Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Outside alchemy, not even herbalism anymore because of trader, congrats, all that effort was useless by the time you could reap the benefits. But yay quests! so two professions, two didn't suck. and even those are arguable, since those are two of the most RNG heavy, not even any effort required.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Everyone wanted the vanilla experience look at all those threads in this site alone about vanilla private servers and how much better the game is there. Well here you go they made professions more vanilla like. It was a grind fest back then to level professions and guess what it is now again. Enjoy and be careful what one wishes for.
    I find this to be such delicious irony. The polar opposites between the constant whinge of how things are "too hard" and "too tedious" in Legion and the people who are passionately advocating tuning it up even more by implementing vanilla mechanics both on the front page, both moving their own pace :-D

It's high-level entertainment. And I do hope Blizzard is enjoying it as much as I am.
    I also hope they don't take any of them seriously.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Outside alchemy, not even herbalism anymore because of trader
    Nope, with the new alchemy potion i am not gonna spend my bloods of sargeras on herbs, i will still gather them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Nope, with the new alchemy potion i am not gonna spend my bloods of sargeras on herbs, i will still gather them.
    Which is why I said "outside alchemy" someone with herbalism and not alchemy is not going to spend their bloods on the new pots, because ya know, they can't.

Deleted
    Which is why I said "outside alchemy" someone with herbalism and not alchemy is not going to spend their bloods on the new pots, because ya know, they can't.
    Yes they can, as easily as asking an alchemist to making them the potions.
    I expect this to be a common thing for my alchemist.

Yes they can, as easily as asking an alchemist to making them the potions.
    I expect this to be a common thing for my alchemist.
    Unless bloods are no longer soulbound, the fact they are, yeah good luck with that.

Deleted
    Unless bloods are no longer soulbound, the fact they are, yeah good luck with that.
    They are? OMG there is gonna be a riot then in my group of Mythic+ because of this.

Just because Legion Professions are better than the barren wasteland that was WoD it doesn't mean that it's good right now. Cooking was way more engaging in MoP. Questlines to progress a profession and get new recipes is a cool idea but it seems that way too soon progressing your profession is gated behind an insane amount of RNG. It's not good. Also many of the Herbalism rank 3 perks and the Underlight Angler Artifact abilties are bugged like hell or do nothing at all. There was huge potential to do something interesting with Archeology in an expansion that features Artifacts so heavily. All we get is a quest every 2 weeks and that's it? Seems like somebody started working on professions for Legion with a good idea and then stopped right in the middle and left everything unfinished.

Deleted
    I've no problem with how professions work in general, but they need to add better options for some of them. I have tailoring on my main and it's been completely useless since EN/M+ opened as you can only craft up to 850 with Obliterum.

Unless you took herbing/alchemy then professions may as well not exist at this point for the average player.

wod professions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> legion profession imo. It was nice being mostly self sufficient in WoD. If you wanted the best stuff you had to go the AH more often than not but you could easily get by with just your garrison. The only tweaks needed was to lower the amount of ore/herbs you got in your garrison if that wasn't one of your professions or just make all gathering profession secondary ones now so you can gather everything.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killedbydeath View Post
    people fail to understand that
    <---<< effort/ RNG >>--->.
    And that's not only in the profs.
    That's about everything involving RNG....
    RNG has only a place with people who don't know anything about a craft, or who have to experiment with new ingredients and materials to find out what to do with them.

Now, the experimentation part was done great in GW2. In WoW, it's simply not there. You do some stupid quests where you get the materials, but you don't actually experiment, do you?

BTW, Alchemy and RNG has a quite long history in WoW. I don't even remember exactly when they started with that thing - you discover new recipes randomly when you craft something you already know. You were crafting a bunch of healing potions and hoped that something happened and you learned a new recipe or maybe even more than one. Then you continued with leveling with a different recipe which provided skill levels, and hoped more. You had to discover transmutation of some elemental material to another by making any other different transmutation (instead of experimenting with the element which you actually want to transmute into something else).

This is a very sad story, and it's continuing. Yes, professions got a bit of an upgrade because you have to invest a bit more than farming your garrison or working the barn and doing your daily research CDs. But the random element is not what crafting is about. Especially not the random stats on gear.

Boy, oh boy! Random stats. As if we don't know anything about our professions and just mindlessly put things together and hope for the best. This is not how an expert craftsman would work! A good profession system would actually HAVE a system, not RNG. Like - you want something with crit and haste? Then use extra materials which are associated with crit and haste, like some kind of elemental fire and air. You want versatility and mastery? Get water and earth. (Just some examples here). You want to upgrade some stat on your crafted gear and add more crit? Then add more elemental fire. Want to improve the basis stats, then work more cloth/leather/scales/metal (and possibly some extra reagent as a catalyst).

This would be a crafting SYSTEM which is worth the name. Currently, crafting is still in a sore state.

They are? OMG there is gonna be a riot then in my group of Mythic+ because of this.
    Do you actually have a point? Alchemy wont be useless tomorrow. I said that. In my first post to this thread. Which you quoted. Do you actually have anything productive to add or just want argue for sake of argueing even though you have only quite nicely proven my point..

Still miles better than WoD professions.

Deleted
    Do you actually have a point? Alchemy wont be useless tomorrow. I said that. In my first post to this thread. Which you quoted. Do you actually have anything productive to add or just want argue for sake of argueing even though you have only quite nicely proven my point..
    When did i say alchemy will be useless? please elaborate because i seriously do not get what made you think that.
    I just said that bloods of sargeras being soulbound is gonna be a problem for the ones who do not have alchemy.
    Yes i did prove your point, i was wrong and you were right, happy now?
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-10-25 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Still miles better than WoD professions.
    What a high bar they had to reach to do that right? Sure it is better but then any steps forward they made they took steps back making rng so huge in all professions. Or have you not done cooking with noomi or tried learning a rank 3 in most professions specially alchemy? Rng makes nothing better and is lazy design and legion has more rng than ever before.

Deleted
    I think crafted relics are by far the best!!!
    Hard to get recipes(at least some), moderately expensive/hard to craft and very competitive and might last for a long time!!!1!!1!

Really have no idea what is the point of those... maybe if they could be upgraded with obliterum, but as it is... i havent crafted one, didnt use any of them and cant see why anyone would craft/buy one.
    Some are even convinced that its bugged or something, and that they should have been upgradeable, but blizz messed up or forgot or whatever, as they make no sense whatsoever

What a high bar they had to reach to do that right? Sure it is better but then any steps forward they made they took steps back making rng so huge in all professions. Or have you not done cooking with noomi or tried learning a rank 3 in most professions specially alchemy? Rng makes nothing better and is lazy design and legion has more rng than ever before.
    Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of some of the RNG and time gated stuff. But I think that's to make certain raid consumables a little more valuable on the AH.

I've got at least rank 2 in all of my cooking recipes and have been selling stacks of the 375 state food for about 5k each. I also have rank 3 for the Agility flasks and managed to proc 12 stack from one craft at one point.

Imagine if everyone could easily achieve rank 3's in all of their professions in short time. The consumables will be flooding the AH and in turn make the selling prices tank. I suppose that would be a good thing for the raiders, but for people like me that play the AH, I'd be rewarded far less gold for my efforts. I've made over 2 million gold since the expac released by selling food and flasks alone.

The prices are bound to decrease once the Blood vendor goes live shortly. But I at least enjoyed making a fortune while it lasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the way we level professions and get new recipes, except cooking. That Nomi is a complete waste of fur.

However i feel some profession are just better to have than others, as a raider i really wish i had Herb/Alch, both for my own sake and to make money.
    I currently have BS/Mining and i feel it's a complete waste, little to no money to be made. And i have nearly everything at level 3.

But overall i like the new professions alot, would just wish we got new things more often.

I'm not even sure how it's better. because there are quests?

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of some of the RNG and time gated stuff. But I think that's to make certain raid consumables a little more valuable on the AH.

I've got at least rank 2 in all of my cooking recipes and have been selling stacks of the 375 stat food for about 5k each. I also have rank 3 for the Agility flasks and managed to proc a 12 stack from one craft at one point.

Imagine if everyone could easily achieve rank 3's in all of their professions in short time. The consumables will be flooding the AH and in turn make the selling prices tank. I suppose that would be a good thing for the raiders, but for people like me that play the AH, I'd be rewarded far less gold for my efforts. I've made over 2 million gold since the expac released by selling food and flasks alone.

The prices are bound to decrease once the Blood vendor goes live shortly. But I at least enjoyed making a fortune while it lasted.