Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Silly question, do i have to use barrage just after evocation or is there room for 2 more AB and hopefully AM procs?
    There is room for pretty much anything you feel comfortable with. That's the beauty of this new mastery system: the only 2 things that matter are that you always have mana to keep casting and that you used all your mana when evocation comes off cd.

Therefore, feel free to use your mana accordingly. If, for example, a dps trinket procs while evocation is finishing, you should burn some of your mana to tag along with that proc. Just remember that, what counts, is that you never run off until your evocation comes off cd, otherwise your damage is going to suffer a lot (much much less if you have Mystic Kilt though).

Also should i prioritize AM over AB even during AP?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Also should i prioritize AM over AB even during AP?
    Nope. During AP, you should only cast AM if you have 3 stacks. You want to throw out as many AB as possible, due to mana cost reduction from AP, without risking to lose potential AM procs in the process.

so 7.1.5 is getting closer and it seems im changing from fire to arcane , so i want to know how should stats be for arcane around ilvls 870-880 ? i have a lot of gear so what my crit haste and mastery would be ? can you enlighten me plz ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ratuhan View Post
    so 7.1.5 is getting closer and it seems im changing from fire to arcane , so i want to know how should stats be for arcane around ilvls 870-880 ? i have a lot of gear so what my crit haste and mastery would be ? can you enlighten me plz ?
    Unfortunately nobody can tell you this yet. We don't know yet what talents will be optimal. Stats depend on spell balance and talent choices which will then also influence relic and trinket choices. It is easy to assume that you'll still need a reasonable amount of Haste and then a lot of Mastery, with Crit/Versa nearby, but literally no way to know if it's true until they finish making changes.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Unfortunately nobody can tell you this yet. We don't know yet what talents will be optimal. Stats depend on spell balance and talent choices which will then also influence relic and trinket choices. It is easy to assume that you'll still need a reasonable amount of Haste and then a lot of Mastery, with Crit/Versa nearby, but literally no way to know if it's true until they finish making changes.

Thanks for your answer. What about stats on live ? How should they be so i can start training on dummy and see results

10+ Year Old Account
    This is something you should check for yourself using simulationcraft. It depends on the gear you have available... you need a decent amount of Haste to make the spec properly playable and an appopriate level of Mastery so you can cast more spells. This depends on your haste. When your haste and mastery are in a good balance, then Versatility and Crit become better. Whenever you get a bit more Haste or some more Mastery, the balance is again wrong until you get more of the other one.

And the best way to know that is from simulations. I can give you my personal example. I'm currently at 875 item level. I have 4500 Haste and 12700 Mastery and my simulation is telling me that I should get some more Crit and some more Versatility. That means that Haste/Mastery are in a reasonable balance.

We'll definitely be smarter after the patch because with Quickening finally gone we'll be able to have more precise answers for everyone.

Nether tempest > erosion on ST too?
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Nether tempest > erosion on ST too?
    Yeah NT is mathematically the best for both single target and aoe currently on live. Erosion possibly becomes better for sustain damage on 4+ mobs, but you rarely have time to sustain that much in places where it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Yeah NT is mathematically the best for both single target and aoe currently on live. Erosion possibly becomes better for sustain damage on 4+ mobs, but you rarely have time to sustain that much in places where it matters.
    Will be curious to see if it stays that way after the slight NT nerf that they did. I hope not, since i don't like that an ability clearly designed for AoE situations is also more powerful on pure ST.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Will be curious to see if it stays that way after the slight NT nerf that they did. I hope not, since i don't like that an ability clearly designed for AoE situations is also more powerful on pure ST.
    I hope so too because I don't particularly like using Nether Tempest, because I feel like I'm using it more for the chance of procing Missiles than its damage, even though the damage is not really that bad at all. However, I ran dungeons a couple of times with Resonance and Erosion instead of Supernova/NT and without those two extra abilities the rotation is a bit boring. So now depending on the dungeon and group composition I just decide between Supernova/Resonance (aoe interrupt vs. more aoe damage) and just always keep Nether Tempest.

Is it just me or do the Nighthold mastery trinkets look like crap? Especially compared to the Karazhan ruby.

Overpowered+Gul'dan trinket looks strong... but much stronger for fire.

Deleted
    For the conservation phase I've heard a few different things now. Some say to just refresh NT and use Arcane Explosion in the last 1-2 seconds of Quickening to keep it refreshed until you have ~15s on Evocation and to then burn. Others say to just cycle 3 ABlast -> ABarrage to remain somewhat mana neutral, and a few other ones. What's the actual correct one to be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalon View Post
    For the conservation phase I've heard a few different things now. Some say to just refresh NT and use Arcane Explosion in the last 1-2 seconds of Quickening to keep it refreshed until you have ~15s on Evocation and to then burn. Others say to just cycle 3 ABlast -> ABarrage to remain somewhat mana neutral, and a few other ones. What's the actual correct one to be doing?
    I wouldn't mind, quickening will be removed with 7.1.5 so it's useless to learn how to use it now
    Rogues are fine ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    As we now have a relevant Arcane guide, I am removing and locking this thread and stickying the guide for further Arcane discussions.