Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Gear is no longer rewarding

Gear doesn't feel rewarding anymore, it's disconnected from progression because it can be attained anywhere. Titanforged muddies the water and means you can get mythic gear from any source now. Warforged was fine as a little bonus because it was just a small ilvl increase that didn't spill to the next level of gear, but now a quest piece can randomly be better than a mythic dungeon piece.

Blizzard think all this diablo random gear thing is good because it's a surprising and exciting when you get a random good upgrade. No, it's just frustrating when you're unlucky and relief when you finally get something, especially with legendaries. They don't let you work towards anything, it's all luck.

Remember when items were items? Oh you've got an item from Kara? Nice! Oh you've got tier! Great! You've got a legion item? What's the complex tag under it? I no longer feel any sense of joy when getting an item because it's all about the tag and the item isn't important. I miss shoulders being known because of the item istelf, not the tag. When there were only 1, maybe 2 versions of an item. (if things went back to a simple Normal Mode - Heroic mode raiding structure)

I know this is a whinge thread. It's not a positive thread but I don't think I'm crying for the sake of it. If nothing is ever said about bad things then nothing changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might be perceived as a negative change if you were one of them who always could get into the gear treadmill. It's a positive change for those who usually reached max level, thought of all end-game as pointless or too hard, and then simply went to alts or more likely quit and waited for the next content patch or expansion.

Titanforged 895 in most slots by simply doing world quests is a colossal grind, though. You're still incentivised to step up to raids or mythic+ dungeons in order to get the tier-set or simply a much better flow of actual gear upgrades, and not just occasional purples in a flood of blues.

I actually like it because it means that I could effectively always possibly get an upgrade from anything, and I kind of never really know quite what I'm gonna get. I could always potentially get something that'd be good, rather than waiting to do something once a week that might give me something good, but probably won't.

I especially like that you're incentivized to keep running dungeons past the initial gearing up process. That's a huge boon, IMHO, over the past.

I can see why those people who always plan out exactly what gear they need and want to get a BIS or whatever set may be put off by it. But that's kind of a weird set of ideals that I personally kind of felt never really had a place in an RPG. But that's just me, and my opinion. I can understand why someone would disagree with it.

I do agree that gear does not seem as rewarding this x-pac. I like it though, we were on the gear treadmill for 10 years now- about time we took a little break.

It doesn't change what I am going to do in game though.

I dont really think it is an issue at all, now people who dont have time get maybe 1 to 3 items equal to mythic raid loot, ill still be walking around fully geared. And i really like that dungeons are rewarding aswell now, gives them replay value even if the chance is small that you get the titanforged item you want

Yeah I dont really like it, but doesnt this work better in Diablo cos that game youre suppose to keep grinding and grinding and theres no real limit how many chances you have? For wow I guess you do have unlimited if you keep running dungeons but a lot of it is like limited to once a week/day

Deleted
    It's rewarding to the vast majority of WoW players, those who don't raid.

Deleted
    Are we back in Wrath of the Lich King? OT: I don't mind though, I haven't got the time to raid so still being able to get at least somewhat decent gear is fun (the disparity between raiders and non-raiders in WoD was ridiculous). If I could only get shitty blues without raiding, I would probably quit a lot earlier, due to not being able to get anything better anyway. I'm probably not the only casual who thinks this way, hence why Blizzard added it in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Gear doesn't feel rewarding

I no longer feel

I miss
    And there's your problem. Not the gear, not the system. You. You feel it's not worth it. You miss the old days. That doesn't mean it, as your title says, is not rewarding. It is to me. I feel that way. I don't miss the olden days.

Deleted
    Mythic+2 farming vastly devalues normal / heroic raids. Which is probably also the reason they made those (at least it feels like it to me so far) quite a bit easier.
    The random titanforged upgrades from worldquests are not really that much of a problem imo.

I don't personally feel there's a problem with gear being separate from progression. If you enjoy raiding, if you enjoy progressing, you should do it for progression itself not for the gear it boasts.

This actually gives people a great deal of freedom now over what content they do. Many people raided primarily for the gear...well they don't have to any more, they can do whatever content they fancy. Flip-side, people who genuinely enjoy raiding can continue unaffected.

I don't think its a problem and I am still playing. Just because you don't like something doesn't make ti a problem.

Actually I love that guildies can get epics of quality now without raiding. It makes them feel happy and keeps them playing. Mythic Raiding has gear that isn't obtainable any other way. And the sets are bad ass looking. Work towards that.

Stop whining.

Rings/Necks don't feel rewarding anymore, because even if they are 15/20 ilvls higher, theres a chance that they are still worse than your current ones.

But the rest is fine.

This is already the 100th thread about this Topic...

That being said, People hated WoD, because nothing besides Raids felt rewarding and thus you were playing the game actively for 1 or 2 days.

Also it's not like they are throwing the legendaries and titanforged gear at you. Being someone with ilvl 852, I was happy when I got my latest upgraded item 2 days ago (and this was raiding normal EN)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2016-09-25 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Rings/Necks don't feel rewarding anymore, because even if they are 15/20 ilvls higher, theres a chance that they are still worse than your current ones.

But the rest is fine.
    Yeah, I really agree with this. The real problem is that "bad stats" exist, which, if you're going to have certain equipment that relies entirely on secondary stats, some of which are absolutely bad, this should not be a thing. (TBH, they could probably prune out mastery and versatility, but that'd probably make some people mad. Though, they are the least RPG-y stats, IMO)

I dunno about you, but when I get a new piece of upgraded gear my brain still produces a dopamine rush and hence I am rewarded.

That's all rewards are, a dopamine rush. If you're not longer getting them from WoW then it's probably time to stop playing.

I prefer this expansion's gearing system to any other point in WoW because the dopamine has been pretty consistent where as in previous expansions the amount of work to dopamine was a little ridiculous.

Deleted
    only thing i find not rewarding is: this little ilvl increase from mythics to EM raid and from EM raid to heroic gives you to less power.
    Even comparing 870 gear with good specs against bad specs with 845 means no difference.

There should be a good and visible difference between 845 and 870 THAT would feel rewarding!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Gear doesn't feel rewarding anymore, it's disconnected from progression because it can be attained anywhere. Titanforged muddies the water and means you can get mythic gear from any source now. Warforged was fine as a little bonus because it was just a small ilvl increase that didn't spill to the next level of gear, but now a quest piece can randomly be better than a mythic dungeon piece.

Blizzard think all this diablo random gear thing is good because it's a surprising and exciting when you get a random good upgrade. No, it's just frustrating when you're unlucky and relief when you finally get something, especially with legendaries. They don't let you work towards anything, it's all luck.

Remember when items were items? Oh you've got an item from Kara? Nice! Oh you've got tier! Great! You've got a legion item? What's the complex tag under it? I no longer feel any sense of joy when getting an item because it's all about the tag and the item isn't important. I miss shoulders being known because of the item istelf, not the tag. When there were only 1, maybe 2 versions of an item. (if things went back to a simple Normal Mode - Heroic mode raiding structure)

I know this is a whinge thread. It's not a positive thread but I don't think I'm crying for the sake of it. If nothing is ever said about bad things then nothing changes.
    Let me know how quickly you get 880+ mythic/titanforged gear through world quests- because something tells me that it'll take you a LOT longer then someone who actually raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Yeah, I really agree with this. The real problem is that "bad stats" exist, which, if you're going to have certain equipment that relies entirely on secondary stats, some of which are absolutely bad, this should not be a thing. (TBH, they could probably prune out mastery and versatility, but that'd probably make some people mad. Though, they are the least RPG-y stats, IMO)
    Idk why vers is still in the game if they pruned ms

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Idk why vers is still in the game if they pruned ms
    For some specs now, it's actually decent, but it is a stat that seems to have no purpose to exist otherwise.