Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree with the Havoc DH statement. With momentum uptime you have to play really really well to be a truly great player and make the most of your damage windows. I'd say its the highest skill cap dps mechanic in the game hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Demo, Feral, Survival are all very VERY punishing. Demo is punished by basic mechanics, Feral by misteps - can be as large as a 70k DPS loss for 20-30 seconds, and survival just loses all of its dps if you screw up.

Shadow is slightly punishing outside of S2M, but S2M kills you and you can't be battled resurrected. That's pretty damn punishing.

Outside of that, I'd say everything else is at least fairly forgiving. Nobody else can lose upwards of 50k DPs at ilvl 850 by messing up one mechanic for over 20 seconds. (Feral Bloodtalons, Demo's Thal'kiel's consumption, Shadow S2M, Survival's definitelynotFistofFury).
    Arcane can lose over a 100k by missing a single cast in a 4 second window.

Demo is like herding cats

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Demo, Feral, Survival are all very VERY punishing. Demo is punished by basic mechanics, Feral by misteps - can be as large as a 70k DPS loss for 20-30 seconds, and survival just loses all of its dps if you screw up.

Shadow is slightly punishing outside of S2M, but S2M kills you and you can't be battled resurrected. That's pretty damn punishing.

Outside of that, I'd say everything else is at least fairly forgiving. Nobody else can lose upwards of 50k DPs at ilvl 850 by messing up one mechanic for over 20 seconds. (Feral Bloodtalons, Demo's Thal'kiel's consumption, Shadow S2M, Survival's definitelynotFistofFury).
    I think you won't lose 50k dps just by screwing TKC, missing one pack of imp would result in 100k less dmg for a single TKC, And since in ST situation you can't TKC with 3 packs of demons on(DS+Imp+Imp) what you could do is cast TKC on 1 Imp+ 1 DS, which is super hard to miss (Doomguard+Service is hard to miss either).

The hardest thing on Demo is probably shadowflame, you only have 2 seconds window to correctly use it and it could be easily messed up (shard cap, etc.)

definitely mm hunter

WW Monks

Keeping combos is no joke

SV hunter and frost DK feel fine and easy, I leveled a new SV 1-100 right before the invasions, so it was fresh in my mind, so easy. Frost took a minute to get used to the changes, feels fine. I switch from resto to feral and I really feel like leveling a new feral just so I can learn all of that bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Arcane can lose over a 100k by missing a single cast in a 4 second window.
    4 seconds..? How is that punishing. You die if you lose 2 seconds of uptime as a shadow priest (or if you spend 1-3 GCDs on anything but mind blast, sw death or void bolt).
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2016-09-26 at 03:59 PM.

I would say Survival. It's very tricky to account for everything you need to maintain, keeping your focus at a good number without capping while also taking into account Mongoose Bite pooling. If I had to say one thing against it being the most "difficult" it's that in my opinion it flows really well so it's not quite as hard as a clunky spec might be in that regard.

Honorable mention goes to WW monks, though. I've been having a surprising amount of fun and learning time figuring out how best to keep combo maintained with things like Blackout procs screwing up your flow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably subtlety (shadow dance is hotkey overload and UI nightmare) and feral (dot snapping is really unintuitive and stupid and causes lots of extra work in order to stay up-to-par with other dps).
    Some others are quite punishing if you fuck up once (survival, demo, surrender to madness shadow) but not THAT difficult to execute otherwise.

Though to be honest, since all specs are simple enough for an outsider to understand in a relatively short timeframe, none of them are excessively difficult. It's just a bid sad that the slightly-more-difficult specs get outclassed by the simpler to play specs all the time (every hunter is marksman, every warlock destruction, every rogue combat or assassination, and in general almost all dps are fire mages anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    4 seconds..? How is that punishing. You die if you lose 2 seconds of uptime as a shadow priest (or if you spend 1-3 GCDs on anything but mind blast, sw death or void bolt).
    Look up NTspam Arcane or Aids Arcane.

It's probably not as punishing as S2M because you die but it sure as hell is APM intensive and you might aswell die if you mess it up.

Nothing even comes remotely close to Shadow Priest, I am ofc referring to Surrender to Madnes, as Priests not using it are about as useful as a healer trying to dps.

For me, in this order
    1- Feral
    2- Demo
    3- Surv
    They are very punishing

None. It's a range from easy to braindead.

MM/BM hunter.

Kappa

Feral running Lunar Inspiration, Savage Roar, Jagged Wounds and Blood Talons for sure. There are a lot of balls to juggle with energy and combo points and making sure Rip and Roar don't fall off at the same time, you're quite energy-starved so don't have much fuck-up room if you let something drop, and really need to make sure the right abilities are buffed with BT. As the only spec in the game that still snapshots it's dots (I believe), it's not very intuitive for players coming across to Feral from other classes.
    Cantor

9/9 gold MoP CMs | 8/8 WoD Gold CMs | 7/7 M Emerald Nightmare | 6/10 M Nighthold

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klngdom View Post
    Lots of people might laugh or be naive to this but I'd say Havoc can be pretty difficult simply because your rotation involves displacing yourself large set distances many times many times a minute which obviously includes potentially diving into death. No other class requires you to sometimes fire yourself outside of auto attack range to maximize your DPS.

Think of it this way; you misplay on any other class and you lose some damage but if you misplay as Havoc you probably die (on difficult progression fights at least).
    bump. 100% accurate. I spec'd into having the talent that changes the dmg reduction and dodge chance CD grant immunity and move speed, just to help alleviate some of the extra shit I walk in through displacing. Its fun though I prefer this playstyle. Ret and Arms etc can be boring to stand still and attack.