Poll: Title Question;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    What development did N'zoth have? You mean Cata, where he was referenced more or less three times, and while important to the overall plot, was more or less just that, a glorified plot device?

Or MoP, where he did nothing? Arguably, the only "development" he had, was in Legion, in Chronicles and in Hearthstone.
    Which is a lot more than what Yogg had

Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    We are not using it. Check Illidan's novel, we will use the Legion Keystone to open portals directly into their realms. That's the DHs main mission when Illidan sent them off during the TBC raid.
    take a guess who has it right now.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    I think at least one of them is gonna be a patch boss in Legion. They never have an entire expansion focused only on one villain. There is always a little variety.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd hope they get their own expansion, though I think it's entirely possible that we'll see them both in this expansion first.

My theory:

Ny'alotha rises near the Broken Isles, with N'Zoth imprisoned inside but his bindings failing. He calls the naga to himself to protect him until he can fully break free. We get our shit together and tear ass through Ny'alotha to reach N'Zoth, we're about to take him out, then someone (maybe Azshara, maybe N'Zoth, maybe another NPC, whoever) points out that the Alliance and the Horde are on the verge of being overwhelmed by the Burning Legion, who are poised to destroy Azeroth.

We don't want that. N'Zoth doesn't want that either - he needs Azeroth to survive so he can corrupt the Titan within. The Alliance and the Horde are badly outnumbered - neither the mortal heroes nor N'Zoth alone can stop the Legion.

Both sides need allies, so rather than slay N'Zoth, we shatter his bindings, so that all of his dark power can brought to bear against the demons. Naga and faceless and other Old God beasties rise up to assault the Broken Shore as N'Zoth is freed.

Both sides know that once the Legion is defeated, they'll be back to trying to kill each other, but at least by joining forces against the Legion we all have a shot at surviving.

This will lead into the next expansion when we have to go to Nazjatar and deal with Azshara and N'Zoth before N'Zoth can successfully corrupt Azeroth.

7.1 we get Nighthold and finish the Suramar questline.
    7.2 we get N'zoth and Azshara as filler and a new zone south of Suramar.
    7.3+ we go to Argus and deal with the legion.
    Next xpack we start dealing with the void.
    7.1 is actually the mega kara dungeon, suramar stuff and the Trail of valor mini raid.

Nighthold is technically 7.0 content, just won't be available until after 7.1. Similar to Blackrock foundry in WoD

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    They seem to be moving on at a much quicker pace than expected. They got the titan talking to us, the army of light communicating with us. I predict 2 more expansions, n'zoth one, then army of light one, but depending on how quickly legion goes, could be one.
    You know that WoW is still operating (read: profiting) in the hundreds of millions range right? It won't end in 2 expansions.

On the topic tho:

I think Blizzard can stretch out the storyline (if they really want to) by giving both N'zoth and Azshara their own expansion sets. It'd be the smartest move both lorewise (expanding 2 closely related stories separately) and business-wise (selling 2 expansions).

Potential N'zoth expansion:

Ny'alotha, the Sleeping City
    Black Empire (as featured in the Chronicle)
    Learning more about the Old Gods & the Void

Potential Azshara expansion:

Basically, a Pirate themed expansion with Azshara as the main villain
    Featuring the islands of Azeroth, both known and unknown.
    Players can (could) have their own ships. Note that these ships cannot be directly controlled due to engine limitations. It'd operate more like the Class Hall system. Maybe various factions of Pirates?

Looking at Legion, it could lead to either. Also, these two concepts can be easily connected to each other. My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Sentynel; 2016-09-26 at 03:16 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they're the second proper raid tier this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    What development did N'zoth have? You mean Cata, where he was referenced more or less three times, and while important to the overall plot, was more or less just that, a glorified plot device?

Or MoP, where he did nothing? Arguably, the only "development" he had, was in Legion, in Chronicles and in Hearthstone.
    You mean Yogg-Saron, who was referenced in two very similar Saronite quests, a cave in Howling Fjords, by Faceless in three locations and was in the background of Loken's storyline in Storm Peaks?

Versus UVG, Stormrage, Chronicles, Hearthstone (I suppose), 4.0, 4.3, Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron and Y'Shaarj (if N'zoth is related to Ny'alotha as Il'gynoth implies), Il'gynoth, Xala'tath (in multiple zones), Blizzcon and few Blue posts and tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Which is a lot more than what Yogg had
    *Inserts "thank you" GIF*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I would love to have an old god as the real last Boss of an expansion with a proper narrative... I mean generally a REAL Old-God-driven expansion would be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    4.3, Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron and Y'Shaarj (if N'zoth is related to Ny'alotha as Il'gynoth implies)
    Im very sure it is. N'zoth is frequently described in a way befitting the old god Nyarlathotep from the original cthulu mythos. The connection is uncanny considering the features both posses in how and what they are doing and as little was we may know about him every piece fits the description perfectly. Its also obvious that Nyalotha is coming from the name Nyarlathotep and you could basically say the same. Both take inspirations of the Lovecraftian Old God and the related city Ryleth
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You mean Yogg-Saron, who was referenced in two very similar Saronite quests, a cave in Howling Fjords, by Faceless in three locations and was in the background of Loken's storyline in Storm Peaks?

Versus UVG, Stormrage, Chronicles, Hearthstone (I suppose), 4.0, 4.3, Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron and Y'Shaarj (if N'zoth is related to Ny'alotha as Il'gynoth implies), Il'gynoth, Xala'tath (in multiple zones), Blizzcon and few Blue posts and tweets.

*Inserts "thank you" GIF*
    You forgot about the Ursoc quest chain in Grizzly hills. Where Ursoc tells you about Yogg-saron.

It makes me sad that SO many people have forgotten about that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    You forgot about the Ursoc quest chain in Grizzly hills. Where Ursoc tells you about Yogg-saron.

It makes me sad that SO many people have forgotten about that
    I didn't, but it isn't like that added much development. The point stands when people said that both of them have a similar degree of (lack of) development.

The Burning Legion is the main antagonist since the RTS. The Old Gods are simply lackeys of the next big enemy. Stop hyping them to be something bigger than they are, we already killed most of them. N'zoth will die in a xpack with Azshara and then we will move on. There is no need for an xpack for that.
    As it stands right now, they are the ones manipulating this entire invasion of the Legion to their advantage and the Legion exists purely to service the greater goal of eradicating the corruption of the Old Gods from all planets... By means of eradicating all life and un-life (which are inherently corruptible) from the Universe. The Old Gods are "simply lackeys" they ARE the physical manifestation of the "End Game Evil" until such a time as a Void Titan emerges. I'm not saying we need an entire expac built around N'zoth, but that he would certainly be the end-boss of one dedicated to Azshara.

Deleted
    Whose power do you think the nightfallen are tapping ?

We ll see old god action this expansion to probably move toward void lords in the following ones.

We go to tomb of sargeras (7.2 raid) at the end we will try and seal the tomb, but somehow Nzoth will be released (the 5 keys bla bla bla whispers from ilgynoth).
    What will be released are the void lords, lead to azeroth by the pillars of creation.
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-09-28 at 06:17 AM.

Deleted
    This expansion is called Legion

The first raid is centered around the Emerald Nightmare, with old gods and druidic theme
    Next we get Trials of Valor, with vyrkul theme
    Then there is Nighthold, with heavy elf theme

They surely won't make another tier around Old Gods, it will be something demon related for sure.