Possibly huge tip to help with Frost low DPS

After trying frost and never really doing well with it even following guides to a T - I think I have found the problem and it may help alot of other frost mages. Having mained a mage for many years I am used to ABC (always be casting) and queuing up spells, and keybinding my spells I use all the time. Based on this guide I have frost bolt keybound to 1, flurry to 2 and ice lance to 3. I am usually hard casting frostbolt then when brain freeze procs as quick as I can hit flurry, which is instant cast, then 3 for ice lance - IE right from the guide on brain freeze proc hard cast frostbolt then instant cast flurry, then ice lance. The problem is - doing this I hit 1 for a few seconds for frostbolt then 2-3 in quick succession - trying to maximize casts. When doing this my ICE LANCEs DISAPPEARED! I ran skada - no ice lance damage! Tried details - same thing. I have a super fast PC (5 Ghz) and less than 50ms latency. If however, I pause for a second after hitting flurry then hit ice lance BAM! It works - much more DPS! I was over 15 feet from target as well. Such a simple fix to more DPS! Never had to pause before between spells - actually it normally pays to que them up a little in advance. Hope this helps others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your disappearing ice lance cast seems like it could be an issue with your lag tolerance. Basically, its a setting that tells Blizzard how long in advance to start detecting the next spell to queue. Never, ever, ever manually delay longer than your GCD. (An exception can be made for comet storm + ice nova, but thats another matter entirely)

Set it low, and queueing becomes practically impossible.
    Set it too high...and not much happens honestly.
    I posted a link in the frost mage sticky describing how to change your lag tolerance. Personally, I have mine set between 200-400 ms, even though I run with a steady 60ms latency. It makes spell queuing really easy, and helped a lot during the double-IL era.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambereldus View Post
    Your disappearing ice lance cast seems like it could be an issue with your lag tolerance. Basically, its a setting that tells Blizzard how long in advance to start detecting the next spell to queue. Never, ever, ever manually delay longer than your GCD. (An exception can be made for comet storm + ice nova, but thats another matter entirely)

Set it low, and queueing becomes practically impossible.
    Set it too high...and not much happens honestly.
    I posted a link in the frost mage sticky describing how to change your lag tolerance. Personally, I have mine set between 200-400 ms, even though I run with a steady 60ms latency. It makes spell queuing really easy, and helped a lot during the double-IL era.
    eh, i have mine set to 40 and i can queue up an ability like a second in advance just fine..

10+ Year Old Account
    I should clarify: TOO low can cause issues.