Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzards Revalueing Of Game-Time - The Return Of The Bots

blizzards restructure of economy is probably the most critical intervention in the history of WoWs market:

it is an intentional market inversion (professions) to revalue gametime via increasing additional costs:
    no raid without pots, food and (at least 4 HighEnd) some BIS-craft.

casul gamer with approx.20h/week gametime cant afford to farm mats, so they have to pay additional. this may be powergamers heaven (no real judgment, but farming...): these additional costs sum up heavily:
    flask 3k (3h/raid x3 days= 27k), pots 1 (fkkn) k (20 per raid min: 20kx3=60k????) + buffood.
    enchants (15-50k, maybe got that neck or back, hm?): so the additional costs per raidweek alone exceed the cost 4 1 month gametime, means 80€ extra-sub (*edit: per month, 80€ in China is about 1 month salary, just to set the relation).

with high probality market is not going to change dramatically with 7.1, due to the oversupply on crafts and the overdemand (due to the extremous needs for prof-lvling) on ressources:
    if blizzard isnt going to invervene again by lowering the resource costs, bots will reign surpreme again (and no, the nodes rnt "personal", but limited in time and pl).

its a bold and selfish move (and btw one the comm demanded since garrison), and contradicts the since WoD established accessiblity: itz a new barrier, that isnt as obvious as ilvl, but as mandatory. itz like a dealer offering 4 free, but charging massivly 4 the syringe.

u love, u lose, hm?
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2016-09-25 at 04:07 AM.

What about no, WoD, destroyed professions, now its payback time, poor, poor guild that took money for all these heroic mount run from poor casual, now these casual, can farm and milk guilds dry from their money

Having herbalism take 95% of all the benefits from professions isn't really payback time for the whole activity.

Most casual gamers don't need that much in consumables for a raid.

Using pots on learning fights isn't important, although it will take a bit to shift back to the LK/BC mentality of only using pots when you can push the fight with them, rather than pre-potting every pull including the first one.

Same with high end food.

Flasks are a much more manageable expenditure.

Even a casual player doing WQs can get quite a bit of raw materials from the shoulder enchants, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Casual people dont even use potions in raid to start with. Most of them dont even know they exist :')

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Order halls are going to end up proving as profitable as garrisons for those that have time to go out with alts and do a couple of WQs a day. For example:

I sent out a single Mission this morning with 840ilvl that payed 765g. It had a 200% success rate. This means the extra return is 750g additional. That was using 2 of my champions and 1 squad of archers. That was an 8 hour mission.

I have a couple more gold missions sitting there waiting on people to come back. At the moment, I am easily maintaining two characters and if I could probably keep up with upto 8-10.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will possibly be adding a Blood of Sargeras vendor that sells 20 stacks of all of the crafting items except (afiak) Felwort/Felhide/Infernal Brimstone etc
    This will lead to the market tanking for virtually everything, given that everyone and their mum has about 100+ of the things by now

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    They will possibly be adding a Blood of Sargeras vendor that sells 20 stacks of all of the crafting items except (afiak) Felwort/Felhide/Infernal Brimstone etc
    When this NPC will be add ? to trade blood of sargeras for resources ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceacia View Post
    When this NPC will be add ? to trade blood of sargeras for resources ?

Patch 7.1, which is likely for a November release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Franktank View Post
    Patch 7.1, which is likely for a November release.
    ok thanks for reply

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post

casul gamer with approx.20h/week gametime cant afford to farm mats
    Holy shit, that's casual? Half a work week?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    This will lead to the market tanking for virtually everything, given that everyone and their mum has about 100+ of the things by now
    I think you guys are overly optimistic about that. I'm an herbalist, fisher with the artifact, clear the entire map of world quests every day, run mythics, etc. And I have only gotten about 200 blood of sargeras since the expansion opened a month ago.

I could take those and turn them in for a total of 4,000 fjarnkskaggl. That sounds like a lot but I sell 400 per day from gathering. Assuming I kept posting them I'd be out of that "stock" in a little over a week, but I certainly wouldn't have replenished 200 bloods in a week. Just sayin.

There might be a temporary price reduction on the AH while everyone blows their stash of bloods and tries to sell the crafting mats... but it won't last long. All that stuff will get consumed by a couple of weeks of raiding, and then it will be a gatherer's market again.

RNG gathering on top of RNG crafting is retarded. Spending 2+ hours doing nothing but gathering and not having enough mats for 1 days worth of raiding is retarded.

Really makes me want to fire up the ole honor buddy I can't blame anyone who bots in this expansion.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    RNG gathering on top of RNG crafting is retarded. Spending 2+ hours doing nothing but gathering and not having enough mats for 1 days worth of raiding is retarded.

Really makes me want to fire up the ole honor buddy I can't blame anyone who bots in this expansion.
    this, goldsellers will also enjoy this expansion a lot.

get herb and have your problems with gold solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    this, goldsellers will also enjoy this expansion a lot.
    More likely you people aren't used to not having your resources in your Garrison so easily.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    get herb and have your problems with gold solved
    That would require intelligence, making a thread to bitch is apparently easier to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    More likely you people aren't used to not having your resources in your Garrison so easily.
    I've raided in every expansion since BC, crafting gathering and getting raid materials has never been this hard. Not even close.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I've raided in every expansion since BC, crafting gathering and getting raid materials has never been this hard. Not even close.
    I think your memory might be off.

Even just the shoulder enchant gives a significant number of mats over a week. Won't supply a raider, but a guild running them? Helps a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    I think your memory might be off.

Even just the shoulder enchant gives a significant number of mats over a week. Won't supply a raider, but a guild running them? Helps a lot.
    I still play Burning Crusade and WOTLK private servers pretty frequently, its not that bad. Especially compared to now.
    Hi Sephurik