Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question [Ret Paladin] Stat Weights.

Hey guys!

I'm currently looking at my stat weights in Ret for use with AMR.

I've simulated my char and got my weights:

Strength - 8.58
    Haste - 6.15
    Crit - 5.36
    Vers - 5.03
    Mastery - 4.62

Now since i need 30% haste (9853 rating on gear) i NEED to put in a ''Capped Weight'' to say how important haste is after i've hit my 30% cap.

I'm wondering how decent is haste after that 30% cap?
    Would i want Vers/Mastery over that or not?

Just wondered your thoughts on what the weight should be x

I would assume it's similar to Holy Paladins in the sense that once you hit your "soft cap" you want to focus elsewhere rather than focus on haste anymore. Could be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by IckyPaladin View Post

I'm wondering how decent is haste after that 30% cap?
    On my sims, simming my own gear, haste is by far the worst stat after 30%, using Crusade as the talent-of-choice on the last tier.
    Versatility and Critical Strike are at the top, with Mastery a rather disappointing third.

But the stat weights are heavily affected by your talent choices and to some extent by your trinket choices.

Haste already sims bottom for me at 22%. This "needing 30%" thing is a myth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    And for me at 27% haste(22% crit and 26% mastery) its above strength... this ""needing 30%" thing is a myth" is a myth.

Currently(before balance changes):
    Haste=7.74
    Strength=6.89
    Ap=6.67
    Versatility=5.70
    Crit=5.20
    Mastery=4.75
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2016-09-26 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    AAAND AGAIN:

haste is pretty damn volatile you have let´s call it minicaps shortly before the cap haste will sim stupidly high shortly after it will sim just as bad and even worth than mastery.
    Rule of thumb is to go for the haste pieces and sim it. if you get items with significantly higher ilvl and and you are not sure if it is an upgrade put them into your bank. After a week of collecting gear or after a raid evening set aside 3-4 hours and sim every possible combination for your gear until you eyes bleed.
    IF you wan´t it quick and dirty do a haste gear only sim, then a max ilvl sim followed by a mixed sim where you only exchange the items with +10ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    Rule of thumb is to go for the haste pieces and sim it. if you get items with significantly higher ilvl and and you are not sure if it is an upgrade put them into your bank.
    That doesn't work that well after ilvl 850, when you start starving for better gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    That doesn't work that well after ilvl 850, when you start starving for better gear.
    in that case you should be done with the 30% hast drama anyway ... given that the loot god didn´t show you the middle finger since day one

Due to the impending buff tomorrow, you should be using SimC's latest nightly builds, located here (pick the top one): http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

Armory import is also broken, so the easiest way to get your gear/spec into SimC is via the Simcraft addon, and typing /simc as a command: https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/simulationcraft

Mastery isn't quite as far down in the dumpster as it was before, but it's still our worst stat for single target. Due to the Divine Storm buff coming up, in scenarios where you use Greater Judgment/DS, Mastery's value will shoot up as more targets are added. Vers/Crit will always ping pong, and are dependent of which talent you choose - namely Virtue's Blade/Blade of Virtue.

Deleted
    in that case you should be done with the 30% hast drama anyway ... given that the loot god didn´t show you the middle finger since day one
    The RNG gods did; but i returned the favor with crafting; so yes, i'm at 30%.

Hi guys! I would like to know how you come up with those result and how you calculate it? And how can I do it for my Palprot?

I can't use SImC due to my windoze being 32x ;(

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hi guys! I would like to know how you come up with those result and how you calculate it? And how can I do it for my Palprot?
    I used Ask Mr Robot.
    You can make an account, click "Simulate" at the top, then "Run New Simulation" and pick "Gearing Strategy" (takes about 20-30 mins)

This just shows you your weights
    (Obviously you would need to manually input any caps you want yourself [like Ret 30% haste]. Also some classes you may need to fiddle with the weights yourself, but its definitely a great tool)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I can't use SImC due to my windoze being 32x ;(
    Download win32 version?
    SimcSetup-703-03-Win32.exe sure does sound like 32 bit version :P
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

Its 2 days older than win64 version, but its not like it doesnt exist...
    Also, if you download from there, hotfixes are already in, and were in for a while now...
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2016-09-29 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by genai View Post
    Download win32 version?
    SimcSetup-703-03-Win32.exe sure does sound like 32 bit version :P
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org/?C=M;O=D

Its 2 days older than win64 version, but its not like it doesnt exist...
    Also, if you download from there, hotfixes are already in, and were in for a while now...
    thank you, I'm blind and deaf and one-handed so it's a chore to find on my own

Deleted
    thank you, I'm blind and deaf and one-handed so it's a chore to find on my own
    thats the price you have to pay for wacking off that much

thats the price you have to pay for wacking off that much
    no this is how I roll

Soulja boy off in this hoe
    Watch me lean and watch me rock
    Super man that hoe
    Then watch me crank that Robocop
    Super fresh, now watch me jock
    Jocking on them haters man
    When I do that soulja boy
    I lean to the left and crank that thang

- - - Updated - - -

Since I'm very skilled at SimC, a little advice is required.
    How do I get my stat values??

Quote Originally Posted by ThePants999 View Post
    Then you are probably doing some stupid shit, like using Zeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    no this is how I roll

Soulja boy off in this hoe
    Watch me lean and watch me rock
    Super man that hoe
    Then watch me crank that Robocop
    Super fresh, now watch me jock
    Jocking on them haters man
    When I do that soulja boy
    I lean to the left and crank that thang

- - - Updated - - -

Since I'm very skilled at SimC, a little advice is required.
    How do I get my stat values??
    Options > Scaling

Check the box Enable Scaling and then all the boxes that you want for your ret, like, str, haste, mast, w/e.

Simulate and after is done, go to results

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Then you are probably doing some stupid shit, like using Zeal.
    Except Zeal currently sims higher single target than TFoJ for my gear so its not always stupid shit. The 30% haste rule is not a thing