When to reroll your buffs?

Hii

I have been playing outlaw rogue for a month now,and its a fun class... yesterday i playedsome raiding and i couldnt keep a steady dps figures, sometimes ill get a fair or high hps, sometimes ill get a low dps.

On ursoc for example i kept rerolling for 6 or 7 times until i used trait cooldowm to get better rolls. Now i understand that my dps loss is not just because of my rerollong only.

When should an outlaw reroll? Cuz sometimes i think rerolling overall hurts my dps and should just stick with 1 buff

I also have linked my armory

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m/Elyaa/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually reroll a few times myself. I reroll when I get one single buff ( if it isn't true bearing, if it is then I don't reroll ofc). The goal is obviously to ger true bearing, but when I usually get like 2-3 rerolls with the same god damn buff but on the fourth I get two buffs (but not true bearing), I stop rerolling. If I have rerolled like 4 times and still get the single buff but it is slightly better than my first roll, I stick with it. Sometimes you have to settle I guess. I have tried to reroll until I get true bearing, but that can take up to 7-8 rerolls and my dps is total crap after that.

With my rerolling, I have around 230k+ dps and usually top three in my guild depending on the boss.

Also wondering how the rest of you guys do it.

That "reroll until you get true bearing" method was actually a leftover from the Legion Beta, where True Bearing reduced cooldowns by 3 seconds per combo point. This coupled with the tier-bonuses from Hellfire Citadel that place a lot of emphasis on Adrenaline Rush made it by far the strongest buff.

TIMES HAVE CHANGED, THOUGH.

True bearing is now considered one of the weaker buffs we can get. As far as I know, the goal is to reroll until you get at least 2 buffs, with slight exceptions to this rule depending on the situation in question.
    If, for example, you get Shark Infested Waters while your Adrenaline Rush and your artifact ability are both available, stick to it because it's the highest basic damage increase. When AR+Artifact are about to run out, you can reroll again to get a double-buff. (This was slightly different prior to level 110, because we did a lot more auto-attack damage during the pre-patch. Back then, it was "reroll until you get either Sharks or you get 2+ buffs". Now it's "reroll until you get 2 buffs.")

And yes, Outlaw suffers very much from RNG, though it tends to get a bit better the longer a fight goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    That "reroll until you get true bearing" method was actually a leftover from the Legion Beta, where True Bearing reduced cooldowns by 3 seconds per combo point. This coupled with the tier-bonuses from Hellfire Citadel that place a lot of emphasis on Adrenaline Rush made it by far the strongest buff.

TIMES HAVE CHANGED, THOUGH.

True bearing is now considered one of the weaker buffs we can get. As far as I know, the goal is to reroll until you get at least 2 buffs, with slight exceptions to this rule depending on the situation in question.
    If, for example, you get Shark Infested Waters while your Adrenaline Rush and your artifact ability are both available, stick to it because it's the highest basic damage increase. When AR+Artifact are about to run out, you can reroll again to get a double-buff. (This was slightly different prior to level 110, because we did a lot more auto-attack damage during the pre-patch. Back then, it was "reroll until you get either Sharks or you get 2+ buffs". Now it's "reroll until you get 2 buffs.")

And yes, Outlaw suffers very much from RNG, though it tends to get a bit better the longer a fight goes.
    thats what am trying to understand, even tho getting 2 buffs is better than 1, some situations dont call for reroll, such as bloodlust phase, or cooldown phase.

i got two questions if you can help me with.

1- opener: i usually open when stealthed, i use mark to get 5CP's, then use roll (whatever buff i get i retain) then boss is pulled and i start by ghostly strike and pop cds, saber finisher, saber finisher until my cds are off, i check the roll i got, if its 2 buffs i keep, if not i reroll to 2 buffs.

2- is it always better to pop AP CD + AR together?

3- when getting 2 buffs from rolling, and the duration is 5 secs remaining, does it make a difference if i reroll before the buffs disappear or after? cuz sometimes i feel rolling on 2 buffs gives me higher chance of getting 2 buffs again, dunno maybe its just rng
    Last edited by Omranx; 2016-09-24 at 11:40 AM.

There are already plenty of posts with the same questions:
    1. reroll if you have useless buffs(CotD gives already 5CPs, so Jolly and Broadsides are useless)
    2. What's AP? Cotd? If yes then use them together, but if you have one off the CD then use it. It's very situational.
    3. Try to reroll at 1 sec left, there's no need to reroll at 5 sec, because you're not getting pandemic(though I'm not sure about that).

RtB is affected by pandemic, so you can reroll at ~8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There are already plenty of posts with the same questions:
    1. reroll if you have useless buffs(CotD gives already 5CPs, so Jolly and Broadsides are useless)
    2. What's AP? Cotd? If yes then use them together, but if you have one off the CD then use it. It's very situational.
    3. Try to reroll at 1 sec left, there's no need to reroll at 5 sec, because you're not getting pandemic(though I'm not sure about that).
    AP i mean the artifact cooldown, the one that always generates full combo points.

Quote Originally Posted by funkiwi View Post
    RtB is affected by pandemic, so you can reroll at ~8 seconds.
    what is pandemic?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omranx View Post
    AP i mean the artifact cooldown, the one that always generates full combo points.

what is pandemic?
    Pandemic is buffs/debuffs rolling existing durations into a fresh application when they're about to expire.

Can't remember exactly what the breakpoint is but in essence if you rolled a new 6CP RTB with, say, 6 sec remaining on your old one, then your new RTB would be 48sec instead of the 42sec base duration.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Keep anything but single Broadsides/Jolly on pull - you want to use as many finishers as possible during your potion. AR (and heroism in some cases) should be more than enough to provide enough energy to do the SS-RT rotation until CotD ends. Afterwards (or with your last CotD SS) you can start fishing for 2 buffs. Keep in mind some combinations are better than others and sometimes I feel like keeping certain single buffs might beat certain 2buff combos. For example, I might keep a SiW until heroism ends if I got that on pull.

You basically never want to have a slow rotation. If you have a few haste procs from your trinkets for example the value of non-accelerator buffs goes up. SiW and TB are great in combination with anything, but weaker by themselves. You have to get a feel for it.

In dungeons, it's much less worth it to reroll since stuff usually dies to a few finishers. That being said, if there's a boss coming up and you used your AR recently it might be a good idea to fish for TB to have it ready. Make full use of MfD for free finisher/rerolls.