Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Rogue changes inc next week

from us (dot) battle (dot) net/forums/ en/wow/topic/ 20749305579

Rogue

o Death From Above (Talent) area damage increased by 100%.

• Assassination
    o Deadly Poison damage increased by 30%.
    o Fan of Knives damage increased by 30%.
    o Bag of Tricks (Artifact Trait) duration reduced to 3 seconds (overall damage unchanged), radius increased to 6 yards (from 3), and now benefits from Mastery.
    o Poison Knives (Artifact Trait) no longer benefits twitch from Mastery. Damage per point increased to 4%.

• Outlaw
    o Fatebringer (Artifact Trait) Energy cost reduction reduced to 3 per rank.
    o Fate’s Thirst (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Run Through reduced to 6% per rank.
    o Black Powder (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Between the Eyes reduced to 6% per rank.

• Subtlelty
    o Eviscerate damage increased by 15%.
    o Nightblade damage increased by 15%.
    o Shuriken Storm damage increased by 30%.
    o Second Shuriken (Artifact Trait) chance to activate increased to 30% (was 10%), damage increased by 30%, and now deals 200% additional damage while Stealth or Shadow Dance is active.

thoughts?
    Last edited by Pinneved; 2016-09-24 at 03:30 AM.

I like the assassin changes. They didn't need much, if anything at all & they got a little bump to sustain & aoe.

Sub changes are disappointing. Whatever they are seeing seems different from what sub players are seeing.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i agree, im pretty sure sin is gonna out dps outlaw in most cases now with the sin buffs, sub needs some more love tho

Quote Originally Posted by Pinneved View Post
    i agree, im pretty sure sin is gonna out dps outlaw in most cases now with the sin buffs, sub needs some more love tho
    You're joking right? They buffed assassination's poisons, not their bleeds which is where most of their dmg comes from.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    you do realise they sim fairly close to outlaw right? with the 30% more base dmg on poision (and then mastery on top) i think they will do very well.
    outlaw got their best trait nerfed 2% per rank on their main dmg ability, thats a minimum 6% and 8-10 if you got good relics.

You omitted the buffs to Shuriken Storm for Sub.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by classic username View Post
    is this live??
    not yet, next week

Good, with the gear I've gotten (mastery heavy) both Sub/Mut perform better than Outlaw.

So happy about these buffs!

When I went with Sub. I was hoping to have decent single target and SOME burst AOE if I used a dance. So far I am disappointed on both. Here's hoping that changes.

so any talent changes for mut ?

you do realise they sim fairly close to outlaw right? with the 30% more base dmg on poision (and then mastery on top) i think they will do very well.
    outlaw got their best trait nerfed 2% per rank on their main dmg ability, thats a minimum 6% and 8-10 if you got good relics.
    sims sure, please see logs and get a better idea of the differences, sin will do more, outlaw slightly less, but it won't be enough for sin to beat outlaw, just closes the gap more

the outlaw nerf amounts to about 3,5% total dmg nerf if you run 2 RT relics and about 2,2% if you run zero

yes assa is close to outlaw IN 840 GEAR
    in 865+ the gap is a lot bigger and this wont close it
    sub however actually seems like it might start outscaling outlaw above 880+

might need to consider using sub as your loot spec for legendaries now since you can still loot the best legendary for outlaw as sub anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by secondratetech View Post

Sub changes are disappointing. Whatever they are seeing seems different from what sub players are seeing.
    sub has scary scaling and probably the best artifact tree out of all 3 they cant really buff it anymore even if it is pretty terrible in bad gear.
    even these buffs are like a 10% increase in dmg
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-24 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    sub has scary scaling and probably the best artifact tree out of all 3 they cant really buff it anymore even if it is pretty terrible in bad gear.
    even these buffs are like a 10% increase in dmg
    I think about a 9% increase in overall, which in single target isn't awful especially with the nerfs they are handing out at the top. The AOE buff seems lacking, I was really hoping to have some substantial burst AOE if I burned a dance and I have been disappointed so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroso View Post
    You're joking right? They buffed assassination's poisons, not their bleeds which is where most of their dmg comes from.

Yeah but on the other side: they nerfed outlaws run through damage by a large amount, which makes about 50+% of the overall damage:

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Yeah but on the other side: they nerfed outlaws run through damage by a large amount, which makes about 50+% of the overall damage:

Large amount? What.

I hate the rng of outlaw and I find assassination wonderful to play. With these changes does it make assa more viable in comparison? Could I swap to assa and not suffer that much? Also thinking mythics as well as raids.

Hmm...I should see if I can pick up some Mastery gear. Looks like I'll be taking the poison plunge sooner than expected. FoK is still shite though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I hate the rng of outlaw and I find assassination wonderful to play. With these changes does it make assa more viable in comparison? Could I swap to assa and not suffer that much? Also thinking mythics as well as raids.
    Outlaw is still going to dominate Mythic+. Blade Flurry is just too good for dungeons. As for raids, it will depend on a per-fight basis. Ursoc? Probably going to be fairly close. Lots of adds that are mostly bunched up? Outlaw is going to pull ahead quickly.

As a small aside, I hate how people ask if something is viable. Almost everything is viable. The real question is: Is it competitive?
    Last edited by cfStatic; 2016-09-24 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    So, I just got my rogue to 100 last night after deciding tanking isn't really for me. Is it worth taking the outlaw weapons still? I only ask this as I'm a casual player and part of a very casual raid group. I don't want to invest what little time I have in the wrong artifact weapon.