Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because Illidan has always been an anti hero. Taking out the demonic out of the big Demon Hunter lead would be pretty contradicting to the Illidari theme. See Arthas did fall but his story is much different then Illidan. He also wasn't the big lead of Paladins. Uther was, and his fall was different. Far as we know about Illidan in WCIII he was already fallen in a sort.

So no we don't need a reality check.
    Was it confirmed that Illidan will be wielding the Light though? Someone could still fight for the Army of Light without wielding the Light himself. Or the fact that he could wield the Light does not mean that his demonic part will be gone. That may be why they introduced a demon converted to the Light in the paladin class hall. If a full demon can wield the Light, a half demon should be able too.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No he didn't, Illidan chewed the the demonic influence and spit it out like a boss because he is Illidan. If you read the latest novel you would know that when the Illidary were given the same demonic powers and visions they all went a little crazy but when those same powers and visions were given to Illidan by Sargeras he didn't even flinch, Illidan's willpower is unmatched. You don't know much of the character if you don't know what he is capable of
    He still has demonic features and abilities so that theme is still there so I don't know wtf you are going on about. I do know what I'm talking about. He might of mastered his inner demons but he still has a demon soul. That will always be a part of him.

Was it confirmed that Illidan will be wielding the Light though? Someone could still fight for the Army of Light without wielding the Light himself. Or the fact that he could wield the Light does not mean that his demonic part will be gone. That may be why they introduced a demon converted to the Light in the paladin class hall. If a full demon can wield the Light, a half demon should be able too.
    No, it was just hinting in the Illidan Novel and Xe'ra talking about such things. It's mostly well educated guess that is where they are going(Outside of HAHA WE FOOLED YOU plot twist). The more interesting part was when Illidan himself was first spoken to by Xe'ra, even he was skeptical of such a destiny.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Lothraxion that was his name and he looks impressive

I personally don't mind that Illidan is becoming the ultimate good guy now, but I wish they would have gone for some sort of actual redemption instead of telling the players "see, it was YOU who was wrong all along! Don't you feel bad, now?". Because... No, I don't feel bad. I just feel confused because all X'era showed me is that Illidan was a spoiled brat, and turned into a really awful person who decided others had to sacrifice their lives without first consulting them.

They had an opportunity to retell the story with a more sympathetic point of view, but all they did was berate the player for not loving Illidan as is. Ultimately this questline only made me wonder if X'era is actually who she claims to be, or if she's some trick an enemy is playing on us.

Deleted
    He still has demonic features and abilities so that theme is still there so I don't know wtf you are going on about. I do know what I'm talking about. He might of mastered his inner demons but he still has a demon soul. That will always be a part of him.
    I am talking about the mental issues (few almost to none), keep up will you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    I am talking about the mental issues (few almost to none), keep up will you
    And? Doesn't change the fact that his theme is demonic and taking the demonic out of the most powerful of all Demon Hunters would be really dumb. It's bad enough Xe'ra scolds us for going after Illidan(IF you killed him in TBC).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    I personally don't mind that Illidan is becoming the ultimate good guy now, but I wish they would have gone for some sort of actual redemption instead of telling the players "see, it was YOU who was wrong all along! Don't you feel bad, now?". Because... No, I don't feel bad. I just feel confused because all X'era showed me is that Illidan was a spoiled brat, and turned into a really awful person who decided others had to sacrifice their lives without first consulting them.

They had an opportunity to retell the story with a more sympathetic point of view, but all they did was berate the player for not loving Illidan as is. Ultimately this questline only made me wonder if X'era is actually who she claims to be, or if she's some trick an enemy is playing on us.
    No my friend don't fall into this trap set by the haters. We still don't know what will happen he may get a good redemption at the end of the expansion, be patient

- - - Updated - - -

And? Doesn't change the fact that his theme is demonic and taking the demonic out of the most powerful of all Demon Hunters would be really dumb. It's bad enough Xe'ra scolds us for going after Illidan(IF you killed him in TBC).
    why are you changing the subject, don't like where this is going?

No my friend don't fall into this trap set by the haters. We still don't know what will happen he may get a good redemption at the end of the expansion, be patient

- - - Updated - - -

why are you changing the subject, don't like where this is going?
    I really hope that the master succeeds in making illidans physical body his vessel. Would make peeps like you go away. But still, just be glad that you DH adicts are not as cringy as the cringelords over there, complaining about the better faction and all that.

Maybe, but that doesn't change this quest line. I don't have anything against Illidan, I hate X'era if anything. Trying to force the blame on players without changing anything is a stupid way to retcon the story.

It amuses me that people are still surprised by Blizzard's atrocious writing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivion666 View Post
    How the fuck did you finish Illidan questline?!

I did the 2nd chapter(the one in Black Rook Hold) like weeks ago and haven't got any new quest ever since!
    gated by AK level
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    i really hope that the master succeeds in making illidans physical body his vessel. Would make peeps like you go away. But still, just be glad that you dh adicts are not as cringy as the cringelords over there, complaining about the better faction and all that.
    bhahahahaha omg wtf

bhahahahaha omg wtf
    Idk why you laugh at the face of the legion. We're gonna win, and we're gonna destroy all of existence. You might've sacrificed everything, but what's to stop us from destroying YOU anyway DH? You're pretty much asking for it even more than the others. That's kind of a like a suicide note in a sense. :/

Deleted
    Idk why you laugh at the face of the legion. We're gonna win, and we're gonna destroy all of existence. You might've sacrificed everything, but what's to stop us from destroying YOU anyway DH? You're pretty much asking for it even more than the others. That's kind of a like a suicide note in a sense. :/
    joke aside you do know that the old gods are taking advantage of your invasion to free themselves right?

**** Xe'ra. My character in game anyways has helped stop Malygos, Arthas, Ragnaros 2.0, Deathwing, Garrosh and more, and I need redemption because Illidan screwed up and reaped the consequenes of his own mistakes? I was fine with the idea of an Illidan REDEMPTION arc, but this isn't a redemption arc. This is a 'Illidan was right all along and can do no wrong' arc with a cosmic entity from the beginning of time lecturing me for having 'hatred in my heart' that corrupted me? Screw you wind chime.

I don't mind Illidan being the big hero this time around but for the love of god I hope the in game narrative also establshes that he made mistakes along the way too.
    Last edited by Florena; 2016-09-26 at 04:03 AM.

joke aside you do know that the old gods are taking advantage of your invasion to free themselves right?
    Of course. However, they're no threat to us. As long as they're able to damage the mortal hearts, then it's not threat towards might. Also, wont the pillars free them? I mean, sure, it stops our invasion. However, what's the point? We'll not just come back, but we'll come back even stronger. Also, you have the old gods to worry about as well. So...ehehehe.

Deleted
    Of course. However, they're no threat to us. As long as they're able to damage the mortal hearts, then it's not threat towards might. Also, wont the pillars free them? I mean, sure, it stops our invasion. However, what's the point? We'll not just come back, but we'll come back even stronger. Also, you have the old gods to worry about as well. So...ehehehe.
    pfft demons

Until Blizz plugs it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Until Blizz plugs it all off.
    Meh, we still have like 7 expansions until then. So, enjoy boosting up your character a bit more....until he/she becomes a SSJGSSJ2/3. Cause...well...in your curretn state, you won't even look at sargeras.

- - - Updated - - -

pfft demons
    Pfft....illidari :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I think it was, but even then it doesn't go against Illidan's character. He uses fel simply because he finds it the best power to fight the legion with. If he comes accross an enemy to which light was the best (or only in his mind) chance to claim victory he's the type of person to leap at the chance. Cause power is power regardless of the source.