i hear the 700$ build plus the GTX 1070 and OS that it should run wow without any problem. i just want to be able to play effectively if it means dropping the setting to medium and turning some shit off that would be fine with me. I also would like to play B&S with decent settings. just trying to make sure im not wasting my money for the build.

Just for perspective my 5 year old PC can play WoW just as good as a brand new rig with $2,000 hardware, blade and soul isnt really that demanding either. If i were to buy a PC today i would do the same thing i did 5 years ago, unlocked i5 and a mid range GPU (1060) that is where the best value sits. That combo isnt that great of a deal, you can do better putting parts together on your own:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($227.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($27.95 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z170 Extreme3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Mushkin Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ TRION 150 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($45.71 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC GAMING Video Card ($259.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master MasterBox 5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($64.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Total: $921.09
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-25 16:11 EDT-0400