Clique + ShadowedUF: mouseovers randomly not working

Hello everyone,

I've been using Clique and SUF for years, but since the beginning of Legion I have a problem: key bind mouseovers randomly stop working until I move out of a unit frame and back in again. As a healer this is obviously very annoying, because casting heals doesn't work reliably anymore.

Has anybody experienced the same thing?

I did quite a few tests, here's the information I gathered:

• happens randomly after moving the mouse cursor to another unit frame, there is no reliably way to reproduce
    • only seems to affect keybinds, mouse button binds keep working
    • doesn't seem to be an exclusive problem of Clique + SUF. Could reproduce with Z-Perl, albeit it happens way less frequently. Couldn't reproduce with default unit frames or Pitbull
    • when the problem occurs the button on the action bar that uses the same keybind as the Clique action is activated
    • unit frame is definitely recognized, as the player model is highlighted (and mouse button binds still work as said above)

Coincidentally someone opened a bug report today with the same on Curseforge: https://wow.curseforge.com/addons/cl...wont-push-the/

Is there really nobody else who has this problem?

The author of Clique posted a fix for this somewhere. I can't remember where, but here it is.

on Clique.lua line 69

RegisterAttributeDriver(self.header, "hasunit", "[@mouseover, exists] true; false")

add a "--" so it looks like this:

--RegisterAttributeDriver(self.header, "hasunit", "[@mouseover, exists] true; false")

If you have never edited an lua file before you will want to download notepad++ to do it. After you download and install notepad++ right click on the lua file and choose "edit with notepad++".

Thanks, that did the trick. I also found the source of this fix: https://wow.curseforge.com/addons/cl...-time-to-time/

But according to the comments in that ticket this fix can introduce a problem where the exact opposite happens: instead of not casting a Clique bound spell when over a unitframe it can try to cast a clique bound spell when not hovering over a unitframe. I'll see how tonight's raid will go.