Page 1 of 2
LastLast

People on AH selling mass-used items in singles

Is there a particular reason why people sell items like sylv seeds and felslate in singles on the Ah? Some reason that generates more profits than conveniently putting it in stacks of 20-50-100 rather than selling 200-400 in singles?

because it is incredibly annoying to buy something you need tons of, one by one. I'am trying to understand why they do this, my friends and I just buy stacked one's first at the same unit prices before going for the singles.

Hell when iam selling, i often sell stacks for items that are drowning in singles, just because i know it will instantly sell at even higher the price. Which it does, every time.

They're listed first.

Maybe wrong settings in their AH addon? Or they like to troll?

Yes, it's annoying because my addon has to scan the complete pages of an item.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They're listed first.
    Not after if i click on the column and reverse it so i get the larger stacks first and scroll down to what i need.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-09-24 at 01:44 PM.

Often to bring the price down from what I've seen. I don't really know to be honest. Download TSM, you can buy them with just one click of a button. However it does make it a pain to collect them from your mail box.

It's so players can more easily put anyone selling singles on ignore and never buy anything from them again. Rather kind I think

Quote Originally Posted by NFA View Post
    It's so players can more easily put anyone selling singles on ignore and never buy anything from them again. Rather kind I think
    I never thought to do that.... holy shit that changes everything.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    people will undercut them without thinking and since very few people will buy their x1 auction, they keep buying whatever is below their set price. It's called walling

Deleted
    People who dont use a normal auction house addon have the lowest bid price listet first. Their strategy: I post 5000 Dreamleafs (Frostwolf EU for example) which slows down the AH a LOT to a point where AH addons are almost unusable. Therefore people just dont give a shit and use the normal auction house. Because no one wants to normally go through 50-100 pages of single listings they just tend to buy the lowest bidding item (single herb). Since almost everybody uses the instant buy option the sellers can increase the instant price by a lot because the normal auction house function only lets you sort by lowest bidding but not lowest instant buy.
    These players make profit by abusing the bad and obsolete auction house and stealing other players time (a TON of time i DONT have). On my server somebody posted 6000 single herbs and im not buying from those criminals. So im standing here for 10-15 min just to buy 70-80 dreamleaf.
    In my opinion those players should be warned and if continueing to abuse the auction house, banned.

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    people will undercut them without thinking and since very few people will buy their x1 auction, they keep buying whatever is below their set price. It's called walling
    I just buy them out and resell their stupid undercut by 50 or 100g more

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NFA View Post
    Hmmm, that's an awesome tip, thanks! I never realised that putting a player on the Ignore list would also filter out his auction listings .. I shall do this tonight.

If i need 10 or 20 of something, i'll ignore the cheap singles and buy in bulk even if it costs more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    They're listed first.
    yes lets put 10 pages worth of single items to be on page 1

7+ Year Old Account
    Try setting up 2 groups of felslate on your local Ah: 1 group in singles costing about 10 silver lower then the current price and 1 group in bunches of 10s for about 4g less then the current price.

You will proberly see, that the singles are going to sell much better then the bunch. The only explanation is that players without addons sees the singles firsts and just buys them when needed
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tking View Post
    People who dont use a normal auction house addon have the lowest bid price listet first. Their strategy: I post 5000 Dreamleafs (Frostwolf EU for example) which slows down the AH a LOT to a point where AH addons are almost unusable. Therefore people just dont give a shit and use the normal auction house. Because no one wants to normally go through 50-100 pages of single listings they just tend to buy the lowest bidding item (single herb). Since almost everybody uses the instant buy option the sellers can increase the instant price by a lot because the normal auction house function only lets you sort by lowest bidding but not lowest instant buy.
    These players make profit by abusing the bad and obsolete auction house and stealing other players time (a TON of time i DONT have). On my server somebody posted 6000 single herbs and im not buying from those criminals. So im standing here for 10-15 min just to buy 70-80 dreamleaf.
    In my opinion those players should be warned and if continueing to abuse the auction house, banned.
    you can just flip the pages by clicking on the appropriate column. sends the singles to the back.

I either use the Armoury AH app (way better) or just straight up ignore the singles and pay more per item for a 200 stack.

I ain't enabling these fools.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    This is the correct answer. They're building a wall that nobody wants to buy out and setting the price of the material. They then watch the auction house and buy whatever is posted underneath them. This allows them to get as much material as they want at the price (or lower) they set until the wall is bought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    This is the correct answer. They're building a wall that nobody wants to buy out and setting the price of the material. They then watch the auction house and buy whatever is posted underneath them. This allows them to get as much material as they want at the price (or lower) they set until the wall is bought out.
    This only works on either 1) very new servers; 2) very niche markets (rare mounts/toys); or 3)a fixed period of time on older, more populated servers. Unless that person has unlimited capital, they eventually lose money because gatherers eventually settle for a lower price. That said, the AH does need to be revamped.

There are more people out there looking for a few pieces of a given mat than there are people looking to buy a stack of 200 of that same mat.

I'll pay more per piece to buy 1-10 of something if that's all I need, rather than spend less per item but be stuck with a stack of 190 I need to resell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    There are more people out there looking for a few pieces of a given mat than there are people looking to buy a stack of 200 of that same mat.

I'll pay more per piece to buy 1-10 of something if that's all I need, rather than spend less per item but be stuck with a stack of 190 I need to resell.
    This. I hear all the fancy explanations about AH sorting (yes, it does suck) and such, but more than anything, people just want to buy exactly the amount they need, and not have to buy a huge stack of something and then deal with either banking it or reselling it themselves, especially if it's not something associated with their primary profession (for example, the odd leatherworking recipe that calls for a few pieces of cloth- unless it's something they know they'll craft many copies of, they are going to buy exactly the number of cloth they need).

Personally, I think Blizzard should put a hard cap on the total number of auctions you can have on a specific item. Say, you get 25 auctions per item. So you can post 25 single pieces of copper ore, or you can post 25 stacks of up to 200 copper ore. But no more of this posting 400 pieces of ore by a single person anymore, that's gotten out of control. It would force people to be a little bit more thoughtful about what they're putting up there.