Deleted

[Anime/ Manga] Drifters

Written and illustrated by Kouta Hirano (known for Hellsing) this is his most recent work.
    The television anime adaptation will begin airing on October 7, 2016.
    A 40min OVA has already been aired and you can watch it online.

The animation in the OVA was pretty amazing on par or better than Hellsing Ultimate edition.
    Can't wait for it.
    Warning: plenty of blood and gory scenes

Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-25 at 02:03 AM.

What is the series about?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    What is the series about?
    Various historical figures from feudal japan are summoned to an unknown world where their skills and techniques are needed by magicians in order to save their world from destruction.

The drifters are historical figures from japan like Nobunaga etc in a parallel universe. They are considered dead in their time but they were summoned to this dimension for unknown reasons (to me because i haven't read the manga)
    This new universe have elfs, dragons and magicians and they speak a different language. I don't even know how the main character is going to comunicate with the people from this place for the rest of the serie. They speak a different dialect.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-25 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Various historical figures from feudal japan are summoned to an unknown world where their skills and techniques are needed by magicians in order to save their world from destruction.

The drifters are historical figures from japan like Nobunaga etc in a parallel universe. They are considered dead in their time but they were summoned to this dimension for unknown reasons (to me because i haven't read the manga)
    This new universe have elfs, dragons and magicians and they speak a diferent language. I don't even know how the main character is going to comunicate with the people from this place for the rest of the serie. They speak a different dialect.
    So basically Fate but with a heroic end-goal to it? Intriguing, I'll be sure to watch the first few episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I don't even know how the main character is going to comunicate with the people from this place for the rest of the serie. They speak a different dialect.
    Doesn't every entity from every universe in every production speak English by default?

- - - Updated - - -

So basically Fate but with a heroic end-goal to it? Intriguing, I'll be sure to watch the first few episodes.
    I've come to realize Fate is very similar to Zatch Bell but more serious.

Kouta Hirano is my favourite Manga illustrator, all his MCs look amazing alongside usually being a little bit mental if not outright psychotic. <3 The OVA, can't wait to see how this develops....hopefully with lots more characters brimming (whilst grinning) with bloodlust and gratuitous gore.

Deleted
    As i feared, the first 2 episodes are copied from the 40min OVA Guess i'll have to wait a little longer to watch new stuff.

The serie began airing today
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-10-08 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think it's fair to start from the beginning again. Not everyone will have seen the OVA so they'd miss the start of everything.

And might not be a good idea to link to illegal streaming sites
    Ups my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite enjoyed the first episode

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Quite enjoyed the first episode
    The second episode is going to be brutal. But you already know that if you watched the OVA.
    I enjoyed when the main bad guy got fuked up because, if you noticed, there was no girls at the village because they took them for...whatever purposes. I was so mad about that. But he got what he deserved

The serie have a good balance of action/comedy/gore. It's very unique. I'm quite enjoying it myself.

Thought the first episode showed potential, but it also felt like I was missing out on a lot by not knowing old historical Japanese characters intimately.

Deleted
    Awesome intro. The show is going good so far

I loved it when the crashed Zero pilot and Hannibal were trying to connect across the language barrier by pointing out where they were from, only for the Zero pilot to realize that Italy had officially turned against the Axis right before the end. If only Hannibal was in the know!

Deleted
    I loved it when the crashed Zero pilot and Hannibal were trying to connect across the language barrier by pointing out where they were from, only for the Zero pilot to realize that Italy had officially turned against the Axis right before the end. If only Hannibal was in the know!
    That part was so funny

I think the show is good but i was expecting awesome battle scenes. I was very disappointed by them.
    I guess the show is more about making an army, strategy in the battlefield and conquering places.

Very strange. I was expecting something else. But is kinda nice for different reasons.

Deleted
    The show is pretty good,...

but the scenes where they turn all ridiculous and start yelling stupidly at eachother just kill the whole wibe for me.