Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Most classes haven't been updated. Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    According to early sims they are basically the bottom of the list at 840 ilvl.
    The sims are drastically off for a multitude of reasons but I don't know why anyone looks at or cares about 840 ilvl sims anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    I dont trust sims as theyre usually dead wrong and terrible in real world situations, but really, its basic math. with the current nerfs coming up, a DH that was doing 225k single target would be doing about 190k with the same build. and none of the other worse talents are getting buffed to make up for it. its just bad.

i am excited for the arcane buffs though. glad ive been keeping up in my artifact power for aluneth. hopefully it proves to be great single target as i do find it more fun than fire.
    the nerfs arent even close to that big for DH, its about a 8% nerf ST and around 15% nerf to cleaves and aoe, so DH wont drop that much, its still a big nerf for sure.

arcane is aids, i definately prefer frost over arcane but thats just me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckster View Post
    after crit value for fire drops when you can easily reach 70% or more.
    Why is that the case, fires crit soft cap is 91% now as CM has been changed to x1.1?

Interested to know as i'm only 17 points into my fire artifact and seriously considering switching to frost since i like the playstyle more, but just super worried it will end up scaling badly end of the expac and have to be propped up by tier bonuses like it always has before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Most classes haven't been updated. Chill.
    I remember you saying GS was damage-negative prior to this. As much as I would love it, I really don't see a 15% buff making TV not the go-to...especially considering our artifact traits that directly benefit Icy Veins (Chilled to the Core/Frozen Veins/Shattering Bolts).

Blizzard damage increase will be nice. Splitting Ice will definitely be the go to in any fight that isn't either Pure ST or Pure AoE.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah GS is probably still dead, but at least the spec as a whole isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    the nerfs arent even close to that big for DH, its about a 8% nerf ST and around 15% nerf to cleaves and aoe, so DH wont drop that much, its still a big nerf for sure.
    Where the hell did you get those numbers from. It's a ~16% nerf to ST.

Anyway, I'm actually looking for a "safe" spec that won't get nerfed anytime soon. Is frost any viable? I know it's not the best, but would I be gimping my team very hard by going frost mage on mythic?
    Last edited by Tobedeleted123; 2016-09-25 at 09:15 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Where the hell did you get those numbers from. It's a ~16% nerf to ST.

Anyway, I'm actually looking for a "safe" spec that won't get nerfed anytime soon. Is frost any viable? I know it's not the best, but would I be gimping my team very hard by going frost mage on mythic?
    we'll have a better idea this week when people actually play frost in EN, but you should be good to play it.. as long as you're itemized correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    i was destroying people before the nerf anyway, now i will destroy them even more.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    we'll have a better idea this week when people actually play frost in EN, but you should be good to play it.. as long as you're itemized correctly.
    Is that even viable?

To itemize frost correctly, you would need Crit/Haste on all gear and as few Mastery as possible. Looking at the loot tables for fixed loot content (dungeons, raids) almost every single item has Mastery on it. Even our Artifact has it. That means you are pretty much reliant on crafted / random world quest gear.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    Is that even viable?

To itemize frost correctly, you would need Crit/Haste on all gear and as few Mastery as possible. Looking at the loot tables for fixed loot content (dungeons, raids) almost every single item has Mastery on it. Even our Artifact has it. That means you are pretty much reliant on crafted / random world quest gear.
    yeah, I mean, ideally you would craft the gear but there are quite a few pieces of crit/haste gear out there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    yeah, I mean, ideally you would craft the gear but there are quite a few pieces of crit/haste gear out there.
    Generally speaking, at what item level difference becomes a poorly itemized piece (lets say vers/mastery) better than an optimally itemized one (crit/haste)? 5? 10? 20?

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrCool View Post
    Generally speaking, at what item level difference becomes a poorly itemized piece (lets say vers/mastery) better than an optimally itemized one (crit/haste)? 5? 10? 20?
    To compare items based on Stat weights, you can use Addons like "Pawn", which adds a score to the tooltip of an item based on the values you put in.
    Values can be found for example on the Icy-Veins guide to Frost Mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    To compare items based on Stat weights, you can use Addons like "Pawn", which adds a score to the tooltip of an item based on the values you put in.
    Values can be found for example on the Icy-Veins guide to Frost Mage.
    Thanks! I am hoping it is horrendous itemization that is holding me back.

Currently I am around 835 while solely equipping items by item level.

In dungeons, I am usually well below the tank, with the occasional exception on bosses where I am barely 3rd on DPS.

Now, it is completely possible that I am utterly retarded and doing something wrong, but having read Icy Veins and following the recommended rotations/prio lists I can't imagine having that much room for improvement within the same gear set.