Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do mmo-champ site admins and moderators use adblock on mmo-champion

I'm just curious if the mods and admin use adblocker on this site? Do you guys?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Of course, they do.

I would. It's horrendous.

The real question is whether or not this thread will get locked for discussing moderation.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post

The real question is whether or not this thread will get locked for discussing moderation.
    We aren't discussing moderation, we are discussing moderators

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post

I"m not talking about moderation. I'm asking if the mods use specific browser extensions
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I imagine so, MMO-champion is one of the worst offenders for ad spam and malicious ads out of every site that i visit regularly

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I don't use adblock, but I will mention a few things.. the ads on the site have gotten progressively worse, and wowheads ads STILL take the cake - I literally get lockups on IOS/Android, Mac OS, and Windows 10 literally ANY DEVICE, fully updated.. any browser, chrome, firefox, IE/EDGE, Safari.. it doesn't freaken matter. The ads are getting atrocious. Again sorry for the rant, but holy mother fucken hell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    I imagine so, MMO-champion is one of the worst offenders for ad spam and malicious ads out of every site that i visit regularly
    Wowhead is the most lockup level site that I've ever been to, OUTSIDE those watch X for free because I'm too lazy to watch 'Game of thrones' 'The walking dead' so again aside from those literally popbehind and TOTAL shit sites, it's WOWHEAD then MMO-C.com then everything else

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I"m not talking about moderation. I'm asking if the mods use specific browser extensions
    200% guaranteed they use addons to either eliminate ads fully, and or have some sort of login thats special that has no ads.

I want to mention that MMO-C.com is one of my favorite websites, and I feel bad talking so much shit, but the ad issue I just don't know even a remote resolution other than RECOMMENDING heavily to use adblock type extensions just so you don't get rootkits on windows etc etc

Deleted
    i would think so, like that other guy said mmo-c is one of the worst sites for ads that i visit regularly, often blocking 30-40 per page, no other website i visit seems to block more than 4 or 5

They might be required to not show ads to staff members. I know you can get in trouble on Youtube for watching ads on your own videos and that may be true with the various ad networks as well. Whether this is true or whether or not they use adblock or not I wouldn't know though.
    Signature not found

Just turn off adobe flash player and mmo-c is fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not a mod obviously, but I've used AdBlock for as long as I can remember. Ironically, without AdBlock this site's traffic would tank.

99% of MMO-C traffic is running ad-block.

That's why there's 500 ads per page.

They have to make that 1% carry the revenue stream for the rest of us haha.

/jokes + a little truths
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I'm just curious if the mods and admin use adblocker on this site? Do you guys?
    Believe the forum group allows them to Ignore the ads fully so no need for ad block for MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    or have some sort of login thats special that has no ads.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchas View Post
    Believe the forum group allows them to Ignore the ads fully so no need for ad block for MMO.
    There is no such thing as a special logon that eliminates ads. Some run it, some don't. I don't know for sure for everyone since it's never been important enough to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is no such thing as a special logon that eliminates ads. Some run it, some don't. I don't know for sure for everyone since it's never been important enough to ask.
    I read this as we weren't important enough to ask for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Well I appreciate all that you all do, I just deal with the ads for the amazing front page info since Mid TBC, and the forums. Also, RIP Jaylock u wil b mist sur

Can you reveal if you yourself use an ad-blocker?

I did as both a mod and a global mod, and I know most of my friends did as well while they were mods. Don't forget that being a moderator is a volunteer service, there is no actual reason for a mod to support the site by turning ad blockers off. They are already supporting the site by volunteering their time and effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    99% of MMO-C traffic is running ad-block.

That's why there's 500 ads per page.

They have to make that 1% carry the revenue stream for the rest of us haha.

/jokes + a little truths
    It's more the other way around. As more intrusive and annoying ads get the more they actually end up having a negative effect on people's perception of a product and people will increasingly try to avoid them. Instead of wising up to this most of the industry has decided to ramp up the pressure and ad presence to try and get people anyway.

It's turned into somewhat of an arm race that ultimatively the people advertising can only lose. If someone came up to you and start beating you with a bottle of bleach you wouldn't be particularly inclined to buy it. You'd avoid that brand outright.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    200% guaranteed they use addons to either eliminate ads fully, and or have some sort of login thats special that has no ads.
    They have the same log in. They use ad block, you can't navigate this site without it.