General thoughts on Druid?

Hey all, just after everyone's general thought on druid so far in legion. I haven't seen many, if any feral/boomkin/guardians in my groups so far so was curious maybe why so? Are you not perform in great in mythics?

As far as world content goes I assume all 3 specs are doing great (resto affinity must make life a breeze)

As balance I've performed decently in mythic+0 at least, top of damage or close to the top player. TBF the mage I play with is a bit lower geared than me though. The randoms I play with seem to be performing close to my level or slightly lower. AoE is definitely my weakness since the ramp-up to starfall or FoE is pretty huge. All based on my personal experience which may vary from group to group.
    Not done any raiding yet.

guardian, best tank. Cant be killed =p so many cds.

Every spec we have is good.

Feral is the most complex spec left

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Deleted
    I love Boomkin. The lack of RNG is so refreshing. If i am behind the tank in the meters it's because I screwed up and not that I just had bad luck. <3

What really concerns me atm is the fairly poor itemization for EN and NH. Although they could easily tweak NH, Nightmare-Loot is for the greater part pretty dump. If I compare what I really want on my druid from there to what a firemage could get out of there I most confess I'm kind of jealous. But then I play my Mage for a few hours, come back to my owl and instantly all doubts are gone, replaced by a "Holy Batman, I'm still gonna do it.".

Maybe having had a fury-warrior in vanilla that had to search and farm for gear in the strangest places helped me ^^.

How do you see feral as complex? Keep up sr, refresh dots on blood talons, win? is feral aoe still piss poor?

Good to see boomies are doing awesome, still having aoe issues as usual though? Haha

Guardian sounds great! I'm lvling as feral but occasionally doing dungeons as guardian so it's neat so far.

Deleted
    Feral: plays like always - SR as i prefer Incarnation, sustained aoe still suffers but with brutal slashes you can contribute a bit on burst aoe finally.
    Moonkin: plays like a charm, I didnt play it anytime before this addon, during WoD it felt akward to me the one time I tried. Now seems solid gameplaywise but for missing AP cant really tell about performance
    Restoration: solid as always, HoTs may seem like tickeling only but they work fine, healing touch now does a good job
    Guardian: With a healer on the back pretty tough, but on solo its nowhere near where it was. This is ok as main job is playing with a healer anyway and open world works fine anyway. Currently comparing to a Demonhunter, a bear wont drop that fast, nor does he regenerate as fast neither, smoother impression. Compared to a Warrior, they definitly have different traits, I can tank stuff that hurts Warriors alot, but same goes the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    How do you see feral as complex? Keep up sr, refresh dots on blood talons, win? is feral aoe still piss poor?

Good to see boomies are doing awesome, still having aoe issues as usual though? Haha

Guardian sounds great! I'm lvling as feral but occasionally doing dungeons as guardian so it's neat so far.
    SR costing energy and only lasting 24 seconds, and jagged wounds reducing bleed timers, plus keeping up moonfire, with the limited resources of feral leads to the consensus that feral is hard. Compared to almost every other spec in the game which got simplified i'd personally definitely agree with this statement, but your mileage may vary.

Current feral definitely feels like it has the john madden thing back though. Which is good imo.

I can only speak for Guardian, Resto and Balance. All are doing very well. I honestly don't know why you're not seeing more druids.

Deleted
    there's a general bias in the community against druid dps specs for ease of farming mythics. both have a lot of ramp up, but are still very good specs, indeed i'm up to +8 on my boomkin. you dont see that many guardians because i've seen a lot of tanks complaining about them still feeling too simple, 3 buttons, 4 if specced into GG - which you always should be, but with both GG and gore procs the spec feels really fun to play.

essentially pug groups dont like druid DPSers, tanks have a general distaste for the guardian playstyle - no difficulty in keeping active mitigation up for checks, good dps, just simple simple rotation which tanks dont seem to like. so you seee less of these specs, but they're all good

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post

Name a spec that's more complex than feral at this time. inb4havoc cuz u gotta use abilities in 4 sec window that's a byproduct of the rotation xD!!

Guardian simpleness seems great fun :P is the spec secure for mythics and mythic+? I've been playing a vengeance dh lately so obviously my health pool moves around like an unstable heart monitor it's mad.

My general thoughts on druid is that they are a fun versatile class.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    Name a spec that's more complex than feral at this time. inb4havoc cuz u gotta use abilities in 4 sec window that's a byproduct of the rotation xD!!
    I just personally find it funny how feral is still considered as the most complex spec, tells so much about the other classes. Back in MoP i would've agreed that Feral was among the most complex specs thanks to snapshotting etc. but literally all the complexity from those days is gone. Managing Roar and Rip with Jagged wounds is pain the ass, there's nothing hard about applying them though. Havoc is.. different, i don't know what is harder to play. However i feel that the fast pace of Havoc somehow makes me feel that i'm more in control of the spec and that way it feels more rewarding because i always have resources to do what i want.
    Last edited by mmocf683562dda; 2016-09-25 at 07:31 PM.

HMMM when druid are pretty good.
    I only try tanking and healing and a bit of boomkin.
    Tanking theya re pretty good lot's of hp good CD's. The major difference I find is that it takes more skills to play then say a prot pally or port warrior. Druid tanking healing a a bit different. I found pally self heal is the best so far and they have more "oh shxt" button to save them while we don't. Port warrior ingore pain is very powerful.
    Healing. As long as the group doesn't do something stupid your HoT's is more than enough. However, if they do dumb thing than you will have a hard time getting everyone up. I found this to be good and bad. In dungeons where there are lot's of AoE damage you just have to let your HoT's do the work. Unlike my holy pally where I can do great ST heal I can't handle AoE damage very well. I do found that resto druid uses a lot more mana than my holy pally.

Deleted
    I just don't really get it why pugs hate us moonkins so. Luckily enough I got a regular bunch of guy who love what I can bring.

"Blanket"-Silence is pretty good.
    Innervate with the 30% haste is godlike.
    Priority-Burst is good if you set it up.
    Single-Target is good.
    Sustained AoE is great.
    Spread-Out AoR is great.
    Rooting is more useful then most people think. Makes Adds in some encounters pretty much a non-issue.
    A 5s Stun is great.
    Treants are lifesavers.
    Resto-Affinity helps to prevent wipes.
    Battlerez is great.

There is so much you can do to help a group that is more then just plain damage. I can take it that I am not as good at wiping the floor with trashmobs as DHs are, as a price for all the useful things I can do to help out in other departments.

For the people commenting on boomies lack of aoe, I had that problem for a little while, but fixed now. In any case for dungeons (mythic+). Start with dotting everything, use astral communion to get your power for starfall, lunar strikes while starfall is going, by the time it fades you should have enough power for another starfall, and keep using the moons ofc, preferably on priority targets. Make sure you are left with some astral power on the end of the pack, so that you have plenty to cast starfall again for the next pack, rince and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    I just personally find it funny how feral is still considered as the most complex spec, tells so much about the other classes. Back in MoP i would've agreed that Feral was among the most complex specs thanks to snapshotting etc. but literally all the complexity from those days is gone. Managing Roar and Rip with Jagged wounds is pain the ass, there's nothing hard about applying them though. Havoc is.. different, i don't know what is harder to play. However i feel that the fast pace of Havoc somehow makes me feel that i'm more in control of the spec and that way it feels more rewarding because i always have resources to do what i want.
    Snapshotting's still around though, isn't it?

Feral is awesome and VERY complex in real-world situations where you have to dynamically decide how to get the best synergy effects when you can't do everything due to movement, interrupts, etc.

Was worried picking Feral as my first thing to level as everyone whined about it in Beta (it does have a long ramp-up time) but it has been a lot of fun, no regrets at all, and for the first time like ever it's a relatively unique class/spec and you don't see the class hall full of feral cats all the time.

Tried Resto but so far I hate it. All healing in Legion is just not my cup of tea right now. Maybe later.

Boomkin I haven't tried but it looks boring to me.