Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Incoming Outlaw Nerf

Outlaw
    Fatebringer (Artifact Trait) Energy cost reduction reduced to 3 per rank. (From 4 per rank)
    Fate’s Thirst (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Run Through reduced to 6% per rank. (From 8% per rank)

This nerf will be reducing my Run Through damage by 10%. (I have rank 5 Fate's Thirst)
    With the incoming outlaw nerf, which artifact relics should I be looking out for?

I have noticed on warcraft logs that top rogues are split using Fate's thirst or Fatebringer.

Does this nerf even make that big of a difference for us?

10+ Year Old Account
    These 2 relic types were so far ahead of all other relic types that this nerf shouldn't change the fact that we focus them. But we will see a hit to our damage especially those of us with 3 correct relics.

its not a huge nerf and its a fair nerf

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroii View Post
    its not a huge nerf and its a fair nerf
    O boyo you said it, here comes the rage

Outlaw
    Fatebringer (Artifact Trait) Energy cost reduction reduced to 3 per rank. (From 4 per rank)
    Fate’s Thirst (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Run Through reduced to 6% per rank. (From 8% per rank)

That's a 25% hit on 9 traits, 6 through artifact path and 3 through relics, it's more then just a dmg% nerf. That finishing move cost is going to hurt.

Otoh, DfA got a big buff. This is a very under rated talent. Great on cleave and aoe, and now it's even better. I know MfD has it's advantages in fights where mobs die fast, but on single target fights it seems to me that getting a RT that hits 50% harder every 20 seconds is better than one extra normal RT once every minute. And yes, I know that RB reduces its cd, but the same can be said for DfA.

Why do we get nerfed and they dont touch fire mages at all blows my fucking mind, we werent over the top op

Quote Originally Posted by Morween View Post
    Why do we get nerfed and they dont touch fire mages at all blows my fucking mind, we werent over the top op
    Fire Mage is the Resto Druid of DPS; ie a protected spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Morween View Post
    I agree, buffing sub/assassination would be more ... smart I guess

Quote Originally Posted by skindown View Post
    I agree, buffing sub/assassination would be more ... smart I guess
    As 12 years WoW palyer i can say:blizzard developers are not smart,they are lazy,make balanced buff is way more harder and take more time than nerf, and they always go for the nerf.

If u don't like get nerfed well roll Mage they never nerf it.

It's not a huge nerf, and outlaw should still scale well. The nerf to outlaw and the buff to assassination should just bring assassination closer in ST. The subtlety buff might make it so subtlety catches up to Outlaw entering Nighthold.

Deleted
    Fair and okish nerf BUT the BIG BUT:
    Arms warrior are leading aaannnyyy chart or log, top 100 are 90% arms warrior.
    With that realy small nerf to arms they are even more ahead then theyve been before.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayke View Post
    Otoh, DfA got a big buff. This is a very under rated talent. Great on cleave and aoe, and now it's even better. I know MfD has it's advantages in fights where mobs die fast, but on single target fights it seems to me that getting a RT that hits 50% harder every 20 seconds is better than one extra normal RT once every minute. And yes, I know that RB reduces its cd, but the same can be said for DfA.
    nope..it might be "okay" for large aoe burst..but i dont see any needed one in the current raid content.
    it might be better..maybe..on mystik +6 or whatever where you can pull large mob groups that last long enough (i.e. arcway 7+ blobs)..but overall its still not as good as MFD.

also...the actual cd of MFD is not 1 minute...tb reduces the cd...and considering to stick with tb until you push your ar down to your dreadblades cd...and considering that if you wear the legendary boots...for example..tb getting more and more value...even as single buff...MFD getting more value aswell....also you can reset it super often if you use it smart..enough add fights avaiable.

also the outlaw nerf is justified...and its not as big..i got 3x finishing move reduce 840 relicts. our "bis" relicts are 1x cost reduce 2x dmg.

it will hurt maybe 4-6%? idk... but my next 3 traits are Fortune's Strike...while our mastery is definitely not somewhere our mainstat..its still a dmg increase and will negate some of the damage nerf.

warriors got cut more...same with dh's and mm..in fact out of the fotm classes in the first id...we are one of the morelucky ones.

on the other hand..they buffed arcan..which is already busted if played properly + legendary lul
    Last edited by Tyrarolls; 2016-09-24 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geehbee View Post
    Outlaw

That's a 25% hit on 9 traits, 6 through artifact path and 3 through relics, it's more then just a dmg% nerf. That finishing move cost is going to hurt.
    WTF are you saying its literally a 4% nerf to our overall damage trait and a 3 energy nerf on our cost you need to stop over exaggerating things lol

Deleted
    I like that they nerf the OP artifact trait, but they should have buffed something else instead, because Outlaw isn't that high in the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkerogue View Post
    nope..it might be "okay" for large aoe burst..but i dont see any needed one in the current raid content.
    it might be better..maybe..on mystik +6 or whatever where you can pull large mob groups that last long enough (i.e. arcway 7+ blobs)..but overall its still not as good as MFD.

We're up at rank 8s of Mythic Plus now, running 2 Outlaw rogues and Destro lock and DFA is terrible

On big add packs with teeming, we just all focus the same adds right away; which are usually a healer or spell caster. MFD comes out well ahead there.

DFA might be okay on some bosses, but in M+ you cannot change talents or Spec once you're in, so MFD still wins by a landslide.

With the blobs/slimes MFD ones again pulls a head, you can 1 shot the smaller blobs, instantly triggering MFD again and tab target switching between the packs.

I'll have to play around with the updated DFA, but I think it might only really be useful on pure single target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    I like that they nerf the OP artifact trait, but they should have buffed something else instead, because Outlaw isn't that high in the charts.
    I saw it coming, but I agree with you. Nerfing it does slow down our rotation a bit. Hell I'm still running an 825 Fortune's Thirst relic as I haven't gotten anything to place it.

I might have to now though, but I'd rather wait to replace it with something off Ursoc. So far no luck on drops there.

It was a very mild nerf, they focused more on improving other specs. DH got hit much harder. I don't think outlaw rogues should be on suicide watch just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    It was a very mild nerf, they focused more on improving other specs. DH got hit much harder. I don't think outlaw rogues should be on suicide watch just yet.
    When they are, we better hope Assa or Sub finally got AoE; otherwise we'll never see a rogue in Mythic+ 6 or higher.

Deleted
    where does this leave outlaw compared to sub and sin now

Quote Originally Posted by Alexi View Post
    where does this leave outlaw compared to sub and sin now
    For the most part I'd say it's still on top