Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So, what class are you re rolling?

Its clear from the hotfixes today that blizzard just doesnt think there is anything wrong with hardcasting and void form. I refuse to wait around while they pull their head out and it sickens me to watch them buff other casters while shadow remains abysmal in pvp and pve. So, what class will you be re rolling until shadow is fixed?

Deleted
    Kinda hard to re roll with this beautiful artifact system we have

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10#

Shadow priest is the second best caster in raids right now according to wc logs, so i guess you better either pick fire mage or a melee

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish i could, but having 10 days played and a rank 24 artifact weapon makes it next to impossible, ty blizz

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post

Shadow priest is the second best caster in raids right now according to wc logs, so i guess you better either pick fire mage or a melee
    That doesn't take into account StM optimization yet(99% of priests are still figuring out when to use it per fight), or execute damage, which are the 2 main points that make Shadow Priests the most powerful caster in the game right now.

Execute damage is so so so insanely powerful in this raiding world where bosses have these 30%->0% frenzy phases where you pop BL.

Im curious as to how much effect people abusing mass hysteria affected those numbers. I guess we'll see after the balance pass.

Don't forget all the buffs others have gotten. Warlock got a huge buff across the board.

Playing 'casual'. Rolled Holy couple days ago so i can do Mythic dungeons. Didnt spend a single AP to Shadow from that time.

im thinking warlock

Already re-rolled Holy.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

Rolled Holy couple days ago.

These rerolling threats that come along with every nerf bat don't do anything. If you feel like you're not enjoying the specc, either because of the playstyle, the damage output or w/e, feel free to reroll though. I for one, would play shadow in this state regardless of how low we happen to be on the damage meter. It's just too much fun. I've gotten 1 character above 101 and 2 characters like 50% into the 101 level before the boredom of the given class took over.

If the numbers on the PTR are true, we're getting a 10% across the board buff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewax View Post
    Im curious as to how much effect people abusing mass hysteria affected those numbers. I guess we'll see after the balance pass.
    After doing a bit of analysis on the Log...

During S2M (Roughly 1m15s to 3m45s) he had an average of 67 stacks of MH (caps at 100, maintained cap for 50 seconds). The new change will change that cap to 50, so an average of 41 stacks. This equates to a loss of 23% DoT damage over this entire period. Over this time, his DoTs made up 47% of his total damage, or 32million damage, but that will now be 24 million damage. A loss of 8 million total damage when he deals 88 million is roughly 9%, which doesn't look too bad - taking him down to roughly 331k dps and rank 140.

But then on top of that, the changes to Dispersion and Void Torrent mean he will lose 5-15 seconds of S2M uptime as their use times will change (Dispersion will only get 1 use instead of 2, Torrent will get 2 instead of 3), so if we move his death 7 seconds earlier, we lose another ~6 million damage (Yes, S2M with MH brought his DPS peak at this point to 880k). This takes his total damage to 74million from the old 88million, a 16% loss and taking his dps down to 305k and rank 550. This is also a conservative case, as the fight would be extended even longer due to the reduced damage dealt to it and so his DPS would suffer more.

MH had to be brought under control, it did scale insanely with S2M and 200% DoT damage is enormous. I just feel like they should maybe have changed one thing at a time instead of just throwing this around like a yo-yo.
    Last edited by Rumstein; 2016-09-24 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    This takes his total damage to 74million from the old 88million, a 16% loss and taking his dps down to 305k and rank 550. This is also a conservative case, as the fight would be extended even longer due to the reduced damage dealt to it and so his DPS would suffer more..
    That seems reasonable. Wait no, the other thing: ridiculous.

It's happening, guys. That thing anyone smart was saying before the xpac even dropped.

We're being balanced around StM. Either our extra effort and risk of death makes us capable of topping the chart by far, or we have to work extra hard and risk death just to compete with much easier specs.

And we all knew it would be the latter.

An absolute abortion of game design and balance.

Deleted
    i think fire is a save pick. i will at least continue to lv my fire mage maybe its not as fun as shadow but its nice to see those big numbers and be good at everything =
    I mean i´m defnitly not enjoying it if i´m in the bottom of the dps meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand, if you love doing damage that much, why you would choose a class that only has one damage spec. Priests are for people who like healing.

7+ Year Old Account
    No way in hell I am rerolling and doing all these rep farming, ap farming, class hall grinding all over again...plus I love my priest, shadow and holy is really fun

Deleted
    I never thought I will be happy that I didn't get a shadow legendary but now I do, because I would't want it to be just sitting around. And now even if you decide to switch to one of the other specs, let alone an entire new class, you are very fuc**d. Blizzard just can't balance for s**t, always an extreme. Its either WoD where you are losing if you play only one character because Garrison, or its Legion where if you are spending time on another class or spec even you are losing because AP.

Will probably have to switch to my fire mage alt that I used for split runs.

Deleted
    Holy, spriest was gutted and killed with these changes - it's far to temperamental a design to allow for medium to bottom pack dps while also being absolutely terrible in dungeons (our ramp up time got even harder to build and maintain in dungeons). This is just classic behaviour when they approach spriest, I feared this would happen when I saw the insane amount of attention they gave warlocks while only acknowledging that spriests had s2m