Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Gear doesn't feel rewarding anymore, it's disconnected from progression because it can be attained anywhere. Titanforged muddies the water and means you can get mythic gear from any source now. Warforged was fine as a little bonus because it was just a small ilvl increase that didn't spill to the next level of gear, but now a quest piece can randomly be better than a mythic dungeon piece.

Blizzard think all this diablo random gear thing is good because it's a surprising and exciting when you get a random good upgrade. No, it's just frustrating when you're unlucky and relief when you finally get something, especially with legendaries. They don't let you work towards anything, it's all luck.

Remember when items were items? Oh you've got an item from Kara? Nice! Oh you've got tier! Great! You've got a legion item? What's the complex tag under it? I no longer feel any sense of joy when getting an item because it's all about the tag and the item isn't important. I miss shoulders being known because of the item istelf, not the tag. When there were only 1, maybe 2 versions of an item. (if things went back to a simple Normal Mode - Heroic mode raiding structure)

I know this is a whinge thread. It's not a positive thread but I don't think I'm crying for the sake of it. If nothing is ever said about bad things then nothing changes.
    blizzard have discovered that once peoples reach bis gear they leave and return next tier, back when "gear was gear" that attitude was covered by an endless stream of new players for every one who took a hiatus 10 new players joined or even more, today with wow being old and with a plethora of competitors not so much.

They invented the warforge, titanforge (and ancient item in diablo) to remove the hard cap, nowadays unless you really are a no lifer who play 24/7 there is 0 chance you could say i'm fully bis (especially at less than a month from lunch day).

Personally i feel it rewarding enough i don't stress myself over a prismatic socket and view gear has a mean to an end, i want my characters to have enough power to make life in the open world (aka farming and WQ) easy, i want to go inside a dung or a lfr and feel i can do enough to make it fast and enjoyable and last i want to go on older raid and smash thing without thinking to much.
    Last edited by bufferunderrun; 2016-09-26 at 06:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I find it extremely strange that my world quest gear is higher ilvl than LFR. Like how do I have 845 gear before raids come out, and then they start at 835... why? My only purpose is to run LFR once before my guild starts raiding to learn basic boss mechanics, but get no real rewards.
    Well, LFR, too, has loot that can TF up to 895, and by virtue of being a raid, I do think it has higher chances to drop legendaries as well. (Though, I do agree that starting at 835 is a bit TOO low.. gonna be compounded when Nighthold starts at 840, that far into the expansion, too... should be 840 for EN and 850 for NH, and mythic dungeons should be boosted to 850 base to calm the LFR haters)

Deleted
    It's too random, its just not rewarding, I wouldn't mind the current system, _if_ there was something similar to valor points, that could _slowly_ over time upgrade my existing items, so even when you are unlucky in 20 mythic clears, you could at least have a feeling of doing some progress, rather than think wow that's a week wasted on zero progress on your char, and then the next week get a 850 item with the two worst stats possible, only to suffer another week with zero progress after again.

Or if they would actually have some bad luck prevention builtin, so you are not left behind by being unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I find it extremely strange that my world quest gear is higher ilvl than LFR. Like how do I have 845 gear before raids come out, and then they start at 835... why? My only purpose is to run LFR once before my guild starts raiding to learn basic boss mechanics, but get no real rewards.
    lfr ilvl is artificially nerfed by blizzard because they refuse to make it share lockout with the other difficulties, the path is norm dung ->lfg heroic dung ->lfr, mythic and mythic+ shouldn't be considered a pre-lfr activity.

That said among all the queuable activity lfr old the higher chance to roll an upgrade (beside WQ that blizzard want to remain actual even middle xpack).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Does that mean it cannot FEEL rewarding, as that was what I was pointing out in my first post?
    I'm not sure "rewarding" is the good word here. But whatever. I feel the insane ilvl ruins the game by overpowering any non-ridiculous difference in ability anyway, and the ilvl gap is even more retarded in WoD, which was itself retarded compared to MoP, which was already retarded compared to TBC.

So it's just meaningless and a contest in adding zeros now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Junk? They gave you gear that would normally be acquired from raids, how is that junk? My guild mostly only did heroic and I had like 5 pieces from Mythic BRF without ever doing Mythic including a BiS Mythic WF trinket with a socket.
    Because without set bonuses or trinkets it was so woefully underpowered your heroic and potentially even nornal sets were better. You were gimped. It was pitty gear.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Gear doesn't feel rewarding anymore, it's disconnected from progression because it can be attained anywhere. Titanforged muddies the water and means you can get mythic gear from any source now. Warforged was fine as a little bonus because it was just a small ilvl increase that didn't spill to the next level of gear, but now a quest piece can randomly be better than a mythic dungeon piece.

Blizzard think all this diablo random gear thing is good because it's a surprising and exciting when you get a random good upgrade. No, it's just frustrating when you're unlucky and relief when you finally get something, especially with legendaries. They don't let you work towards anything, it's all luck.

Remember when items were items? Oh you've got an item from Kara? Nice! Oh you've got tier! Great! You've got a legion item? What's the complex tag under it? I no longer feel any sense of joy when getting an item because it's all about the tag and the item isn't important. I miss shoulders being known because of the item istelf, not the tag. When there were only 1, maybe 2 versions of an item. (if things went back to a simple Normal Mode - Heroic mode raiding structure)

I know this is a whinge thread. It's not a positive thread but I don't think I'm crying for the sake of it. If nothing is ever said about bad things then nothing changes.
    Gear is a tool, not a trophy. The trophy is the progress. There, all fixed for you. Now you can be happy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Gear is a tool, not a trophy. The trophy is the progress. There, all fixed for you. Now you can be happy again.
    Stop speaking sense dude. The kids will riot
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Gear hasn't felt rewarding to me for several expansions now. Ever since I realized I'd rather play with people whose company I enjoy and get "worse rewards" than playing in a group whose company I don't fully enjoy for "better rewards".

If you play the game for gear, you're gonna have a bad time.

I personally like how at any moment something amazing might drop into my bags.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    And there's your problem. Not the gear, not the system. You. You feel it's not worth it. You miss the old days. That doesn't mean it, as your title says, is not rewarding. It is to me. I feel that way. I don't miss the olden days.
    Please don't criticize him for marking opinions. There is no gain in training people to claim subjective matters as fact. Let that simmer for 2000 years and people go to war for their favorite sky fairy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Diablo 2 is a social game, not a grinding game. Diablo 3 is just bad.

The only thing that was truly rewarding in WoW was the in-game community. I never felt the gear was rewarding.
    Maybe today when the community is small, but when D2 was current it was a huge grinding game and people generally didn't talk in games more than to say "tp up" and "ng"

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, the fact is, the highest items depend on RNG instead of difficulty/effort. Hence they are not really "rewards" but rather "lottery".
    It just seems many people mix up "greed" with "rewarding".
    This is plain wrong, the highest items in game depends a lot on difficulty/effort, and RNG is just a side-variable, like it has always been. Why do you think everyone in top 1000 guilds are better geared then people who only do normal raids or dungeons.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like it isn't rewards either... It seems so easy to get good gear now-a-days. With world quests I haven't stepped in a mythic or raid yet and I have a 843 il. It is so easy to get gear without having to actually work for it.