Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    So? What does that have to do with anything? How does that address my question? What conversation are you having?

Did the landlord meet his legal requirements? If not, sue him, otherwise, grow up.
    i think landlord either knows and/or isn't interested in saying anything. he hasnt been seen since around a week ago. as far as legal requirements since i'm not exactly familiar with the tenant/landlord housing rules i'm not sure but the house has some problems that need addressing, like the faulty plumbing in the kitchen sink and the wiring has issues. i'd imagine that has to be repaired before showing a prospective buyer the house. regardless the landlord said people were coming over today and they never showed, my friend called him back and the landlord said he was partying too hard and forgot to mention they cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I don't like the general "no dogs" or even "no pets" rule either. Pets are, as you said, a part of your family, and no one can/should be expected to just leave them behind/give them away. :/
    Many places where I'm at (iowa) simply charge an upfront pet fee ($250) and then an extra 50-75 a month for rent, as well as carpet cleaning/replacement sign off for when the tennents leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The insurance risk of having all those drugs being grown would be huge, another reason he hasn't told the homeowner.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a legal-ish grow operation, on a property valued at $1.2mil, that he doesn't own. Your friend if an idiot if this isn't some made up story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I can't believe that anyone would even jokingly suggest doing that.
    You'd have to be a really disgusting person to even consider doing something of the like. If you rent a house/apartment, you have to expect having to move out again later on - simple as that.

There have been illegal alien squatters in a house that was owned which couldn't get removed thanks to leftist judges. Maybe he could claim to be Mexican.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-loophole.html
    People are unused to truth.
    People follow consistent truth.
    Respect the power and impact of truth.
    Men who speak truth drive value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    There have been illegal alien squatters in a house that was owned which couldn't get removed thanks to leftist judges. Maybe he could claim to be Mexican.

Do you even believe what you just typed there? What the hell does a "leftist judge" have anything to do with Colorado law that has been on the books for years?

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-loophole.html
    It has nothing to do with leftist judges. Squatting laws been on the books for a long time, and they vary from country to country, state to state and city to city. Personally I think they are outdated and need to be removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    hes decent he just doesnt want to move. hes lived a nice quiet life in a great neighborhood for 3 years and hes had no problems with anyone, no trouble with the law and not a single complaint.
    the house does have some shitty wiring and the pipes under the kitchen sink constantly leak so maybe that'd be enough?
    When somebody is spending 1.2M on a property, they don't care about little things like that. The first thing they'll do is likely demo the whole place down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    The problem is I'm not even in Vancouver, I'm in the car theft capital of Canada.
    I thought Winnipeg beat surrey in car thefts awhile ago?

I noticed a lot of people moving to all the way to chilliwack (in just a year those property values doubled so might not be a good time now).

10+ Year Old Account
    If your friend is so concerned, he should buy the house. What he's considering is potentially illegal depending on where he lives.

And on that note, this is not the appropriate place to get suggestions on doing something potentially illegal, so I'm closing this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |