Tank Spec for Mythic + 5 mans?

I'm just wondering if people are taking Heavy Reprucusions over Ravager.
    Into the Fray over Vengeance?
    And I'm seeing a lot of people running Renewed Fury over Ultimatum.

Renewed Fury seems to increase my overall damage but not having Ultimatum makes keeping up Ignore Pain harder.

After the hotfix is live you never want to touch Vengeance again. It has no defensive benefit anymore outside Ultimatum procs.

Until the Vengeance nerf is live, run Ultimatum/Vengeance. After that... honestly, I don't know. Someone smarter can probably answer. I'll probably go back to Renewed Fury/Into The Fray myself, even if it's boring. I run Ravager over Heavy Repercussions, mostly because I don't end up using Shield Block all that much. That'll probably change post Vengeance nerf, though.

I'm not any kind of expert, but seeing as no one else replied, here we are.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly Shield Block is too cheap not to use and provides quite a bit of benefit especially in dungeons.

On top of blocking and crit blocking mitigating a ton of melee damage, Shield Block also increases the chance for Dragon Scales to proc which leads to larger Ignore Pains and also more Scales of Earth procs which increases damage output slightly but more importantly more damage reduction. In addition, Shatter the Bones also increases Shield Slam crit chance 15% during Shield Block.

To answer OP's question, Ultimatum + Vengeance has been pretty good for increasing both offensive and defensive factors, but the nerf coming tuesday kind of hurts that quite a bit. For 5 mans, I generally run Avatar/Into The Fray/Heavy Rep for 5mans and now that Vengeance is getting nerfed I'll likely continue to run that but better to wait and see how the nerf actually ends up being. It works for me and people seem to like when I tank so I guess it works for me. I can imagine Ravager providing a decent damage increase for trash packs though. Heavy Rep is dependable so I prefer it, but some would probably have their own opinions.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2016-09-25 at 04:27 AM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

15+ Year Old Account
    Been using Renewed Fury + ITTF + Ravager with solid success for mythic+.

Deleted
    What about stat priority/weights for Mythic+? I've been using a Haste > Mastery > Vers build (about 25% haste, 40% mastery, 7% versa). Mostly it feels good but at some points I feel like I'm taking a bit too much damage. I have a Versa > Str > Mastery > Haste set but this feels kinda sluggish to play in dungeons. I've read Haste > Versa > Mastery is another option - would this be better for Mythic+ and keep the haste > mastery build for DPS in heroics/WQs etc?

Quote Originally Posted by qwazlak View Post
    What about stat priority/weights for Mythic+? I've been using a Haste > Mastery > Vers build (about 25% haste, 40% mastery, 7% versa). Mostly it feels good but at some points I feel like I'm taking a bit too much damage. I have a Versa > Str > Mastery > Haste set but this feels kinda sluggish to play in dungeons. I've read Haste > Versa > Mastery is another option - would this be better for Mythic+ and keep the haste > mastery build for DPS in heroics/WQs etc?
    I, personally, favor Mastery > Versatility > Haste. This also provides more damage by giving you more Attack Power, and increasing your critical block chance. More crit blocks is more Scales of the Earth procs and more damage, while also providing substantially more physical mitigation with that snazzy armor buff. You're also slightly more likely to proc Dragon Scales with higher block.

I'm no Mythic+ expert, but that's what I've found myself preferring. I also don't have a lot of high versatility gear, though.

I personally still run my Veng/Ulti/HR build in Mythic+. It may not be the highest damage, but it's safe and comfortable. Which means I can generally pull a couple extra packs at the time. My gear is still poorly optimized, because drops hate me, but I'm trying to transition away my crit and haste into mast and vers.

as for after the tuning... I probably won't change anything, to be honest. Vengeance won't be AS strong, but between Shatter the Bones and Battle Cry, it'll still be cheaper IPs for free on occasion.